Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 426

Old 01-09-2019, 06:29 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Oh......just an add to Dee's beautiful post.....I put my heart and soul into this thread every day....I create the pics....and sometimes I write big important posts (to me)...stuff that is not easy for me. And hey, sometimes no one thanks my posts for hours and hours and I used to think sheesh, I better be quiet....

Like that's going to happen.

Now I understand how many factors come into play....for D and maybe other people as well, it is not that easy to go through and thank every post, and even if you can thank every post, it takes a while....some of you guys have busy lives....the bottom line is I don't worry about it. Not one bit.

Having said that, if I ever don't thank a post it is an accident. Sometimes the page jumps a bit....Chrome is not working for me anymore.

Anyway.....massive

I am extremely grateful for this thread and every single one of you. ❤️❤️❤️
Old 01-09-2019, 06:35 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
Totally agree with Willow and Badge about the wonder that is Mother Nature. At the risk of sounding a teeny bit crazy, I'm going to share what I did on Saturday. Warning .... this is a little bit bonkers but it harmed no one and it's far less bonkers than numbing emotions with poison so here goes....
Every Saturday afternoon I take my dog for a walk through these beautiful woods. Last Saturday as me and dog set off, I thought to myself, 'today I'm going to find a beautiful stick and bring it home with me'. As we walked through the woods, I kept my eyes peeled for beautiful sticks on the ground and after 40 minutes or so, I had about 15 sticks in my hands. Then I stopped at this massive tree trunk and laid all the sticks out and looked at them. Then I had to work out which sticks weren't going through to the next round and eventually I had 2 sticks in the grand final. One was green and wonderful and the other was red and white striped. I wanted them both to win but there could only be one winner.... and when dog and I walked out of the woods, I brought the winning stick home with me. The winning stick wasn't important (it was the stripey one)... what was important was the fact I spent an hour immersed in nature and focused on something that has nothing to do with responsibility, grief, worry, fear, anxiety and all the other big stuff us humans have to handle. And it made me think about my kids. They're always collecting stones, shells, leaves, pine cones etc. They notice stuff ... they notice stuff all the time. .. stuff that often passes me by. Maybe it's because kids haven't forgotten yet... they haven't forgotten that this world is wonderful and magical and if you want to have fun you don't need to spend a load of money or get stressed about the details. I loved my hour in the woods collecting sticks.... I'm going to do it again this saturday. Reconnecting with nature has been one of the most joyful and unexpected consequences of sobriety.... and the miracle of nature is right there... outside my door... all the time. Makes me feel so blessed. Congratulations to everyone celebrating a milestone today and 24 more for me please xx
I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!! ❤️

See.....magic....always magic from you darling kent.

If you ask my husband, he will tell you that this Aquarian still collects just as I did all of my life. And I still do it with the same joy. To be honest, the only reason I haven't finished the photos of my house yet is because I was a little embarrassed....what will everyone think about my collection of plants and beautiful candle bowls.....I have a lot.

Also.....may I please please please see the stick.....I really want to see that red stripey stick. Like A LOT.

Love you and thank you. ❤️
Old 01-09-2019, 07:04 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Hello darling vana. ♥♥♥
Old 01-09-2019, 07:40 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Oh......just an add to Dee's beautiful post.....I put my heart and soul into this thread every day....I create the pics....and sometimes I write big important posts (to me)...stuff that is not easy for me. And hey, sometimes no one thanks my posts for hours and hours and I used to think sheesh, I better be quiet....

Now I understand how many factors come into play....for D and maybe other people as well, it is not that easy to go through and thank every post, and even if you can thank every post, it takes a while....some of you guys have busy lives....the bottom line is I don't worry about it. Not one bit.

Having said that, if I ever don't thank a post it is an accident. Sometimes the page jumps a bit....Chrome is not working for me anymore.

Anyway.....massive

you are doing a fantastic job and we all appreciate you ---
another 24 please
Babs
Old 01-09-2019, 07:44 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Another 24 for me please
Old 01-09-2019, 09:00 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

And yes Sunny darling, I picked Wayne Dyer this week for you.... ♥♥
I love it!! I just started listening to his podcasts. They are so good! I wish I could have met him...
Old 01-09-2019, 09:29 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
8:16 pm in California and checking in for another 24. It has been a difficult few weeks around here. Losing my mom was awful, and yesterday my husband found out a friend of his was killed in a car accident, then last night my BIL ended up in the ICU after a fall, and when got there was diagnosed with pneumonia and is on a ventilator.

I know things will turn around, I actually bought a lottery ticket on the way home, thinking maybe it was time for my luck to change.

In sticking with my word present I was focused at work today. I took a long lunch and went to visit my BIL, and then I went to the HS basketball game and watched my daughter cheer.

Now I'm checking in with some of my favorite people.

❤️Delilah

((((Delilah, sweetheart)). May our love comfort you and your family.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:32 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 1newcreation View Post
Hi Ms V? You used to think of me but not anymore so feelings are hurt
((1new)); you are so loved
Old 01-09-2019, 09:33 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
Ah 1newcreation, I'm sorry your feelings are hurt. If it's any consolation, my feelings get hurt over and over again on this thread. I will never understand why some people like every post on a page except mine!! And it's always the same people so I know they're using the ignore function specifically for me. Why do that?? Why be so cruel?? I know my posts may be a little irritating at times but why ignore me?? I'm treading the same recovery waters as everyone else.... just trying to navigate my way through. It's unkind and I'm calling it out as unkind. But as far as Suze goes, surely there can't be a kinder, more compassionate soul in the universe? She's incredible but she's human and if she's missed your posts 1new creation I reckon it's because she just missed your posts. Stay strong and seek validation from within yourself 1newcreation. ... that's what I'm trying to learn how to do. 24 more for me please xxxx
(((Kenton))))

To skip your beautiful posts would be my true loss.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:37 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Anyway.....massive

Your heart and soul shines through with each post
Old 01-09-2019, 11:11 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nmd View Post
Thanks for the welcome Suze. Not really sure what i need to restart for good but I'll keep trying.

In for 24hours sober
Sorry, I didn't see this properly this morning.

So talk to us....what has worked for you before, what would you be willing to try....more threads here...meetings maybe....just start talking....there is a lot of good advice and many different ways of building recovery tools....there are so many of us....so maybe this is were you could start love.
Old 01-09-2019, 12:13 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

12:12 pm in California and checking in for another 24. Congrats to all celebrating a milestone today.

Sending love to all.
❤️Delilah
Old 01-09-2019, 12:38 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Suze you are SOOO amazing ❤️
We all love you ❤️

And Kenton I want to see the stripey stick too! I really really do. I didn’t say it before because I felt silly but I really want to see it
I still collect all manner of things when I’m out walking in nature... shells from the beach, pebbles, feathers, sticks, interesting bits of bark, wild flowers ❤️

24 more please from Thursday morning down under
Love and support to you all x
Old 01-09-2019, 12:49 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

more prayers Dels
Old 01-09-2019, 01:06 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Goodnight Guys
Old 01-09-2019, 01:48 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I will take another 24 please.
Old 01-09-2019, 01:53 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Checking in for 24.
Old 01-09-2019, 02:10 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back nmd

I hope this time can be your time to quit for good and move from periodic sobriety to permanent recovery - I absolutely believe you have it in you to be able to do that

congrats
badgerden ~ 1 year & 3 months! ♥
Zanna ~ 2 years!! ♥

Thanks to everyone who posted today and recommitted to another day sober

D
Old 01-09-2019, 02:47 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

24 hour check in. Good night everyone.
Old 01-09-2019, 03:07 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

6:07pm and ready for 24 more please!