Last part here :

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-1-a-20.html

D
Old 12-25-2018, 10:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Lightbulb

Just another little bit of housekeeping

We'll move this thread at the end of the month so that the new monthly thread (January 2019) can take its place here in Newcomers forum.

This thread stays intact, but moves to the Daily Support forum.

Some members, especially those struggling, may prefer to move to January's thread, but there's no rule about that at all - stay here, move, or post in both - it's really up to you

I wanted to let everyone know you're all very welcome to keep posting in this thread.

It will keep going

Dee
SR
Old 12-25-2018, 11:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Head between the tail
. Day 1 . Not feeling too terible . Just dizzy . Busy day planned it's a beutiful sunny day so a lot of fresh air today for me .
Group hug x
Old 12-26-2018, 01:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

Aww strawberry today’s a new fresh day. You can stay sober today and enjoy the fresh air. Keep strong when we fall we get up again. Day 4 today intend to stay sober no matter what. Regards to all and well done
Old 12-26-2018, 02:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good morning class. Day 5 and getting ready to go back to work. It did occur to me that I kinda just jumped in here with both feet right before Christmas. I was in crisis mode and already knew some that were already here. To the others that I haven't seen before, Hello This can be it for all of us!
Old 12-26-2018, 04:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Morning Eve and Bob !!!! I'm feeling ok now and lots of fresh air ! I'm laying basket with the kids outside . Might go for a little nap soon ! Then board games with the kids tonight !! AV is on high alert !
Old 12-26-2018, 04:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good morning. Congrats to everyone for having a so er Xmass. 5 more days to new year. Would love to get into 2019 Sober. Will be a great confidence booster.
Old 12-26-2018, 06:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi friends. Hope everyone that celebrates had a nice Christmas. Looking forward to starting the new year sober. I plan to have sparkling apple cider Monday evening. What are your plans?

Old 12-26-2018, 07:09 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good morning class.
Back to day 3, feeling pretty good. My kids are all still in a Christmas coma (sleeping in). Its nice to have the house full and feel it, but still have some quiet in the morning. I didn't sleep very well last night. Glad to know that should improve soon. I still have anxiety about drinking Sunday night. I'll have to call and apologize to my Father at some point.

Tonight we are supposed to go to dinner to meet our daughter's boyfriend's parents. It sounded ok a week ago. Now I'm feeling pretty uncomfortable about it. I'm glad that drinking at restaurants isn't my thing. I do need to be very careful about afterwards though. I am thinking of plans now, either attend a meeting, craft while watching a movie or taking a bath. Or a combination. The sooner the evening is over the better!

Strawberry, I'm glad to hear you aren't feeling too bad today. Tomorrow will feel even better.

It's good to hear from you Eve, H379 and Bobdrop.

Dee, thanks for the new thread! And all of the support you give us all!

Hootowlhoot, it's good to see you. Sparkling cider for NYE sounds great! I actually saw some sparkling pineapple something or other while shopping last week. I'm going to see if I can find it in the next few days. My in-laws mentioned us maybe coming to their house for the evening, no booze household so I am fine with that. Or we will just stay home and play board games and eat way too much.

I'm going to remember to post if I feel the urge to drink today. I hope you all do the same! Have a wonderful sober day all!!
Old 12-26-2018, 08:03 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey everyone! I am back after slipping, and I'm on Day 5. Thanks for being here
Old 12-26-2018, 08:13 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Great job of getting right back to it BlueWellies.
Old 12-26-2018, 08:34 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Good morning. I choose to drink again Christmas Eve. Thankfully I came to my senses and stopped early and drank a bunch of water. I counted 5 bottles. I had a hard time falling asleep because I was detoxing from all the food and booze I put in my body. I didn’t have a hangover but I was tired and didn’t feel like doing much of anything yesterday. I’m checking in for accountability on day 2. I will not drink with you today. One day at a time. Not going to worry about tomorrow or New Years. Going to make a commitment to just not drink today.
Old 12-26-2018, 09:35 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thank GOD Christmas is OVER! I am on 18 days sober! My family sucks. My DRUNK brother and DRUNK nephew got in a fight on Christmas Morning technically at 3am. Brother stabbed nephew in head and nephew beat his face in and broke 3 ribs. Brother went to jail so my birthday present was to bail him out. He is now facing a felony assault with a deadly weapon charge probably will do some time. I ******HATE the holidays. I managed to stay sober. BTW yesterday was my birthday and it was the WORSE one yet!

Thanks and yes I'm a ANGRY ELF!

Last edited by Dee74; 12-26-2018 at 01:13 PM.
Old 12-26-2018, 10:24 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

Hi all joy that’s awful it’s the chaos of alcohol. Must hard for you. My sister has come over today and I popped to the shop to get some groceries and was looking at the bottles wishing me and her could have a drink together my head said ‘like normal folk’ however my sister has not done that with me for years and didn’t know my struggles. How come on day 4 just when I’m finally feeling better I get major AV. Still have it now? ??? Will this ever end
Old 12-26-2018, 11:11 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Oh my, Joy! I am so sorry everything went down like that! I am so glad you didn't drink.

Eve it will get better. Just keep building up those sober muscles. The cravings become less and less and your AV will go hide in a corner!
Old 12-26-2018, 12:38 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Wow Joy. That whole scene must have been terrible. I know what you said about the holidays, but I don't think the holidays were the reason, just provided the opportunity. I hope that one day you can enjoy the holidays.

Citrus-Glad you are feeling better. Strawberry too. Eve-Hang in there and power through.

Hi Meshelly.

Hi BlueWellies. We are on the same day.

Hi Hootowlhoot. I was probably going to have sparkling water, but I think apple cider sounds alot better.

H379-I'm with you on rolling right into 2019 sober. Last year I started the new year with 100 days. Ready to have a running start at it this time.
Old 12-26-2018, 01:04 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hello all. Hows everyone doing?

Im experiencing the post holiday blues. It happens to me every year. I guess the big build up to the holiday, all the hustle and bustle, then its over in a day. Just trying not to dwell on it today. Anybody else experience this too?

We are having fairly nice weather here today. I should go take my Christmas decorations outside down, but Im not feeling it.

Hoping to spend some time with my gkids over their holiday. So, have something to look forward to. No New Years Eve plans. We always stay in on New Years. My only plan is to stay sober.
Old 12-26-2018, 01:06 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Sorry about your holiday joy, but wishing you a happy birthday! Hope things look up soon.
Old 12-26-2018, 01:10 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Glad you came right back meshelly.
Old 12-26-2018, 01:11 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BlueWellies View Post
Hey everyone! I am back after slipping, and I'm on Day 5. Thanks for being here
Glad you are back too Blue.