SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 426 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/435396-24-hour-recovery-connections-part-426-a.html)

Willow00 01-09-2019 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by aussieblue (Post 7094880)
DAY 2
Rough night with no sleep , it was hot and then the possums started dancing on the roof I am sure they were wearing boots. I hope they are not there tonight. So , so tired.

Love to all.

((((Aussie)))) I hope you get a better sleep tonight :hug:

Guener 01-09-2019 12:36 AM

Yes, it's time to say I'm ready for another 24. :)

Zanna 01-09-2019 12:38 AM

24 more, thanks :) Xx

Dee74 01-09-2019 12:55 AM

I was just about to launch into a justification of my thanking practices but you know what?

I do my best - we all do.

Some days are easier than others but the end result is always about me and my limitations that particular day - noone here should take anything I might do (or not do) personally.

I know how it is to feel insecure - & I genuinely apologise if anyones felt snubbed by me personally...

& I'm sure that's the same for everyone else here... but I don't think there's a more warm and loving thread than this one :)

Congrats to all our milestoners!

Citrus ~ yesterday, sorry ~ 1 week! ♥
Coco6054 ~ 3 months! ♥
Nic233 ~ 1 year & 2 months! ♥
Kaneda8888 ~ 5 years & 4 months! ♥
least ~ 9 years & 1 month! ♥

and congrats to everyone recommitting to recovery today.

Hugs & thanks to everyone who's posted here today :grouphug:

D

Willow00 01-09-2019 01:01 AM

Well said Dee, thank you ❤️

tgirl 01-09-2019 01:04 AM

Another 24 please

Canadian Koala 01-09-2019 01:29 AM

Congratulations to everybody reaching a milestone today!
24 more please https://www.surlatoile.com/smileys/r.../minikoala.gif

Thanks

Neoo 01-09-2019 01:36 AM

24 more please...Love to All :grouphug:

H379 01-09-2019 02:19 AM

I am going to try for another 24 of being sober and cigarette free.

Great day everyone!

Sunflowerlife 01-09-2019 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by Delilah1 (Post 7095150)
8:16 pm in California and checking in for another 24. It has been a difficult few weeks around here. Losing my mom was awful, and yesterday my husband found out a friend of his was killed in a car accident, then last night my BIL ended up in the ICU after a fall, and when got there was diagnosed with pneumonia and is on a ventilator.

I know things will turn around, I actually bought a lottery ticket on the way home, thinking maybe it was time for my luck to change.

In sticking with my word present I was focused at work today. I took a long lunch and went to visit my BIL, and then I went to the HS basketball game and watched my daughter cheer.

Now I'm checking in with some of my favorite people.

❤️Delilah

Sending lots and lots of love to you D. Things will go up from here, I just know it.

Sunflowerlife 01-09-2019 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by kenton (Post 7095227)
Ah 1newcreation, I'm sorry your feelings are hurt. If it's any consolation, my feelings get hurt over and over again on this thread. I will never understand why some people like every post on a page except mine!! And it's always the same people so I know they're using the ignore function specifically for me. Why do that?? Why be so cruel?? I know my posts may be a little irritating at times but why ignore me?? I'm treading the same recovery waters as everyone else.... just trying to navigate my way through. It's unkind and I'm calling it out as unkind. But as far as Suze goes, surely there can't be a kinder, more compassionate soul in the universe? She's incredible but she's human and if she's missed your posts 1new creation I reckon it's because she just missed your posts. Stay strong and seek validation from within yourself 1newcreation. ... that's what I'm trying to learn how to do. 24 more for me please xxxx

Hi sweet Kenton! DO you know what my thoughts are on this? I believe people "like" the posts they actually read and because yours can be lenthy (but amazing!!!!) perhaps they honestly don't have the time so they don't feel right about liking a post they haven't read? It's just a thought. I would not, just NOT be taking it personally.

So this morning, I found this photo on FB and copied it to paste it here and then I came here to read your post and Dee's response. I will post it below because I wanted everyone to see it, I wasn't thinking of you when I copied it (since I hadn't been on SR.)

Anyway, I love you and I really highly doubt people are using the ignore function on you and even if they are, that their choice! Please remember how wonderful you are my dear friend!

Sunflowerlife 01-09-2019 02:46 AM

https://i.postimg.cc/rFwsghmZ/495757...28948736-n.png

Sunflowerlife 01-09-2019 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 7095255)
I was just about to launch into a justification of my thanking practices but you know what?

I do my best - we all do.

Some days are easier than others but the end result is always about me and my limitations that particular day - noone here should take anything I might do (or not do) personally.

I know how it is to feel insecure - & I genuinely apologise if anyones felt snubbed by me personally...

& I'm sure that's the same for everyone else here... but I don't think there's a more warm and loving thread than this one :)

Congrats to all our milestoners!

Citrus ~ yesterday, sorry ~ 1 week! ♥
Coco6054 ~ 3 months! ♥
Nic233 ~ 1 year & 2 months! ♥
Kaneda8888 ~ 5 years & 4 months! ♥
least ~ 9 years & 1 month! ♥

and congrats to everyone recommitting to recovery today.

Hugs & thanks to everyone who's posted here today :grouphug:

D

I adore you!!

Sunflowerlife 01-09-2019 02:49 AM

Morning sober friends.
Had a really great experience last night at a local place that holds group breathwork/soundbath. We did the breathwork for 25 minutes and then 35 minutes of soundbath (singing bowls, chimes and bells being rung.) The whole thing felt like 30 minutes!

I am slowly changed because of it. I woke up tired and my routine is to go to the gym to lift but my body wants YOGA!! I am actually considering doing a teacher training in the near future. For now, I am about to go in the basement and find a power yoga I can do from Gaia Tv.

Love you guys! Have a great day and keep on doing what you are doing to stay sober and free...

ChloeRose63 01-09-2019 02:49 AM

24 more for me.

yukonm 01-09-2019 02:56 AM

Signing up for 24 hours drink and drug free. 5:56am in Jacksonville, Florida!!

Congratulations to all those celebrating milestones today!! :a122:

goose333 01-09-2019 03:04 AM

24 please
6:03 am EST

Awake61 01-09-2019 03:08 AM

24 more of being awake.

Saskia 01-09-2019 03:19 AM

In foranother 24

zoeydog 01-09-2019 03:35 AM

Another 24 please.