Notices

Class of December 2018 Part 2

Old 12-28-2018, 02:57 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Here. Letting my brain heal. It's going to take sometime. Thank you all for being here and sharing.
Old 12-28-2018, 03:55 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Day 18 almost over. Stay strong Everyone. It's nightime here. Hope you all get a
good rest.
Old 12-28-2018, 04:08 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Good choice, joy, you're making the right decision.
Old 12-28-2018, 04:11 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joy57 View Post
Thank GOD Christmas is OVER! I am on 18 days sober! My family sucks. My DRUNK brother and DRUNK nephew got in a fight on Christmas Morning technically at 3am. Brother stabbed nephew in head and nephew beat his face in and broke 3 ribs. Brother went to jail so my birthday present was to bail him out. He is now facing a felony assault with a deadly weapon charge probably will do some time. I ******HATE the holidays. I managed to stay sober. BTW yesterday was my birthday and it was the WORSE one yet!

Thanks and yes I'm a ANGRY ELF!
It's like they're giving a clinic on Why Alcohol Sucks. There's virtually nothing good about their situation, and it's extra-sh!tty that their dysfunction now affects your life. You know my vote: pull up the ladder to the tree house and tell them both to eff off.
Old 12-28-2018, 07:17 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Beav

AV means addictive voice - that voice in your head that rationalises drinking again will be a good thing to do.....
Old 12-28-2018, 11:21 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

7:18am here in England, pitch black and raining - ROLL ON SPRING!

Sweetichik Thanks for your reply, helps to know I'm not it's not just me and that I'm not loosing my mind! and yep, I agree the lack of sleep is definitely a huge part of it.

Joy You've done the right thing! Be proud of that! Heading to the coast with your dogs sounds bliss

Citrus Thinking of you! Hang on in there, you can do this! Just keep coming on here and vent vent vent as much as you need to - we're here for you and it'll soon pass over and things can then settle back down.

Welcome to all the newbies on here

Well I'm finally starting to sleep more so I'm feeling better in myself. Last night I must of fallen asleep around 10pm and woke at 5:35am so around 7 hours. I'm so pleased, a few more nights like that and I should be really feeling the difference.

No set plans today, I'm going to push myself and walk to the temple though, do the free 15 min meditation then walk back. In the back of my mind I'm already wriggling out of this plan but I'm going to push myself to go! Other than that it's putting a few items on the facebook sell and seek pages, just some bits after clearing things out and will bring a few extra pounds in if they sell, some housework and maybe pop to my friends for a cuppa later on.

What's everyone else planning this weekend?
Hope you all have a nice Saturday when your time zone surfaces...

That's all from me and my pooch who's snuggled in to me as I'm doing this, can hardly move my hands on the keyboard, his heads nodding up and down as I am He's a clingy little pooch!

I'll check in again later.

K x
Old 12-28-2018, 11:28 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

Morning all I’m a week sober today feeling better I am not going back!! Joy that’s a good plan you won’t regret that. Citrus hang on in there the emotions will calm down welcome to everybody on this journey.
Old 12-28-2018, 11:47 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Administrator

good for you Eve

D
Old 12-29-2018, 01:08 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Day 27 check-in.

Came through yesterdays junk quite easily, eventually. Happy to be sober alive.

Keep going class.
Old 12-29-2018, 02:32 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Woke up today and felt a bit strange like something was missing. Then I realised what it was, my anxiety! Well it’s still there but more distant. I feel calmer.

Take care everyone
Old 12-29-2018, 03:03 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Morning all and a happy Saturday. Day 8 here. After effects still lingering a bit along with a cold, but looking forward to each day being better than the one before. Gators play Michigan at noon, so that will pretty much dominate the day. Not going anywhere to watch and nobody coming over. Will be great! Well, if we win

Hi Awake, Mayaray, outonthetiles, and Beav! Congrats on a week eve! Getting close to a month CSC, Good for You! Hi 5upersonic!

Hope everyone has a great weekend
Old 12-29-2018, 03:39 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

It was a tough day yesterday. Had crazy cravings and urges after having a conversation with my spouse (soon to be ex). For over 4 hours on and off fought my AV and finally won over it. So happy I went to bed sober.

Kido's will be with me for next few days. These will be fun days and of course sober. It's going to raining all these days need to find some indoor activities. Planned a movie day, a day at the museum, need more activities outside. Can't be inside home all the time they are with me.

Thank you all again for your support.
Old 12-29-2018, 07:33 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

21 days... even though it was just 1 slip out of almost 3 months. But I needed to restart the clock. The DARK BLACK cloud of this tragic Christmas is parting and I can see a glimmer of blue skies ahead. Meditation is really helping to keep me grounded. I have ZERO urges. Thankfully!! Love to all
Old 12-29-2018, 07:34 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
It's like they're giving a clinic on Why Alcohol Sucks. There's virtually nothing good about their situation, and it's extra-sh!tty that their dysfunction now affects your life. You know my vote: pull up the ladder to the tree house and tell them both to eff off.
I LOVE IT!! Yes no entry in my tree house ******

Last edited by Dee74; 12-29-2018 at 04:12 PM.
Old 12-29-2018, 08:31 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, hope we all have a happy, sober Saturday!
Old 12-29-2018, 08:35 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

Hi all feeling fed up today. Really busy and stressed out with family chores etc. Think having a drink for me at times felt like reward time or just plan time out of the constant responsibilities. Not moaning but just feel snappy angry and just plain fed up and tired also wanting some me time.
Old 12-29-2018, 11:57 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Hi all......great to reconnect here on SR and join you here in the December class. So helpful reading your.posts and love the support you give ine another. Was good to wake up this am with 2 days sober.....keeping it simple here and getting started back on anxiety meds along with naltrexone.
I just quit taking everything a few weeks ago as I was drowning myself in alcohol. Anyway, I know it will take some time for meds to help. Took dog for.a walk and maybe a longer one when it warms up this afternoon.
Have a good day/evening all!
Old 12-30-2018, 05:43 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Best part of the year is almost here, to forget the past and start fresh. My new year resolution is to stop my indulgences of sweet stuff to stay away from alcohol.

Had fun with the boys, went for a walk. They are helping me set up my new apartment, so went shopping. Watched a moviewith them, was so tired, went to bed at 8 while the kids watched another movie. Slept for 12 hours, wow. Some more shopping today and a movie with them.

Best of luck to all.
Old 12-30-2018, 09:46 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Mr

Hello to everyone.
I would like to join the class.
I have been around SR for a while but I'm still struggling with permanent sobriety.
My name is Vinny, 42 yo.
Sober since Dec. 2nd.
See you soon.
V.
Old 12-30-2018, 10:12 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Evening all from England,

Welcome Vinny

Well my day started awful! I woke at 3am and the extreme itching was there again on my upper arms, I'm sure it's connected to this raised blood platelet I have since leaving hospital, Couldn't get back to sleep so I got up. Phoning the docs tomorrow in the hope of a same day app, I'm too anxious about all these odd symptoms I have. Anyway my mood was so low then that turned into extreme anxiety and a full blown panic attack so not a great start...

After this I managed to nod off and have a nap on the couch, then I got up and headed over to my parents with my BF and dog for a buffet there. It turned into a lovely day, real nice quality time with my family, walk with the dogs...

It's now 6:10pm and we're back home. Me, my bf and pooch are on the couches, TV on, fire on, all warm and cosy

Not much else to report really... Tomorrow morn one of my closest friends is coming for us along with her son and the 4 of us are heading up to Coniston Lake, walk round the lake and a hot chocolate in the cafe there, lovely way to spend the last day of the year. Quiet night in planned tomorrow, films, TV, games, food etc...

New Years Day morn we're doing a nice scenic walk and then I'll do a new years day dinner at home.

Hope everyone is doing ok! Thinking of you all.

K x