Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 9

Old 01-12-2019, 12:02 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Good morning Aprils and a happy Saturday, hope you're all well.
I've been up a while as I've just had a new washing machine delivered, the old one was on it's last legs. 6.30 a.m I got a call from the delivery chaps saying it would be with within the hour and it was. Pretty good service that, though the young lad that was helping carry it in very nearly dropped it twice, all okay now though.

Anyway, see you all later and have the best day you can. Lots of love to you all. xx

Thought for the day.....

If you don’t like something change it; if you can’t change it, change the way you think about it.
Old 01-12-2019, 12:03 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Morning all

Nichole I know exactly what you are going through. The cravings are very powerful, I know.but up can get through them. I know , because I got through them myself. How I did it? I prayed to God. I asked him to give me strength to not pick up a drink. I said the serenity prayer, GOD , grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change and the courage to change the things I can. I CANNOT change the fact I am an alcoholic and that if I put one drink in my body then I set off the phenomenon of craving and cannot stop drinking but I can change....I do not have to put that first drink in me. If I don't pick up that first drink I cannot get drunk. I went to an A A meeting. Is that an option for you now? I posted here. I know you can do that one! I cleaned, watched something, read something. Anything to distract my mind because the danger for us is when we allow the thought of a drink to sit with us and then the mental obsession kicks in. I have never ever regretted NOT picking up a drink. I believe in you Nichole, I know you want this or else you wouldn't keep trying. I know now from my own experience life is 10000 X better sober. It is not without challenges of course but hey, that's life but it really is better.

Hey everyone else . I've had a great nights sleep and looking forward to a sober Saturday! !! Check in later X X x
Old 01-12-2019, 06:53 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Nicole 💙 I’m glad you’re here too. We care about you. Some good advice and encouragent is going your way. And with that I’m going to throw in my 2 cents 😀.

Stay with us. For you and for us. Keep posting. Agreed wity Dee, every time you say ‘no’ to the booze you get better at it.

Im not sure what happened to me. I just said, “no more,” and it lasted. For now at least. The hardest part for me was not cravings, but the exhaustion the I get when I quit. Usually it’s a week or two. This time I’m 48 years old and it was brutal, but I didn’t crave booze. I was blessed. I had some force behind me.

Snitch said something I agree with, I just use different words. I believe in a Universe. A force all around us that we can reach out to, give our intentions to, we can channel it, and it helps in a lot of ways. When things are bleak sometimes all you can do is let the Universe take over. If you put the right intentions out there, it WILL respond with help and gifts. I don’t care if it’s physics we don’t understand, God, or The Force from Star Wars. It doesn’t matter. There’s something out there. The less you drink the more you will be able to connect to it. Then the more you are able to connect, you connect even easier and easier.

Keep posting

V🐍
Old 01-12-2019, 07:03 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

So the trip is getting very close. I’m in rush mode. Get it done. I need to start packing.

Snitch unfortunately I did not go expensive on the camera and that was a mistake. I got a smaller camera and it is not for me. Damnit! It’s too late now. Maybe since my dad bought this one, send it back for store credit and order the good one when I return?? I just don’t want that nice camera in Brazil on my first trip. I should have got it and used it in a limited way down there. That good one is a joy to use. Makes me excited to get out and go for it.

Maybe the iphone will be my camera. I’m really going to get in shape and escape this place.

I need to scheme something up. Wish I had another week here.

ohhhh well.

V🐍
Old 01-13-2019, 02:06 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Good morning Aprils, though it's a wild and windy one here. I hope you are all well and sober, I slept really well last night, I went to bed early and slept like a log, it doesn't happen often.

Wow, Suze and Viper, you have both written such powerful words for Nichole, your words made me stop and reflect so thank you.

Nichole, I hope you are still hanging in there, you know we are here for you, I hope you take on board what both Snitch and Viper have said. You are no different from any of us here, it's been equally as hard for us as it is for you, you just have to keep going, keep pushing yourself, work through the cravings, work harder than you've ever worked. You can do this and you can do it with us.

Hope you've got a good day ahead Suze, what have you got planned? As I got a new washing machine yesterday, I just wondered if you finally got yours all sorted, I know you had loads of problems with your kitchen.
You're forever an inspiration with your stories of your struggles and how you are fighting them with the help of the A.A. You help me more than you know. xx

Hi Vipe, re getting sober, I don't know what happened to me either, somehow this time it is different, like I've just had enough of the being sick and tired and I'm so done with it. I have no regrets whatsoever about being sober and I have no desire to go back to the black hole I was in. Long may I feel that way.
Oops re the camera, I'm sure you'll decide what's best for you. It's very close now to you leaving, you must be counting the days. I'm looking forward to reading the tales of your adventure. Take care.

Hi Erratic and kelley, come and post soon please.

Hi Dee. x

See you all later, I better go and get dressed, I'm being really lazy this morning.

Thought for the day.... " A hard fall means a high bounce…if you’re made of the right material."
Old 01-13-2019, 06:29 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone y’all being to nice to me lol I actually appreciate it you don’t know how much it means!!!! This is the only support I have.... unfortunately my husband doesn’t back my sobriety and a lot of friends don’t either most are heavy drinkers and don’t want to change or don’t understand it!!!! With that being said I’ve been sticking to myself haven’t been hanging out with anyone or talking to them as other day when I was struggling not to drink my friend text me to see what I was up to I told her trying not to drink at the moment she told me I should just go ahead we are still young and you only live once well you do only live once but I can think of 1000s of other way to live a life then being drunk all the time!!!
I personally think life in addiction isn’t living at all because there is no enjoyment just let downs...
Only day 9 having odd sober hangovers I think I’m just tired and drained from fighting to push myself through everything not depressed but feeling down Feels like I don’t have much fight left and just want to give up but I already know if I drink there won’t be an off button I’ll drink until I black out or pass out and I don’t want that either
Erratic I’m hoping to see you post soon!!!
Viper... Brazil??? Very beautiful place and friendly people!!! I actually have a friend in Brazil She came to the US to finish high school and moved back after she graduated I still keep in touch with her and she shares pictures very pretty place!!!
Hoping the best for everyone today words can express how much everyone means to me I truly hope life is treating you right!!! I have to adventure outside today to get firewood not looking forward to it the snow is to my knees way more then what they called for they are about to put the roads on a warning to where you get a ticket if the cops see you driving on them so I guess I’m stuck home today
Old 01-13-2019, 03:35 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Checking in to say goodnight.

Hey Nichole, S.R is the only support I get too, that's why I try and post often. My husband does support my sobriety in the way that he worries about my drinking and when we go out he would never buy me alcohol or encourage me to drink it, but he is like an ostrich and buries his head in the sand, refuses to talk about it and never tells me he is proud of me or that I'm doing well etc. Maybe he's a bit in denial about it all, I don't know.
I've had friends say to me too that we only have one life, but the thing is that if I carried on binge drinking the way I was, I probably wouldn't live that much longer. I'd probably get killed in a drunken accident or die of a painful alcohol related illness. I am not ready to die, I don't want to die especially at the hands of alcohol. I want to enjoy my one life, not live it in a drunken, sick haze, I want to make happy memories with my g.children and see them grow up.
Anyway, you be careful in that snow, we haven't had any yet here in North West U.K which is pretty unusual. Keep it over there though, I'm quite happy with having none, lol. You take care. Big hugs to you. xxxx

Erratic get your @ss posting. xx

Goodnight Aprils, I'm off to bed. xxx
Old 01-13-2019, 05:38 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Omg. No wonder I drank. I’m so screwed up. The camera thing is like a parasite in my brain. Definitely not digging the smaller one. New York City stores can have the nice on too me easily before my trip.

A lot of it comes down to money. I really am using my entire ‘boat’ for this endeavor. I could buy a nearly new BMW650 Enduro world travel motorcycle with all of the hard cases and extras for $5000 and just blow out of here. On to New Mexico and start a new life. I guess this is the in between step and I’ll meet, expat Canooks, Brits, Aussies, all kinds of South Americans. People that figured out a way to get out of the rat race or to drop out of society. Everyone thinks this trip is amazing. My sister told me to go F myself when I texted a beach pic to her the other day 😂. She was joking.

This ruminating is is part of my disease. The booze took it away instantly. It hurts. It physically hurts and is absolutely draining. I don’t know why it’s focused itself on camera. But if that was not a factor it would find something else.

Im not nervous about the trip. I think the little town is very safe and it is beautiful.

Im just trying to talk this out. Post later. I’m wasteing good time I could be packing. Spent 4 hours in bed. It’s 8:30pm and I crawled in at 4:30.

The second I’m on my way, there is no changing anything and this all vanishes.

I think good camera. Or more like excellent is the choice. I can always sell it. I’ve done that several times. I gotta get up and order in the morning at 9. NYC will have it here next day.

V

Old 01-13-2019, 08:50 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

early morn all x
having to work this morn so will post later in afo .
Old 01-14-2019, 04:42 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Good morning Aprils and how are you all doing? It's been a bit quiet here over the weekend, Suzanne, Kelley, are both okay?
All good with me, I've had quite a straight forward morning, nothing exciting but that's okay, I don't want any drama.

Wow, Viper, decisions, decisions, that's what it's all about. All I can say is if in doubt then don't.
How many days now, I can't remember without going back, is it the 16th you leave? Just make sure you keep us posted.

Morning Erratic, I hope work is kind to you today. Look forward to seeing you later. xx

I'm off now to make a couple of phone calls. I'll prob be back later, love to you all.xx

Thought for the day....

"It isn’t what happens to us that causes us to suffer; it’s what we say to ourselves about what happens."
Old 01-14-2019, 09:17 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

hi all x

Work was bz and came home for lay down. Did the norm went to shops with hubby and i came away with cans of pineapple and mango fizzy juice! hub came home with beer, nvm x i have nurse tomo for my bloods that i should of got in dec so will see how things are with my innards x then i have my pdoc on wed see how that goes x

good to see u all hugs x
Old 01-14-2019, 02:38 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Off to bed in a but but quick check in.

Hope you are all ok?

So on Sunday I went to church! Bit different to my life this time last year lol. My sponsor is quite religious/spiritual and she took me to church with her. It was a beautiful experience. Lots of people there. A band singing. A speaker. The kids are taken off into groups to do fun stuff. It was pretty awesome actually.

I have been in quite a bit of emotional pain though. . First off, I have just started my step 4 I have to make a list of everyone I hold or had a resentment towards. It is long lol! At the moment I just have to write the names. Am meeting with my sponsor tomorrow to get the next instruction which I think is to write the reasons I am resentful. So that's brought up some pain.

Although I have put down the bottle I am realising my life is still very unmanageable which agaib is causing me emotiobal pain. Just not drinking isnt going to fix everything!! Now I am sober I have to start tackling other areas of my life. Number 1. My finances. They are in bit of a mess to be honest and I just keep putting it off and putting it off but the time has come to pull out my sword because no one is coming to save me! I need to sort this myself. So I have been praying to my HP for the willingness, courage, strength and motivation to deal with this area of my life and tomorrow afternoon I am going to sit down and work out exactly what I owe and who to and work out a plan/budget to start paying off what I owe.
I also need/want to start exercising. I have been so lazy. Pure and simple. So fron tomorrow I will be incorporating at least half hour of exercise into my day. Nothing changes if nothing changes and if I stay in this rut is it highly provable that I will drink again and that jist cannot be an option anymore! To get results, acri9n isnrequired. Faith without works is dead! Lol.

Vipe I completely get you with the obsession. It's not technical stiff for me but if I see some clothes I like or shoes (specifically leather jackets/faux fur coats and boots) then the obsession hits me. I am not sure how to treat this other than to use the tools I used to stop drinking. If they worked on my biggest obsession then maybe just maybe they will work on this one too! Will let you know lol. Anyway, maybe your HP is looking out for you....It is probably not wise to take such an expensive camera to where you are going???

DAISY, I am glad that your washing machine was delivered and fitted sans problem! Mine worked out ok in the end. I was going to write a letter of complaint but couldn't be bothered in the end. Unortunately for me, I got unlucky with the ******** fitter. I will add him to my step 4 list hahahaha.

I had drinking thoughts over the weekend. They were just thoughts, not cravings or urges. And I knew why I was having them I just wanted to escape my own head. My own thoughts for a while. But alcohol is the problem not the solution any more. I am working on the solution now!

So to finish off here are a few things I am grateful for because I am NOT drinking today....

1. Being present and sober for Seren.
2. Tonight she squealed with delight when I said we would go to LEGOLAND next month. The look on her face was priceless! I wouldn't have had the full enjoyment of that if I was intoxicated! (P.s I took her to LEGOLAND when she was 2. She doesn't remember. I do it was hell I was hungover. )
3. Despite creating a mess of my finances and my gym shy body, being sober and in recovery gives me the ability to tackle these issues. To do something about them and resolve them not keep burying them under the carpet!
4. I am showered, teeth brushed, dishes washed up, in bed ready for a sober sleep!
5. I will be able to get up in the morning hangover free to get my daughtet ready for school, do a workout, go to my AA meeting, work with my sponsor and tackle my finances.

Thank you all for helping me stay sober today.

Hi Erratic and Nichole, hope you are both good!!!

see you all tomorrow. Night guys x x
Old 01-14-2019, 04:18 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Hi again Aprils, just doing my usual bedtime check in, I hope you've all had a good day. I'm tired tonight, in fact I've been tired all day, I took my g.son to karate this evening and I was sat watching him and just couldn't stop yawning, I don't know how I managed to keep awake, I ended up nipping to the ladies to splash my face with cold water. How bad is that lol, I'd have been so embarrassed if I nodded off.

Glad you've posted Erratic, sounds like you've not had a bad day. I hope your bloods are okay, I need to go and get mine done too but I keep putting it off. I'll try and fit it in next week. Take care. xx

Hi Suze, the church service you went to sounds lovely, it's good when they make an effort like that for the children.
Step 4 is a tricky one, I'm guessing that it's probably one of the most difficult steps to do but I also think that doing it will make a massive difference to your life. I'm looking forward to reading your posts and thoughts about it as you work through it.
You're going in the right direction acknowledging your debts, making a list of what you owe and who you owe it to is a good start.
Oh and I had a very short lived drinking urge yesterday, my husband went out for a meal and drinks with his brother and sister, they didn't manage to see each other over Christmas so they went to exchange gifts. When he came home he had been given a bottle of brandy, which he opened, sniffed and passed to me to smell!!!! Eeek, actually the smell nauseated me but at the same time I was salivating. He'd had a few drinks so wasn't thinking, I just put the top back on and told him to put it away. Just for a moment though.............
Have you not thought about using the gratitude threads, I do a morning one and a bedtime one, there are quite a few to pick from, weekend gratitude, daily gratitude etc, etc , the people on my threads are lovely and posting on them keeps me grounded.

Anyway, I'm off to bed now, goodnight you lot with much love from me. xxx
Old 01-15-2019, 03:53 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Good morning invisible Aprils, I hope you're all okay and not posting because you are busy.

See you later. Much love to you all

Thought of the day,,,,,"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them."
Old 01-15-2019, 05:42 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Afo all x

Never went to nurse, however did phone to see if get doc appointment due to later early morn when was up had very bad bout of acid which i was sick and tried again to use rennies, still wasnt working. Phones docs they didnt have any appointments today or tomo so asked them to ask doc to prescribe me omoprozole again so will maybe able to pick up later if not tomo. as in answering why i never went to nurse was to ill with it and was no point if i couldnt get an appointment at same time. Will see how things go if i have to i will try again and get appointment next week and then they can do bloods.

sry ur so tired daisy, is it u over doing things or is it anemia causing it x

I went back to bed again this morn even though i was in bed early last night. Now watching silent witness and vera, thought i would treat myself to some murder mystery x

hey there snitch, viper, nichole and everyone else i seemed to have missed x
Old 01-15-2019, 11:55 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Hey everyone,

Daisy, I don't think going to splash your face cos you nearly fell asleep is bad at all! You are doing so much and running around after everyone all the tine I would be surprised if you weren't at all tired! As for sniffing the booze, I have sniffed booze many times! Not really sure why? Sometimes I have liked it sometimes it has nauseated me. I think am gonna stop sniffing from now on lol.

Hey Erratic, i hope you are ok and good to hear you are having some chill out time to restore your batteries!

I have had a good day. Wow the power of Prayer and positivity thinking.! I have been to 2 meetings and met with my sponsor to continue step 4. So I have made a list of all people and places I have or ever had a resentment towards. Next step is to write the reason for the resentments next to their names. I have been doing that this evening (Seren is woth her dad tonight). I have a looooong list so it is going to take a while but some of them are so old i dont feel resentful about them anymore but my sponsor said to put them all down as it is more about looking at myself anyway rather than the other person.

Oops beeper gone off on oven will post more soon!
Old 01-15-2019, 12:47 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Sorry about that . Just had my dinner!!!

Am soooo tired been on the go all day but am feeling really good! Really positive and grateful and just happy I think? It's a new concept to me hahaha.

Gonna jump in the shower now and then watch an episode of The Innocent Man on netflix and then sleep! I will never, ever tire of sober sleep and waking hangover free. Ever!

Hope everyone else all ok x x
Old 01-15-2019, 01:21 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

I've just checked to see if Donny has been online and he hasn't been since the 5th of November. As a naturally negative alcoholic my mind has gone into overdrive over the what if's???? I just don't think it is like him, from what I have come to know over the last 9 months to not post or come online at all. I will keep him in my prayers tonight. I miss him and hope he is ok 😟😥
Old 01-15-2019, 03:17 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Hi again my Aprils, hope you've all had a good day. I've just had a lovely bath with some of my Christmas smelly's and I feel all relaxed and warm. I actually cleaned my car out this afternoon, not something I like doing but I have to take it for a service in the morning and it was rancid, full of leaves and mud. Then I took to a car hand wash place and had it washed and polished, it's all sparkly clean now and looks good. Won't last long though with my lot!

Sorry you've been suffering with acid reflux Erratic, it's a horrible thing and I get it a lot due to having a large hernia. Make sure you get an appointment, don't put up with it. Omoprozole should sort it. Feel better soon. x

Awe thanks Suze and it's good to 'hear' you sounding so positive. Oh my days, if I wrote a list of my resentments, old and new, I'd need a month and three miles of paper.
I've been looking for Donny too and I'm thinking that maybe he has rejoined under another name, I hope so and if not I hope he comes back. I know of quite a few people here who have returned under a different name, myself included so fingers crossed. xx

I'm off to bed now for a read. Goodnight , sleep well. xxxxxx
Old 01-16-2019, 06:03 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Good afternoon all, hope you're okay.
All good with me, I took my car in for a service this morning which I hated doing, takes me right out of my comfort zone having to do anything that involves cars, my limit is filling it with petrol and vacuuming it, any thing more than that should be my husband's job lol. I had a lovely cappuccino in Starbucks whilst I was waiting though then a walk round the shops, got some trainers for my g.son at a bargain price and some other bits and bobs.

I just checked my p.m's and Viper is off on his travels today, so if you read this Vipes have a safe journey, look after yourself and let us know when you get there.

I'll check in again later. Have a good 'top of the hill' day all of you.

Thought for the day..

"There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept responsibility for changing them."