Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 9

Old 01-01-2019, 08:48 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Acceptance

Acceptance is the answer to ALL of my problems today.

When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing or situation- some fact of my life- unacceptable to me, and I can find no serenity until I accept that person, place, thing, or situation as being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment.

Nothing, absolutely nothing, happens in God's world by mistake.

Until I could accept my alcoholism, I could not stay sober; unless I accept my life completely on life's terms, I cannot be happy. I need to concentrate not so much on what needs to be changed in the world as on what needs to be changed in me and in my attitudes.

Old 01-02-2019, 02:15 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Very powerful snitch !
Stay strong vipe !
I will get there one day ! I actually did far better working surrounded by booze everyday than winter at home day 2 I'm feeling this is it this is the time and I'm
Excited !!!!! Love you all xx
Old 01-02-2019, 03:47 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

late morning check in xx
Been watching tv with hub, we are watching dexter and then we watched the new luther. Got told what work i am doing this week, however will find out about the weekend sometime. So back to the old normal, thur and fri all day.

good to see u all x sry i havent got much to say today in one of my moods x
Old 01-02-2019, 06:38 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thought I’d drop by and tell y’all I wish y’all an amazing beautiful new year and may y’all be blessed this year!!!!!
Old 01-02-2019, 09:50 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi Erratic! How are you feeling now?

Good to hear from you Nichole 👍👍
Old 01-02-2019, 04:28 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi Aprils
It's bedtime and it's the first chance I've had to post today, I hope you're all well. I've had a really lovely day with the g.children and their other nan, my bestie. We went to a Safari Park for the day and had the best time ever, it was really good fun even though it was absolutely freezing cold. It was lovely to see the animals so close up, particularly the lions and giraffes. We also drove through the baboon enclosure and they were so naughty, one large one was sat on the bonnet of the car and pulled the indicator light off, just like that, and was waving it round like it was a prized possession, then he started pulling the wires out of the hole he'd created. All I can say is thank goodness it wasn't my car, lol.

Great to see you Viper, you must be counting the days now, not many to go. It's natural to be stressed about your trip, it's a life changing event, but it's all good, it will do you good, you will do it and you will do it well. You've planned it, researched it, spoken to people about it, you've got it sorted, you'll be fine. Just make sure you check in here when you can to update us.
And just to reiterate what Suze said, go and get your bloody cleaning done.

Thanks Suze, I had the best of days and yes my husband did have a hangover, lol, I have no sympathy for him, it was all self induced.
Thanks you for sharing that powerful post about acceptance, I needed to read that this evening.

You will get there Strawberry, just don't give up, just the fact that you are here tells me that you are serious about getting sober, make this your year. xx

Good to see you posting Erratic and don't worry about how little you say, we all have our 'off' times and even if you only say hello well that is fine, just make sure you post though and don't isolate yourself. x

Thank you Nichole and a happy new year to you too. It's lovely to see you here and I hope you post again very soon. Take care. xx

That's me done and dusted till tomorrow. Goodnight all with much love from me. xxx
Old 01-02-2019, 04:49 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi everyone - good to hear from you Erratic and Nichole - I really hope both of you can make 2019 your year for positive change

D
Old 01-02-2019, 11:10 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Happy January Aprils !

9 months today and so grateful! Daisy, I know you’re about there too. ����

I watched Lost In Translation tonight and when Scarlett Johansson and Bill Murray meet at the hotel bar this one time and she orders a vodka tonic and there was this feeling that came over me, it’s hard to describe but it was like being jealous of an old lover...

But I quickly reminded myself of the ‘after’ —- after the 5th drink, the day after, the awful, unrelenting sense of dread and despair knowing that I would never remember what happened the night before. Ugh I can feel that in my body right now. Alcohol is romanticized by society, in films, commercials etc. it’s so easy to feel a longing for it every now and again. I’ve come to understand that this is just a part of recovery, and each time I play that tape forward and make the decision not to drink, I’m saving my own life every single time...that’s pretty amazing if you think about it!!!

2019 - may it be the best ever for all of us!

Hugs xx

Bluesy
��
Old 01-03-2019, 01:16 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Bluesy

D
Old 01-03-2019, 03:58 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Good morning my lovely Aprils, how are you all?
All good here with me, It was back to school for the youngest two g.children this morning so it's back to Nan's taxi, I took them to school, picked my mum up and dropped her in town, then took my little cat to the vets for her vaccination. Now I'm just chilling for half an hour and posting/drinking coffee.

I agree Dee, that would be a pleasure to see. x

Morning Bluesey and a massive congrats on 9 months, you're doing amazingly well. Yes, I'm just a few short days behind you and long may it stay that way.
You're so right in what you say about alcohol being romantisced, it really is, it is all around us and it can be hard at times. But we have learnt the hard way that we can't stop at one, so no point even thinking about it. We have too much to live for and that's for sure.

See you all later, I'm off to rejoin my slimming world group, It's high time I gave myself a kick right up where the sun don't shine and stop eating cr*p and looking after myself.

Much love to you all. xxx

Thought for the day.....

The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.
Old 01-03-2019, 07:41 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hi all.

Congrats on 9 momths Blusey!

Am at work. Off to Vancouver today. Just a quick little trip , back saturday afternoon. Am so shattered, emotionally and physically, am going to really rest when I get there. Will post more when I arrive.

xx
Old 01-03-2019, 04:11 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Quick bedtime post.

Enjoy your trip Suze. I hope you're okay and manage to get some rest, sounds like you need it. Take good care of yourself. xxxx

Goodnight Aprils, sleep well. xxxx
Old 01-04-2019, 04:07 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

CALLING ALL APRILS, CALLING ALL APRILS.......where the heck are you? Is it something I said? Seriously, I hope you're all okay.

I'm just dashing off out to pick my eldest g.son up from his friends and then he, my mum and myself are off to Toby carvery for lunch. He isn't back in school until Monday so we're having a Friday treat.

Have a good Friday you lot and I hope to see more of you later. Lots of love to you. xx

Thought for the day......

"The beautiful things about setbacks is they introduce us to our strengths."
Old 01-04-2019, 07:37 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Have a wonderful time today Daisy !! 🦋🙏🏼😘
Old 01-04-2019, 04:21 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Administrator

busy

D
Old 01-04-2019, 04:27 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Hey all...

Daisy I hope you have had a nice day today. I love Toby Carvery yum!

Blusey, I think it is normal for us to get thoughts like you did when watching that film but I have learnt now it is what I do with those thoughts that matter.

I have been soooo lazy. It is rainy and dark here in Vancouver and I have spent my time sleeping and chilling. Watching Ozark on Netflix. It is gripping but pretty brutal! I just needed a rest after Christmas. It took a lot out of me. I think a lot of it was emotional because of being in early recovery and putting myself in situations that only now I realise were too testing and challenging for me! I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders and I can breathe and relax.. I am also realising just how much I was dicing with my sobriety!! It's ok though, I got through it and I have learnt some very valuable lessons. 1.My sobriety comes FIRST. No matter what. 2. Pubs and bars hold nothing for me. I do not want to drink alcohol anymore. It is a freeing and liberating feeling. But I can never forget I am alcoholic and that for me I need to work on my recovery on a daily basis. I am ok with that! I never EVER want to go back to where I was 8 months ago.

I have 2 weeks off when I get home. Looking forward to taking it easy, spending quality time with my daughter and making a start getting fit and healthy for 2019!

love to all x x
Old 01-04-2019, 04:48 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Checking in quickly before I go to bed. Hope you've all had a good day.

I had a good day thank you Bluesey, hope you're okay.

Busy indeed Dee.

Thanks Suze, lunch at Toby carvery was delicious, we all enjoyed it.
I'm glad you've managed to get some rest, I think you needed it. I think Christmas was a challenging time for all of us, we're still quite fragile and we're still in the early days of sobriety really, I'm glad it's over and I can back into a routine. You're so right, your sobriety must come first, it's a work in progress, that's how I think of mine anyway.
Bet you can't wait for those two weeks off, do something special with your daughter. xxx

Erratic, where are you, come and check in. You too Kelley, we're missing you both.

I'm off to bed now, good night,sleep well. xx
Old 01-05-2019, 12:37 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Good morning Aprils, happy Saturday.

Catch up again later. xx

Thought for the day.....

"Life is inherently risky. There is only one big risk you should avoid at all costs, and that is the risk of doing nothing."
Old 01-05-2019, 06:29 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hello my April family! I have missed you all so much and my sincere apologies for being away for so many days in a row! I have been sober 266 days and I'm just 10 days away from 9 months. Congrats to Bluesy and Daisy for your big milestone!
My life this past week has been emotionally crazy. First, my manager has left our company with an abrupt and unexpected notice that he gave last Friday and his last day was yesterday! Talk about a whirlwind of a week! I've explained to you all my issues with him over the last few months and honestly I was really feeling like he abandoned me and left me quite the mess! My initial feelings were confusion, sadness, anger, hope....I was a mixed bag and seriously had to be one of the longest weeks of my life. I had to process though so much "stinkin thinkin" and figure out how to accept this. Snitch - your post about accepting life on life's terms was spot on!! I have the tendency to take people actions personally...but I'm learning that nothing others do is because of me. So the ending to this story is that I grew up a little bit emotionally and yes it was a long, exhausting week, but I took all of that, learned from it and have grown.

The other thing that happened this week is my sweet and darling granddaughter has RSV She has been so, so sick. I haven't slept well as I've been so sick with worry about her. Yesterday my daughter asked if I could watch her last night and that she was doing better. Well, she may have been better but she is still VERY sick. Poor baby, it just broke my heart. I spent 6 hours last night just holding, rocking and singing to the sweet pea trying to help her find some comfort. In the middle of the night my daughter called me that Thalo wouldn't stop crying and I could tell my daughter was frustrated. I told her I know it's hard but you are all she has and she is very sick and that she needs to surrender to any notion that she is entitled to sleep or whatever. I told her to give Thalo a warm bath (I actually already told her to do this when she picked her up!), suck all the guck out of her nose, and give her a bottle. Basically do whatever to provide the most comfort possible for the baby so she can sleep!
Then I laid awake with worry for both my daughter and grand daughter. About an hour later my daughter texted me that the bath and all I suggested worked and all was well. Finally, I fell asleep!
Oh and I am fighting with my presriptions mail order service and have been without my thyroid meds for 6 weeks now!!

ok, I apologize for the lengthy post. I just wanted you all to know the he!! my week has been. Last weekend I began working on a Vision board for 2019. I am so ready to begin working on myself and other areas that need reconstruction! In 2018 I got sober and now I want to work on other things and leverage this new clarity and hope that sobriety has brought me. Now if life could just give me a break maybe I can get my Vision board done and get back to focusing on me!
I know our group has dwindled down to just a few and we are small but we are mighty! I'm really looking forward to seeing us hit our 1 year milestones in 2019! And to those of us that are still trying to figure it out, I look forward to witnessing you get your footing and continue this journey with us for a really long time. Think about it in 5 years what will a few months really mean??
Much love and good vibes for a great new year to you all!!
Old 01-05-2019, 08:08 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

arrghh sry was working the 2 long shifts past 2 days and also trying to help new lady get through her first shift this afo and closing. yup me i never can say no in helping people out, just hoping she will come back tomo as she is supposed to do the afo and i am not doing an all day and evening tomo!

congrats bluesy on your time x

sry again just leaving a quick post, defo hoping to catch up tomo but defo mon i am off x