Notices

Class of November 2018 Part 4

Old 12-16-2018, 10:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of November 2018 Part 4

last part here:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-3-a-20.html (Class of November 2018 Part 3)

D
Old 12-16-2018, 11:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Omg, yes to every song on that list, especially Paranoid Android. I would add A Wolf at the Door, I Will, Let Down, Jigsaw Falling into Place, No Surprises, and Karma Police. Their music sends me to my happy place.

I haven’t seen them live. I’m jealous. If I could see them live, I would totally have to be sober; I would want to remember it!

^^^^ Copied and pasted it from Part 3.

That's an awesome list of songs. "A Wolf At The Door" is a great song!

The Tourist, Pyramid Song, Climbing Up the Walls, Lucky... too many great songs to mention.
Old 12-16-2018, 11:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

"Everything In Its Right Place"
Old 12-16-2018, 11:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

"15 Steps"

Old 12-16-2018, 11:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Morning everyone

Wow- a new thread - I always think a new thread shows how we are progressing

Kaily - how is your pup this morning?

Bonnie -I would also struggle in such close proximity to wine. My husband drinks beer but it doesn't bother me as not my doc. If he drank wine I would really find it difficult. I would also find eating out regularly a struggle too. Is there any way you can speak with him and he compromise in any way?

TJ-sorry to hear you drank again but great to see you still here. Can you tweak your plan in any way?

I've got a day off work today which I love when I've been away for a few days. I've stayed with family and as much as I love them I find it very intense .I'm a creature of habit and very insular and love being alone. Being around people drains me physically and mentally and I need to regroup afterwards. I slept so well last night which was a bonus and helps immensely.

I'm going to eat healthily this week-yes it's nearly Christmas but its a week away. I am sure the eating poorly has contributed to cravings and general feelings of instability. So today it's exercise and eating well.

Have a good day everyone.
RAL
Old 12-17-2018, 12:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

A lot brighter today thanks, she has eaten breakfast and seems happy enough. It is sad when they get old, her eyesight is failing as is her hearing but most days she is still up for a good walk.
Old 12-17-2018, 04:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good Morning. I hope everyone is having a good day.
As for being in relationships with people who drink - my husband also drinks a lot. And, since everything seemed to be my drink of choice, as long as he's drinking (and he ALWAYS will be), it will be a former drink of mine: A good beer in the afternoon, vodka tonic (or 2 or 3 or 4...) for after work, good wine with a nice dinner, Baileys for an after dinner drink...a few shots with friends...you name it - very little that I wouldn't drink...
It's hard. Especially when his mood changes - he becomes irrational and frustrated with the kids and they don't get it. I feel awful that they are growing up like this...but, I can change me and I am (again...).
Happy Monday!
Old 12-17-2018, 06:46 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TeeJayVerm View Post
"15 Steps"

Good one! That’s the song I was trying to remember when you asked me my favorites. ❤️❤️❤️
Old 12-17-2018, 09:06 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Day 8. Went to physical therapy this morning, and the therapist, I’ll just call him Torquemada, prescribed some exercises and stretches that should help. It might be a while before my back is all fixed, but it’s a start.

My daughter is safely back home, which is a relief, but it also means I have to resume meltdown alert. I get overwhelmed just thinking about the next year, two years, ten years with her, and it’s so depressing that it overshadows everything. I don’t blame her for being bipolar, and I know it must be worse for her, so I’m not some evil hag who can’t stand her own kid. Her illness makes her hard to live with though, and I hope it gets better for her sake and everyone else’s.

I appreciate the input from everyone regarding drinking spouses. This used to be a bigger problem for me when I tried to quit before, but I’m handling it better now. I can’t control other people and all that. Some days I handle things better than others, that’s all.

I get what you’re saying about restaurants, Kaily. A middle ground would be nice. For me, restaurants are very tied to drinking, so it presents a challenge when we go so often. I guess it’s good that I’m getting in lots of practice, I suppose. Also, the other night the waitress remembered my drink order: unsweet iced tea, no lemon. So now I’m Tea Lady instead of Champagne Lady which is a nice feeling.

TJ — I’m now officially including listening to Radiohead as part of my sobriety plan. I relate the song “Just” to my drinking, even though it’s not about that. It’s my “snap out of it” song.

Kaily — glad your dog seems better today. She’s lucky to have you.

Breakfree, I hope you’re doing well.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-17-2018, 01:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Really thinking about having a drink. I shouldn’t be struggling this much, this must get boring for y’all. I just want to switch off my stupid brain. I don’t know, I might have a glass of wine, just being honest.

sigh. I’ll have a Diet Coke first. And maybe something to eat. Maybe I can change my mind.
Old 12-17-2018, 01:49 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Have that coke. Eat clean your teeth take a bath go for a walk. Please don't drink. You won't regret not drinking games in the morning . At 3 am when you wake swearing with a dry mouth headache feeling rough and not being able to sleep you'll regret it 😢

you can do this .
Old 12-17-2018, 02:14 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

How are you bonnie ? Sorry that should have said sweating not swearing. Although will probably be both
Old 12-17-2018, 02:21 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

RAL, I’m so stupid! I just poured a big glass of wine and took two sips. Then my daughter came out of her room, so I hid the glass because I’ve decided that I don’t want her to see me drinking anymore. So we chatted for half an hour and I started feeling like an idiot, like what the hell is wrong with me. I have all these reasons to not drink, and I just say eff it for what?

So I poured the rest out.

I guess this puts me at day 0. Just for two stupid sips.

(I’m on my phone and don’t have the usual emojis, but this is where I’d put the one with the dude hitting his head on the wall.)

Dammit, dammit, dammit!

Edit: okay, I’m a bit mad at myself, but live and learn. I’m glad I stopped when I did, at least I won’t be waking up miserable.
Old 12-17-2018, 02:36 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

That's great you poured it out bonnie. Proud of you ☺
Old 12-17-2018, 02:44 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Bonniefloyd - I am glad you poured out the rest of the wine. I know you can do this!

I am on day 59 and this is really getting easier. I tell myself drinking will make a good day bad and a bad day worse. I have no excuse to drink.
Old 12-17-2018, 02:55 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I miss clearpath.
Old 12-17-2018, 02:57 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thanks RAL and Rd2q. If I hadn’t been interrupted, I’d be halfway through the bottle. I need to halt things sooner.

Hoe are you guys this evening? RAL, have you caught up on rest?
Old 12-17-2018, 02:58 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rd2quit View Post
I miss clearpath.
me too
Old 12-17-2018, 03:42 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

what ideas do you use to deal with cravings Bonnie?

D
Old 12-17-2018, 03:45 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post
TJ-sorry to hear you drank again but great to see you still here. Can you tweak your plan in any way?
Thanks RAL - I'm going better today. I feel I have a solid plan in place... just need to execute it. I really need to start exercising, meditating, and journaling on a more regular basis.