Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 426

Old 01-10-2019, 02:19 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
I think I’m not used to feeling anything much. I drank for 35 years, since I was 15. I guess I numbed out all the hard things with alcohol. Now I’m experiencing the hardest thing I’ve ever had to deal with, and the intense raw emotion is sometimes so overwhelming. I think after having to suppress my grief the last few weeks of being in ongoing social situations, now means that as I’m alone now, all the pent up grief is pouring out.
And I’m getting a headache. I really need to make myself get up out of bed and make myself a coffee.

Thank you Calmerwaters ❤️
Yes love....to be honest....I was pretty worried about you doing all of that over the holidays....but also really proud of you for having the courage to be a partner to your partner....it is hard for us in early recovery to be around alcohol....and I understand that your Christmas plans were important to your guy....and you came through so well. You were so strong.

But yes, that was a lot....and I would be exhausted if I was you.

I know you know it's only a few years for me since I lost dad and Auntie Dorothy (his sister and my best friend) and my mum 3 years before that. That took a LOT of healing...and yours happened all at once. That is HARD.

So nurture you....and let us keep loving you through this. It will be a while before it gets easier....but it will: I promise. ❤️
Old 01-10-2019, 02:21 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
I'm gonna need another 24!
And you shall have it. ❤️
Old 01-10-2019, 02:28 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Yes love....to be honest....I was pretty worried about you doing all of that over the holidays....but also really proud of you for having the courage to be a partner to your partner....it is hard for us in early recovery to be around alcohol....and I understand that your Christmas plans were important to your guy....and you came through so well. You were so strong.

But yes, that was a lot....and I would be exhausted if I was you.

I know you know it's only a few years for me since I lost dad and Auntie Dorothy (his sister and my best friend) and my mum 3 years before that. That took a LOT of healing...and yours happened all at once. That is HARD.

So nurture you....and let us keep loving you through this. It will be a while before it gets easier....but it will: I promise. ❤️
Thank you beautiful ❤️ I just can’t seem to stop crying today. The tears are just pouring out, I can barely see as I type this. You’re right, I did the Christmas trip for my partner. To be honest I didn’t want to go. At all. But it was important to him. Now I am just overwhelmed and I can’t seem to get out of bed today. I’ve been awake for hours and I think I’m having caffeine withdrawal as my head is pounding. So I’m going to kick myself out of the bed and make a coffee. Maybe the act of doing that will dry the tears and the coffee will help the head.... So much love to you ❤️❤️❤️
Old 01-10-2019, 02:39 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Oh, isn't there caffeine in chai latte?
Yes.....just less....maybe that would be nice.... ❤️
Old 01-10-2019, 02:40 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Need another 24 please.
Old 01-10-2019, 02:56 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Willow and Ardy and Delilah and anyone else who is struggling today- my heart goes out to you.
I woke up feeling very ungrounded and irritable. I flew off the handle about packing tape this morning and ended up crying in a miserable puddle of my own tears in the dining room (the kids were in the basement.) Well they both heard me and came up and hugged me. As much as it warmed my heart, the last thing I want is them to have memories of how emotionally unstable their mother was. I sometimes think they will grow up and tell their friends that their mom had "mental health issues" the way some of my friends refer to their parents.
It's true though- Depression, addiction, mood swings- I mean I am working on feeling and being better but some days I am still a roller coaster of emotions. I just want it to end. I want to be healed.

Going to my monthly Reiki share in an hour. I can't wait to give and receive the healing I so desperately need. I actually had a chance to offer Reiki to someone today (at my son's preschool) and I didn't even think about it until after I left. Then I was beating myself up about it for hours. One day it will come naturally...
Old 01-10-2019, 02:58 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  

(((Sunny))) ❤️
Old 01-10-2019, 03:05 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee
Thanks Suze and Badger ❤️ It’s been a crazy roller coaster journey since I stopped drinking in May. I honestly didn’t think I’d make it through the silly season without drinking, but having lost Mum and Dad I couldn’t bear the thought of letting them down. I feel I owed it to them, to stay sober and present, for this first Christmas without them, (especially to Mum who waited till my monumental day 100 before heading off on her journey to Heaven). I’m not usually a church goer, but I took great comfort in going to church on Christmas morning and lighting candles for them both. I felt closer to them being sober than I could have if I’d been drinking. And I’m so glad to start the New Year sober. Now that I’m home I can fully see how challenging these last weeks, actually months have been. But I feel I’ve turned a corner. I still miss them like crazy and my life will never be the same, but I’m so grateful that I’m doing it sober. It doesn’t seem like sobriety is s burden, and I don’t feel like I’m missing out. I have more clarity, even though it is swathed in moments of stark sadness. I have occasional moments of lightness, especially when surrounded by nature. They are fleeting, but by seeking out nature, I intend to bring those moments into my life more often. I will get there. One day at a time.

Thank you all here on SR for being here ❤️❤️❤️
Serious tears over here. We will get there. The lightest moments are indeed found in nature for me too. No matter what the weather. 24 more please.
Old 01-10-2019, 03:06 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Alex honey what's happening????
Sending so much love. ❤️❤️
Old 01-10-2019, 03:10 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  

24 please. Night everyone
Old 01-10-2019, 03:34 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chaisson View Post
Checking in for another 24 please. Today is one of those winter days to appreciate in terms of DC weather - blue sunny clear sky yet cold and windy, quite a break from the often gray gloom this time of year.

Well, wifey and daughters have flown off for a long weekend out of town. In the past the the alarms & flashing lights would have sounded as yippie ki yay em effer time would have commenced with heavy unabashed drinking. Not interested in even the thought of it this weekend, and it's nice to get back into this kind of headspace.

Wishing all a great productive day.
My friend, I loved loved loved drinking all alone at home. Wife leaving for work was the green light... aaaaaaannnnnd GO!! I just loved that there was no pretense to socializing, or “ooops, I drank too much.” Nope, it was just unabashed getting hammered. Yes, many of us here know the feeling.

That has been the hardest situation in which to stay sober. It probably took several months to go through an alone evening and not think about drinking. I’m glad you’re not tempted. It’s so not worth it. Stay strong!!

Old 01-10-2019, 04:36 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Struggling with sadness/depression/grief or something like that yesterday and today, just feeling very flat and down, and missing my Mum but I’m in for 24 please. I know it comes in waves, and I just have to ride it out.
Thanks everyone for being here ❤️
A hug just because.
Old 01-10-2019, 04:39 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ardy View Post
hi all I am here. Please God Hear my Prayer...
I am ok.. take care of my Mom in NC please she is sick so bad.
at 89 years of age the damp and cold of NC in that house is just not a good thing.. Please God....

I am in for another 24 hours just ardy
Praying for your mom and for you too, Ardy.
Old 01-10-2019, 04:42 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  

I think I’m not used to feeling anything much. I drank for 35 years, since I was 15. I guess I numbed out all the hard things with alcohol. Now I’m experiencing the hardest thing I’ve ever had to deal with, and the intense raw emotion is sometimes so overwhelming. I think after having to suppress my grief the last few weeks of being in ongoing social situations, now means that as I’m alone now, all the pent up grief is pouring out.
And I’m getting a headache. I really need to make myself get up out of bed and make myself a coffee.

Thank you Calmerwaters ❤️
Grief is so hard but doing it sober is the only good way, Dear One.
Old 01-10-2019, 04:43 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Thank you beautiful ❤️ I just can’t seem to stop crying today. The tears are just pouring out, I can barely see as I type this. You’re right, I did the Christmas trip for my partner. To be honest I didn’t want to go. At all. But it was important to him. Now I am just overwhelmed and I can’t seem to get out of bed today. I’ve been awake for hours and I think I’m having caffeine withdrawal as my head is pounding. So I’m going to kick myself out of the bed and make a coffee. Maybe the act of doing that will dry the tears and the coffee will help the head.... So much love to you ❤️❤️❤️
Crying is healing. Let the tears flow honey. Coffee, absolutely!
Old 01-10-2019, 04:45 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Willow and Ardy and Delilah and anyone else who is struggling today- my heart goes out to you.
I woke up feeling very ungrounded and irritable. I flew off the handle about packing tape this morning and ended up crying in a miserable puddle of my own tears in the dining room (the kids were in the basement.) Well they both heard me and came up and hugged me. As much as it warmed my heart, the last thing I want is them to have memories of how emotionally unstable their mother was. I sometimes think they will grow up and tell their friends that their mom had "mental health issues" the way some of my friends refer to their parents.
It's true though- Depression, addiction, mood swings- I mean I am working on feeling and being better but some days I am still a roller coaster of emotions. I just want it to end. I want to be healed.

Going to my monthly Reiki share in an hour. I can't wait to give and receive the healing I so desperately need. I actually had a chance to offer Reiki to someone today (at my son's preschool) and I didn't even think about it until after I left. Then I was beating myself up about it for hours. One day it will come naturally...
You'll get there, Sunny. Believe it. Sending Love...……...
Old 01-10-2019, 04:47 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Tired girl.

Sweet Sober Dreams, Dear Ones.

Back from dinner out with my grief support group. Time will heal.

Old 01-10-2019, 04:49 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Nite, nite.
Old 01-10-2019, 05:13 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kris47 View Post
Tired girl.

Sweet Sober Dreams, Dear Ones.

Back from dinner out with my grief support group. Time will heal.

Hugs back
And thank you ❤️
Old 01-10-2019, 05:39 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Alex honey what's happening????
Sending so much love. ❤️❤️
I was just catching up on the thread and willow's post made me tear up a bit! My March thread is really quiet so it's nice to hear from others with similar sober time as me. When real life sobriety feels lonely it's so encouraging to remember there are people here who are hanging on through trials and tribulations as well.