Notices

Class of March 2016 Part 76

Old 01-21-2019, 03:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of March 2016 Part 76

last part here

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...t-75-a-20.html (Class of March 2016 Part 75)

D
Old 01-21-2019, 04:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you.... and love and goodnight dearest D

And good morning fellow coldies......holy something.....this is fun for an Aussie.
Old 01-21-2019, 07:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Mornin' everybody. This is gonna' be an inside day. Below freezing outside. I got startin' fluid though!

Hope everybody had a great weekend.
Old 01-21-2019, 07:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Freaking cold here, too. It passes. Just like the drinking thoughts.

Making an offer on the house today, keep us in your thoughts. It's not cut and dried - a lot of things have to fall in to place.

Sometimes - like at Christmas or some other gathering - I'll see a family member or friend having a glass of wine and feel a bit of nostalgia. But the reality is - I never had one. I would have finished the bottle and probably had another and then I would sneak one in the morning to calm the shakes. I remember these things. I guess it's like being a diabetic and watching everyone eat cake - knowing it would taste good but also knowing it is poison in my body.

One is never enough.

I hope everyone has a great Monday.

Hey - Caramel and 13th! Good to see you guys.
Old 01-21-2019, 08:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good luck on the house Bobbie.
Old 01-21-2019, 09:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for the new thread, Dee - and the helpful thoughts to close out the last one.

Good luck on the offer, Bobbie. In the best of circumstances, housing transactions are never cut and dried.

The drinking thoughts - my mind knows just which buttons to push ... it knows me better than anyone. It requires some work to overcome this - again, a work in progress.

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 01-21-2019, 11:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hand ok- but starting to tighten up now- lots of physio.

Weather getting very hot again....well der.

Went to an ACA meeting last night- still on the fence with this one. Will wait and see..I am not gonna do the 'but it's not for me' stuff, however I will just take time to assess if it is helping or no.
Old 01-21-2019, 03:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Dee, say it one million or ten million times. Eventually I'll stop being foolish and get that quitting is the only solution.

Suze, perhaps detox is the answer. I'm just not ready and I can't say why because I simply don't know. Perhaps it's pride, though misguided. Perhaps I'm not as smart as I'd like to think. Or, perhaps I'm just paralyzed by analysis, the most likely.

Bobbie, bbg, PJ, MITA, purps, and all thank you as always for not only supporting me but putting up with me.

Sam, where are you?
Old 01-22-2019, 04:45 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Changing Anti D-'s sucks. The anxiety, fatigue and pain (old one had neuropathic effect, which- hopefully will new one, once it kicks in). Saw GP- on track, but feeling slightly horrible. Sleeping routine waaaay off- unable to sleep until about 0300. That plus the heat, my hand in progress and just passing the b/day I shared with dead bro (who died of booze in same ICU bed I woke up in- I watched him die, we unplugged him) have made me a miserable git lately.
Not drinking- or any temptation to- have worked too hard to do that, but it sucks friends.

Mind- considering how I was 3y ago, this is peanuts.

Support to all.
Old 01-22-2019, 05:38 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Sorry for your present troubles, PJ, hope tomorrow is a brighter day for you. Take gentle care.
Old 01-22-2019, 05:39 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Freaking cold here, too. It passes. Just like the drinking thoughts.

Making an offer on the house today, keep us in your thoughts. It's not cut and dried - a lot of things have to fall in to place.

Sometimes - like at Christmas or some other gathering - I'll see a family member or friend having a glass of wine and feel a bit of nostalgia. But the reality is - I never had one. I would have finished the bottle and probably had another and then I would sneak one in the morning to calm the shakes. I remember these things. I guess it's like being a diabetic and watching everyone eat cake - knowing it would taste good but also knowing it is poison in my body.

One is never enough.

I hope everyone has a great Monday.

Hey - Caramel and 13th! Good to see you guys.
I love this post darling Bobbie.....we move on, get a new normal and it feels good. I hear you re the nostalgia....I used to feel that way. Now, I feel so differently.....in the same situation/family gathering I feel complete amazement when I see someone drink one glass of wine. Or a half a glass because it was too much for them. Or because they put it down and forgot about it (and incredibly Suzanne the alcoholic didn't drink it) and someone threw it out.....

I think about what it must have been like for my entire family to watch me get drunker and drunker through these things in years gone by.....how awful for them.

I NEVER want to do that to anyone ever again.

I still have a long way to go to get my self-respect back.....one day at a time though.....for sure.

Old 01-22-2019, 07:10 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

PHX - hugs. I remember last summer being rough for you too. I hope you get some relief.

MITA - I hope you have an uneventful and boring day. (my favorite kind these days)

BBG - I'm ready for a strong cup of startin' fluid.

Hey Caramel!

Suze - I hear you. I am always shocked when someone leaves their drink on a table and doesn't finish it. Like - wait, what?? You can do that?!? I never could.
Glad to be further from that person each day.

They accepted our offer. All things go smoothly we will be closing on Feb. 26, Trying to stay calm here and in the zone. A lot of paperwork to be done. When it's all over - It will just be joy from me.

Have a great day, all my March People.
Old 01-22-2019, 07:11 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Congratulations honey....how fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ♥♥

And good morning BBG and MITA and 13th and everyone else. s
Old 01-22-2019, 07:49 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Just a quick checkin. Busy, busy, busy! Have a great day everybody.
Old 01-22-2019, 08:05 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Good morning Marcheros!

PJ, hope things improve quickly for you - but you got this!

Startin' fluid is all gone - should be a pretty manageable few weeks coming up with no travel. I'm listening to the audio book "Can't Hurt Me" by David Goggins - it's not really a recovery specific book. But man, talked about a messed up childhood. It's a very good listen, but also very hard to listen to in parts - so if you're the sensitive type it might not be your thing.

Have a great day
Old 01-22-2019, 08:14 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
and just passing the b/day I shared with dead bro (who died of booze in same ICU bed I woke up in- I watched him die, we unplugged him) have made me a miserable git lately.
I feel you there PJ as I have a significant passed brother anniversary coming up. Hardly the same. Still difficult. Much support to you and thank you for yours. Take good care of yourself.

Love to all.
Old 01-22-2019, 08:53 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Hello everybody,
Just coming out of my chemo- coma and catching up.

Congrats on selling your house Bobbie! It’s always so exciting when an offer is accepted! Hope it works out and March this year will see you in a new home.

To everyone cold...I’m sorry! To everyone hot, I’m sorry! It’s even cold here too...for us. Windy and 57. And btw I had no idea that the hair on our heads, actually does keep our heads warm. Who knew? I’m bald as a billiard ball and went outside in my back yard, and oh gosh was I cold. Brain freeze.

Hi MITA, book sounds deep but frightening.

About alcohol nostalgia, I was binging on The Sopranos tv show about the mob, and there was this scene of a woman sitting in her big living room, fire blazing, room perfectly decorated for Christmas that would have cost thousands of dollars. She was drinking a glass of white wine looking at her huge amazing Christmas tree. I started to miss wine and then thought....me slowly slipping one glass of wine is as much a fantasy as everything else in that room I could never have/afford. My memory and reality don’t match sometimes until I mentally slap myself.

Venus my friend who came to visit me, was the perfect picture you described. She was me....drinking more and more thru the night and people watching probably thinking...”oh honey, you need to stop.”

Pj, support to you in all your challenges.

And support to everyone else. All the time.

Love,
Lillian
Old 01-23-2019, 01:50 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

(((Lillian))) You're a rockstar! Thanks for checking in ~ I have to mentally slap myself all the time too....

(((PJ))) Hope your days begin to look back up

Bobbie how exciting! Congrats on your new home

Startin' fluid time Sam check in! Saaaaammmmm....

(((Marchers)))
Old 01-23-2019, 03:00 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thanks folks, I am doing okay- just need to put it into perspective.

Stay the course 13th, the trick with memories is not to ruminate (too much).

Glad you are about Lill.

Congrats B

Hope you are okay Sam.
Old 01-23-2019, 07:33 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Mornin' everybody. Slept in this morning but I got startin' fluid now!

Good to see you Lil.

Mornin' Purp. I'm with you. SAAAAAAMMMM!!!

PHX I wish I had whatever it is that you have. You're tough man!