Notices

One Year & Over Part 66

Old 01-25-2019, 10:33 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Overs

Nearly 6.30 am on Saturday here, but funnily enough, since I retired, I don’t look forward to weekends anymore. Every day’s a holiday. Hubby is settling nicely into retirement too.

It’s Kathy’s memorial service later this afternoon.❤️
Old 01-25-2019, 11:49 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

What time gmt Mags?
Old 01-26-2019, 12:39 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Have a good weekend everyone.
Old 01-26-2019, 12:53 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Magsie

Toots, it’s says 1pm which is our 5pm but Suze says they’ll be starting at 11.30. Which will be our 3.30. If you want the link pm Suze and she’ll send it to you. I’ve not received it yet, I think middle of night for Suze.
Old 01-26-2019, 01:29 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Yep, it's 4:27 am in the eastern US currently.

My thoughts will be with Kathy today while at work.
Old 01-26-2019, 02:01 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Suze,
A career in the military does that. There are things I envy about folks who never had to move every two, three, four, it five years at most. The grass is always greener, no?

Dee,
You must be on the coast? Ocean temp moderation and PJ inland hotter? We gotta do a map for you guys too. Your area sounds like San Diego California weather.

No snow here Mags, it has been in the 60s one day and 50s the next, then next Tuesday it will be 34°F (2.7C) then the following Monday it's 69°F (20.5C). It's crazy wet cold and wet warm.

FBL,
Colorado Springs is closer you our Temps, sometimes the same, but dry. You take care in that cold.

Sassy,
I say that too but then realize I was the same airhead at 20. I never was good at names or dates. Sometimes it's just normal for me. But I still call it oldtimer's disease! BTW, check this out, ya never know: https://news.yale.edu/2019/01/02/new...ent-alzheimers

PJ,
Yeah I'd be interested in that title too.

Hey Wolf!

Mags and Toots, we need Suze to post it here. Your GMT is 5 hours ahead of us so 1pm Eastern time US is 8am your time if GMT. I am US central time which means I'm six hours earlier than GMT so I pm Eastern is 12 pm here.

Our government is open again so I may fly yet. The airlines and flight controllers were at the tipping point when they changed their minds and all did the right thing. But driving may still be best for me. I'll make that decision Monday.
G'nite.
Old 01-26-2019, 02:15 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Magsie

Itchy, this is the post Suze put on yesterday.

Hi lovely Gilmerites. Dee and I received the information re the memorial, and as Dee will be asleep (time zone), it is best if you message or email me directly for the link to the service....the family wants to keep it private and does not want the link published here....they do want anyone who was close to Kathy to have access.

Kathy's family plans on going live perhaps around 11:30 A.M. Eastern Standard Time (East Coast USA).

I have the link for everyone who wants to be there tomorrow.....the family would prefer we not post it publically....but they know there are many of us who love Kathy and want to include us....

PM please and I will share the link.
————————————————————
I’ve just checked clocks and it’s 5.20 EST in Kathy’s time zone and 10.20 am here in U.K.
Old 01-26-2019, 03:16 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Magsie

Originally Posted by Mags1 View Post
Toots, it’s says 1pm which is our 5pm but Suze says they’ll be starting at 11.30. Which will be our 3.30. If you want the link pm Suze and she’ll send it to you. I’ve not received it yet, I think middle of night for Suze.
Toots, 11.30 will be 4.30pm in U.K. I’m easily confused!
Old 01-26-2019, 03:25 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Morning overs 4:20 am here (mtn time) at work waiting for the residence to wake up and become annoying, until then peace and silence. Hoping I will be able to watch the service (9:30 my time).

badge
Old 01-26-2019, 03:52 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

It's a balmy -12F (-24C) here this morning! This is just a preview of what's to come. Looks like several inches of snow on Monday and then REALLY cold air for Wednesday and Thursday. May get to -20F or colder. Now that's what I call winter!

Have a great weekend, overs!
Old 01-26-2019, 05:02 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Prayers for the service

Itch- Adelaide is right on the coast- mostly dry....
Old 01-26-2019, 05:06 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs!

After an unseasonably warm day yesterday, we are back to cold today. My kitty is currently snuggling in my lap so I am plenty warm :-)
Old 01-26-2019, 05:11 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

I sent the link I have so far to everyone who messaged, feel free toots love, Itchy, and if and when I get the second one I will PM it out fast. s

Old 01-26-2019, 07:05 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Magsie

Thanks Suze love , much appreciated’s
Old 01-26-2019, 01:05 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Missed it. Was it nice?

PJ, Adelaide is far from the equator so I had to look up why those temps near the coast and this is the answer:
https://www.quora.com/Why-is-Austral...om-the-Equator
Thanks, I have learned something fascinating today about the climate of Oz. And why solar is such an easy energy solution down there. I was fascinated when Elon MUsk built the world's largest battery in South Australia as a peaker plant replacement that earned the utility owners around $1 million in just a few days. Source: https://electrek.co/2018/01/23/tesla...lia-1-million/
I just googled Australia wind power: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wind_power_in_Australia
The potential for 100% cheap renewable wind and solar energy there is amazing! I wonder why your country is not already exploiting it to 100%?

Mags, thanks anyway for thinking of me an following through for me. I went to bed ten minutes before you posted! Oh well, Kathy knew how I felt and vice versa. I was up late doing checklists and price comparisons now that I can safely fly again. I messed up as the price was really cheap just after the government opened because no one wanted to fly, and doubled on me be cause I hesitated. Thus my later than usual night and late morning.

Gotta call the airlines again and may still drive.
Have a great weekend Overs!
Old 01-26-2019, 05:45 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Itch - the 'batteries' were kicked into use on the 47 day. I think there are a lot of innovative minds in my little city, but politics gets in the way. Australia - for example has huge gas supplies and exports lots, but it is not a cheap commodity for us. As for solar and wind power- excellent 'alternatives', but politicians rarely see the big picture, it seems- more hell bent on popularity than doing what is sustainable- or right. But as SR is not for politics- I am sure you all know anyway.

Year ago, now- when the water issues were headliners (the Murray Darling water system- which effects 3 states is and was in dire straits, a billion dollar price tagged desalination plant was built- and it has never been used.
Old 01-26-2019, 08:14 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Thanks,Suze for keeping us in the loop
Old 01-26-2019, 11:04 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Overs

Itch, the service was lovely and the eulogies by her son and grand daughter were wonderfully funny, heartwarming and it felt in those moments we were nearer to Kathy.
Old 01-27-2019, 12:17 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Sorry I missed it, your messages came too late.
Old 01-27-2019, 12:35 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Magsie

Sorry toots. Someone said they watched ithe service afterwards so it still may be available if you want to have a look.