Notices

Class of December 2018 Part 2

Old 12-28-2018, 02:29 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Had a pathetic yesterday with personal emotional stuff making my eyes tear up many a times all morning. But as expected work was easy and the team went to a restaurant for lunch. Beer was flowing. It was easy for me to say; No thanks don't want to drink. Was questioned by few, all I said, I have not been drinking for past few days and I am enjoying it, I want to continue with this good feeling. I am so proud, I didn't let emotions hurting me all day get better of me yesterday. Thanks you all for all the encouragement I get here. Thanks again.
Old 12-28-2018, 02:30 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Day 7 here. Hi Mariah.
Hi Quit-Missed you. Ready to hit the New Year with you.
Good going Citrus. Congrats on day 6 Eve.
Joy-There is no way in hell I wouldn't cancel that.

Kinda short on stuff to talk about this morning. Looking forward to the weekend and watching football
Old 12-28-2018, 02:32 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Hi H379 and Sunflower.
Old 12-28-2018, 04:13 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Good morning

Sunflower, I am sorry I missed your post. Silly me. I am super glad that this is you and you are still with us! And way to go on 35 days!

I said in another post somewhere that my brain is still a bit sluggish. Hoping that changes soon.
Day 5. I slept so well, a little over 6 hours and I feel completely renewed. I've been up for a while now, I just love some time to myself before my house wakes. It's strange to think when I drink I see the time as my time. But these quiet morning hours are so much better than drunken late night stupors.

Bobdrop, congrats on 1 week! Hoping your work week is going well.

H379, I'm glad your meeting went well. Great job passing up the booze. I am sure you feel better today than those who where drinking.

Joy, I'm thinking of you today. I hope you have a peaceful day. You deserve it.

Quit, I hope today is a better day for you. You can do this. Post often and stick close to SR.

I hope everyone has a great sober day.
Old 12-28-2018, 07:17 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Check-in for day 26.

Emotional like hell, craving as f*. But I'll make it.

Good luck to the rest of the crew.
Old 12-28-2018, 07:19 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Great job on 26 days CSC! I hope your emotions and cravings calm down soon.
Old 12-28-2018, 07:22 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Day 2. Hope emerges again. I have a lot to get caught up, but I’m not going to stress
About it. Going to take a few days to take care of myself and let the healing begin....again.

Thank you all. I look forward to being more active here once I get my head cleared.
Old 12-28-2018, 07:49 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

Right on cue having Friday night cravings but I will let them pass I hope.
Old 12-28-2018, 08:25 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

You can do this Eve! Stay strong.
Old 12-28-2018, 09:16 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Well I made it visiting my bf's family. I wasn't really myself, a lot quieter and a bit anxious and on edge but it was ok.
I want to learn to push myself when I feel that way and accept that it is ok to be a little quiet or nervous at times, it's all new to me right now because in the past I'd of been either having a good day and feeling ok or if I was having an off day and felt anxious or edgy I'd of knocked a few drinks back before going.

I feel good that I pushed and went, it'll be the same on the 15th Jan when my 1st Yoga class starts. I can not wait to start yoga but I'm also dreading it, my anxiety in groups like that at the moment is really very high so it'll be a huge challenge for me but I'm doing it no matter what!

My bf and my dog are both on the other couch fast asleep! haha. I'm just browsing online and drinking chamomile tea. I'm out of my new addiction, goats cheese so I may have to pop across to the shop shortly. I can't stop eating the stuff!!! It's a running joke here about how much cheese I'm getting through, being called the house mouse and it's being suggested we need hens and goats as it's eggs every morn and goats cheese every night!
I guess cheese and eggs are better than drink!!!

No plans tonight, just stay in and relax. I'm going to go to the temple tomorrow for the free meditation, good brisk walk there, meditation for 15mins then a brisk walk back.

H379 Hope today's a better day for you and glad to hear you stayed strong yesterday and didn't let yourself slip. I had a rotten day yesterday too. Today is much better, hope it is for you too!

Citrus and I can really relate to your post about the mornings, it is my favorite time! I'm most calm and relaxed early morn. That quiet still time to myself, can't beat it now

Chopstick Congrats on 26 days and glad you're still here with us!

Quit Glad you're here and I see you in both groups like me which is good! ... Focus on your healing and try to enjoy it. "Going to take a few days to take care of myself and let the healing begin" sounds good!

Eve Good that you;re posting here with us when you're craving! Hope they pass soon and give you some ease. Stay strong

Thinking of everyone here and thank you all for being here, listening /reading.

Much Love.

K x
Old 12-28-2018, 09:19 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Thank you for the welcome Pretty worried about my current situation but know that putting sobriety as my number one priority, every thing will work its self out. So, so tired of being trapped in my addiction. Keeping it simple here today....going to take down Christmas decor and do some cleaning.
Have a good day all........have been reading the thread here and finding inspiration and courage from you all!
Old 12-28-2018, 09:30 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Good to have you here Mariah Here anytime you need to chat, I'm finding this site a real lifeline too
I keep pottering around doing bits here and there in the house. Keeping busy is good, stay strong and with us on here.

x
Old 12-28-2018, 12:11 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

checking in
Old 12-28-2018, 12:30 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

Glad your settled with your tea. Sounds like you got through a trigger. Mariah keep at it things will get better and hi supersonic. My craving has subsided for tonight won’t be leaving house now. Bit worried about tomorrow night as I usually give in a week or two weeks along and I don’t want to do that again. Can’t wait for the cravings to lessen
Old 12-28-2018, 12:52 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflower84 View Post
Falling apart!!!!!

I can't cope with these mood swings, I can't cope!!!! I was fine this morning, a few hours ago my mood just flipped upside down, luckily my friends re arranged which is good as no way I could face them like this...

I've just broken down, got feelings of anger, like rage bubbling through every cell and vein in my body, all tense and full of anger, Im not an aggressive person.... Have any of you felt anger, rage etc after stopping drinking??? I'm struggling like hell with this!!!!!!!

For a few hours now I've been sat in floods of tears, feel like the life has been kicked out of me, feel hopeless and so so low. I can't understand it, I've never been like this when I've stopped before.

The anger worries me, get shaky and bubble over to the point I threw my cup at the wall which smashed and soaked me with tea. Really embarrassed sharing all this but I felt maybe my only hope is getting it out and venting to you guys on here. I'm doing good a lot of the time but these episodes of overwhelming emotions keep coming and it's really tough.

If anyone can relate at all please share with me...

Sorry such a negative post and thanks for listening (reading)!!!!!

x
I can relate. Feeling enraged that the price of bread went up fifty cents at the shop. I am avoiding major shopping centres with bottle shops. At least I can make pasta. If I didn't live alone I would probably be yelling at some one right ñow. Feeling so angry.
Old 12-28-2018, 01:11 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

I think we are or some of us are just sleep deprived. Plus it's meant to be a emotional roller coaster ride in the beginning. We are doing it tough getting through the holiday. I for one àm on day 3 and got less than 2 hours sleep. I did an Aa online meeting at 3am. It was good. I feel like I can barely move today though.
Old 12-28-2018, 01:33 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

THE TRIANGLE'S "OFFICIAL" 2019 New Year's Eve Party I just CANCELLED on our friends. I lose $600.

Sucks! Hopefully my friends will use the hotel room and I can sell our tickets for $300.

I am not in the mood to celebrate. I am not in the mood to be around drinking. Thinking of driving to the coast for New Years Eve and take our dogs and watch the waves come in instead!
Old 12-28-2018, 01:53 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Good on you! Those big booze fuelled NYE parties are hellish.
Old 12-28-2018, 02:09 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joy57 View Post
Thinking of driving to the coast for New Years Eve and take our dogs and watch the waves come in instead!
This sounds like a great time to me.
Old 12-28-2018, 02:48 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

My witching hour has definitely struck. Everyone is bugging the heck outta me. My almost adult daughter and I have been at it all day. We just cannot communicate properly and it is really wearing on me. Would drinking make it better. No!
Hubby is about to leave for a boys weekend with a friend he only gets to see once every year or two. Taking my car, the TV in our room and the kids PS4 so they can get drunk and game all weekend. Ugh.
I am trying to be strong but it's not easy at the moment.

I've had a little nap (interrupted by daughter) and a snack. So I'm not hungry or tired. Definitely not lonely. So angry fits from HALT. There just isn't much I can do about that than just try to be like "oh well" thr weekend isn't going to be easy.

Sorry for the poor citrus rant. But I had to get it out.