Old 03-06-2019, 09:38 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't believe you will either Bumboid

D
Old 03-07-2019, 04:41 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Good job Bumboid....

For me, it is almost as if alcohol doesn't even exist anymore. Sort-of like any other recreational drugs I have tried in the past

I don't even give myself the option, and I stay away from those who drink. I know someday I will be around it, but it won't be by choice.

Drinking for us is like going to the doc and asking to be injected with a deadly disease, one that will kill us slowly and painfully.

Why would I ever do that??
Old 03-07-2019, 07:15 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Good job Bumboid

Everything starts to slowly feel better.
Old 03-08-2019, 04:39 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Why not plan a good healthy meal for yourself and your girls? Let them help you shop and prepare it. And it will help keep you in the moment and focused on what's important.

Or, just check in with us, that works too. Cheering for you my friend.
Old 03-08-2019, 06:10 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone and happy Friday!

Lot's of changes happening this weekend for me, roommate leaving, interviewing new house mates, new work schedule takes effect, and I'll be 6 months sober on Sunday!

I know that I can face any obstacle and make good clear decisions as long as I never take another drink. That part of my life is over, and I don't miss it, not even for one second!

Thank you all for being here, your support has helped me succeed!

Old 03-08-2019, 03:58 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Great job Bumboid !!!!!! Yes day by day, minute by minute sometimes. Keep it up. Good job.

Congratulations WF so nice to hear
Old 03-08-2019, 04:02 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

I feel like a different person than 4 weeks ago. I have 4 weeks tonight.
day by day, piece by piece feeling like myself and better than I have in a long time.
Am I done ? Yes. Ive said that before but I feel like no questioning absolutely done. Never again.
Have a good weekend everyone, stay close and good luck interviewing and decorating
Old 03-08-2019, 04:07 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats wf! you too Hopeful!

D
Old 03-08-2019, 06:16 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Super proud of all of us. That's awesome on 6months WF. I was right behind you. But.....But I'm ok with my progress. It's knowing I'm definitely crawling out of the cave that encourages me. Like you hopeful, I know I'm done. I just can't drink anymore. And I'm happy to say it. I was unwilling to fully commit to that statement in the past. Good job Bumboid on riding out those cravings. Hope you realize waking up tomorrow will be way more enjoyable than waking up after 2 bottles of wine.

On a sour note, my wife is on her 5th 1.5l of wine this week. She really ramps it up when I quit. I know she was happy when I was drinking with her. But I've told her how miserable I am inside when I'm drinking. Even though I seem happy in the drunk, I'm not. A quagmire for sure.

But Im committed to my sobriety. I have to be.
Old 03-09-2019, 04:23 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Good morning all....I need a few opinions, if you don't mind

So, as you all know I'm interviewing for a new roommate, and I have decided I definitely want someone who does not drink....obviously!

I have put it out there, no drinkers, but most people I've talked to drink socially. Is it fair for me to say NO booze in the home? For me, it's a yes.

Thoughts?

Old 03-09-2019, 04:49 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Absolutely WF. It's your home. Obviously going to narrow your candidates but they need to suit your living conditions.

Bumboid, this last relapse I too had the night sweats. A few nights was all being such a short relapse.

But, it is not lost on me that just a few days of drinking sets off withdrawal symptoms that last for days. We are not normies. Can't pretend to think we are.

Btw, I joined the march thread for extra accountability. In fact I was the first to join. It's a stark reminder of how hard it is to stop drinking in the early days even though people want to commit to it. Not as much enthusiasm as there is here.

Let's commit to keep working on this and not let ourselves fall all the way back to ground zero.

I'm in and I pinky swear.
Old 03-09-2019, 11:29 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Good job everyone

I like joining or at least reading the current month group for the reasons that, sometimes when you are in it, for me at least, i momentarily can forget that something occurring is a side effect of withdrawal.

And then you sign on and read that everyone else is so angry today, or so tired, or anxiety etc., couldn't sleep on day day 11, etc. and it puts it into perspective that its a part of the process and nothing like the sky is falling in your life.

And sometimes just relating or picking up a new tip to deal with it
Old 03-09-2019, 11:30 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

WF I would stick to your no drinking period. Its your sobriety, your life, and we don't need to make any compromises
Old 03-09-2019, 04:57 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Administrator

my home is a non drink zone WF

D
Old 03-09-2019, 09:20 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Goodnight. :
Old 03-09-2019, 09:40 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Administrator

night FR

D
Old 03-10-2019, 07:19 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Morning ladies and gents.

So my new plan of setting short term goals has been very helpful. I no longer check the long term weather forecasts. I just see what's up for the next few days and plan accordingly. When a nice sunny day (or afternoon) pops up, I enjoy the moment instead of dwelling on how bad it's "going to get".

Also attacking small projects. Finished my sons bedroom Wednesday and decided to refinish the bathroom while I had all the tools and paint stuff out. Finished it in 2 days. Then realized all the rooms on the first floor of my house have been updated and completed. (We have plans of possibly selling our home and building a new one). So the short terms goal completions are widdling away at my long term goals.

I feel very solid in my sobriety again and I'm not allowing others to influence that. My youngest asked me if we had any plans to get together with our (drinkin) friends last night. I told him no, that now that I'm not drinking, I don't get invited anymore. I'm not much fun I guess.

"I think your fun, Dad. I like hanging out with you".

Mic drop.
Old 03-10-2019, 03:29 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

awww Final, thats so nice
made me smile. Good job getting stuff done as well!
Old 03-10-2019, 03:31 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

how is the decorating and everything going there Bumboid

how was the weekend WF, and Dee

Feeling a bit tired today and a bit down. But I know its just one day.
Old 03-10-2019, 04:56 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  
Administrator

Heatwave here Hopeful so I'm trying to stay hydrated and cool

D