Notices

Class of March 2016 Part 75

Old 12-08-2018, 07:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of March 2016 Part 75

last part here

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...t-74-a-20.html (Class of March 2016 Part 74)

D
Old 12-09-2018, 03:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee.

Happy Sunday Marcheros!

Still early here - looking forward to the sunrise. Have a great day!
Old 12-09-2018, 04:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks peoples. Tomorrow (2227 Sunday now) I go in for a preop. assessment. Due to the 'depth and severity' of my burns- they are going to do chest xrays, ECG and god knows what else. Then Wed afternoon- I ring the hospital for final instructions, then THURSDAY (I hope) I go for the corrective hand surgery. Hopefully with just and arm block and an overnight stay. They are keeping me in overnight- because I live alone. I feel ok- but agitated. Went for a big drive today to clear my head.

Also I have been trying to help a friend- who seems hell bent on going down the destructive alcoholic road to losing everything and everyone. She is unsafe....but is being monitored by people more equipped to do it than me- and I have already told my friend I will support with boundaries. I will not get sucked into the damage. My own safety first. I feel like crap, still. Like waiting for a bomb to explode.

Sigh

Went for a biiig drive..nice rural scenery
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
traffic.jpg (38.3 KB, 129 views)
Old 12-09-2018, 12:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Nice pic PHX. Getting out and about is a good way to clear the mind.

I've been up since very early, and now I am the "T" in HALTS, so I'm going to chill for a bit. Appreciate being able to check in here to post the play-by-pay of my day - thanks for listening.
Old 12-09-2018, 06:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

All my love again PJ and everyone. ♥♥
Old 12-09-2018, 06:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope all went OK today Peej

D
Old 12-09-2018, 07:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee.
When I was living in that crappy place- run and frequented by druggies (not me- I was drinking) I was directed to a guy who was a whiz with computers. I was so fried and terrified not to offend I let this guy 'fix' this laptop, as it had a few viruses. He completely corrupted the files (he was high) and I spent a lot of time researching and fixing.
So this morning- I had to go back to factory default- as there was yet another hidden screwed bit of software left over. Taken hours- but all good now.
AND- went in for preop assessment. Got there early- paperwork repeated 3 times, anaesthetic check good- efficient. Then another dept for an ECG (which no one looked at), then another hour's wait- while a junior doc (who I was watching for that hours) got engrossed in my morbid story..the consult check took 3 minutes. So left feeling annoyed- or more over- tired.
Then the piece of resistance- a young guy (about 9 I think) was waylaying people in the small shopping mall near me- selling electricity plans. He approached me 3 times...I knew I was annoyed by the amount of effort it took on ask number 3 to be polite. Usually not that bad.

All set now for surgery on Thursday- this being 8 hours worth of consults and waits.
Irony- a queue of about 30 people to go to one receptionist for checking into outpatients- with a lovely, shiny flyer from the govt stressing they are making waiting times shorter. Not an issue for me(except getting annoyed)- but some people in the queue were very unwell looking.
Old 12-09-2018, 09:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Glad that's done with, PJ.
Got your meals planned for the next week or so?
Take care of self.
Old 12-09-2018, 10:03 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good luck with Thursday PJ - and glad you fixed the 'puter

D
Old 12-09-2018, 11:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Got meals planned for the 2 days post op- Cornish pasties!
Old 12-10-2018, 12:22 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

^ and fruit and veges, hey

Old 12-10-2018, 07:15 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Thanks Dee.
When I was living in that crappy place- run and frequented by druggies (not me- I was drinking) I was directed to a guy who was a whiz with computers. I was so fried and terrified not to offend I let this guy 'fix' this laptop, as it had a few viruses. He completely corrupted the files (he was high) and I spent a lot of time researching and fixing.
So this morning- I had to go back to factory default- as there was yet another hidden screwed bit of software left over. Taken hours- but all good now.
AND- went in for preop assessment. Got there early- paperwork repeated 3 times, anaesthetic check good- efficient. Then another dept for an ECG (which no one looked at), then another hour's wait- while a junior doc (who I was watching for that hours) got engrossed in my morbid story..the consult check took 3 minutes. So left feeling annoyed- or more over- tired.
Then the piece of resistance- a young guy (about 9 I think) was waylaying people in the small shopping mall near me- selling electricity plans. He approached me 3 times...I knew I was annoyed by the amount of effort it took on ask number 3 to be polite. Usually not that bad.

All set now for surgery on Thursday- this being 8 hours worth of consults and waits.
Irony- a queue of about 30 people to go to one receptionist for checking into outpatients- with a lovely, shiny flyer from the govt stressing they are making waiting times shorter. Not an issue for me(except getting annoyed)- but some people in the queue were very unwell looking.
Oh my gosh....that queue is sad, and so very wrong.

And wow.....that was a lot to go through....guessing they didn't look at the ECG because your heart was purring nicely. Glad you are in good shape....it will make the recovery so much better I think. I believe.

Well done on fixing your PC....it is empowering to grow those skills. Before I got sober I couldn't do any of the tech stuff I can do now and it is all self-taught....oh, except for one AMAZING trick Nick taught me....quoting posts from a closed thread....you grab the permalink numbers, copy the posts and voila. Neat trick.

Anyway....self-sufficiency with tech is great, and saves SO much money.

Thinking of you love and hoping you are having a good sleep.

Old 12-10-2018, 07:31 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hey PHX. Glad everything got worked out, including the PC stuff. Good luck on Thursday!!

Hi Caramel and Venus

I've got a bad case of the Monday's My work calendar is filling up fast and I have zero motivation this morning ....

Happy to be here, though!!
Old 12-10-2018, 07:32 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Morning MITA and BBG and Bobbie girl and Purps and 13th and everyone...... s
Old 12-10-2018, 07:34 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Me too MITA....started with a fight and tears. My fault. I am a grumpy bum today.

Coffee? I could make you a chocolate latte.
Old 12-10-2018, 08:41 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Just the thought of a chocolate latte sounds great!! If we could have lattes together, that would be perfect
Old 12-10-2018, 08:51 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Well, if I recall, you are occasionally in Ohio? So maybe.
Old 12-10-2018, 06:04 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Well, if I recall, you are occasionally in Ohio? So maybe.
Not too often, but maybe I will make a special trip

Pretty good day here. Finally got our Christmas tree up and decorated. I do love being in AZ, but it sure is different at holiday time!!

Hope all are doing well - Venus, PJ, Bobbie, Lillian, Sam, Purps, BBG, 13th, Caramel and all our other less active folks. Have a good night
Old 12-10-2018, 06:13 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Heya MITA and all. Saw my GP- he asked quite a few questions- did the depression test bit and suggested 'we' change my meds to another sort. Same score as last time- but some profound changes- increase in sadness, for example. All okay- just life.

In medieval times- I would have had a hole drilled through my skull to let all the crazy stuff out.
Old 12-10-2018, 06:32 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
In medieval times- I would have had a hole drilled through my skull to let all the crazy stuff out.
Now that's something I could get behind for myself.

Hope all are well.