Notices

Class of December 2018 Part 2

Old 12-27-2018, 09:44 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Wow I just had a close call. I went to pick my son up from bball practice and on the way AV started in. "Just go buy some beer now so you won't have to drive all the way back later"... I fought it, but just barely. I'm glad I had coffee in a travel mug with me.

I feel like it could be a bit of a tricky day. I so badly want to get to day 5.
Old 12-27-2018, 10:35 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

I can relate to the unmanageable emotions up and down and yes defo anger. But I believe from past ecmzperience it calmed down with more time. Hope you get relief soon
Old 12-27-2018, 12:10 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

I can relate to the unmanageable emotions up and down and yes defo anger. But I believe from past ecmzperience it calmed down with more time. Hope you get relief soon
Old 12-27-2018, 12:12 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

Hang on in there citrus play the tape forwards
Old 12-27-2018, 12:25 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Thanks Eve. That's what I was doing in the car, both sides of the tape. Because as much as I don't want to deal with what I could do drunk I also very much want to wake up and have a good morning tomorrow.

I just got a good hour and a half nap in. I think I'm on the downhill side of the cravings now.
Old 12-27-2018, 12:58 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

Brill nothing’s worse than the hell of the day after. Have a lovely day tomorrow instead
Old 12-27-2018, 01:14 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I’m here. Just trying to get through day 1 again. Feel
pretty lousy. This is it though. I’m not going to drink away the end of this year. Going to get through this day and look forward to a sober 2019. I feel as unhealthy as ever. No more, said the woman for the 100th time.
Old 12-27-2018, 01:53 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

Quit you don’t have to feel this again. It will get better sorry you feel so bad I know how awful it is. Never give up trying
Old 12-27-2018, 01:58 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hang in there Quitnow! I'm glad to see you right back here. You can do this. Post a ton and lean on us.
Old 12-27-2018, 03:58 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

My kids are out of the house for the evening. So my hubby went and pulled out some beer that he had stashed. Darn it. I don't even really want it, but I sure do want to pout about not having any. How silly is that?
Old 12-27-2018, 04:11 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I have nothing positive to say except I'm still sober I made I through the worse Christmas sobee. Now thinking of cancelling new year's Eve. Have a hotel room with open bar party DJs and drunk people. What should I do no refunds. I'm not worried about drinking I just don't want to be around dumb ass drunks since I'm not one anymore.
Old 12-27-2018, 04:18 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I'd cancel Joy. It would be worth it to me to loose the money than be around all of that. Ring in the New Year peacefully somewhere you feel comfortable.
Just my 2 cents.
Old 12-27-2018, 04:22 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joy57 View Post
I have nothing positive to say except I'm still sober I made I through the worse Christmas sobee. Now thinking of cancelling new year's Eve. Have a hotel room with open bar party DJs and drunk people. What should I do no refunds. I'm not worried about drinking I just don't want to be around dumb ass drunks since I'm not one anymore.
isnt it crazy how annoyed you get at drunk people when you are one of the only ones sober? And it’s not in a jealousy way (at least not for me) it’s more of a my god you’re obnoxious and I can’t believe I have been like this

how much money will you lose? I’d rather call it a loss and cancel and spend the night at home
Old 12-27-2018, 04:47 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

I cleaned the kitchen and had a huge mug of herbal tea. I am no longer feeling sad that hubby is having beer without me, thank goodness.
Old 12-27-2018, 05:31 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Hi.......I'm going to join you all here. I have a feeling the upcoming January class will be a busy one so Im jumping in here in Day 1. Ive not been here on SR for awhile other than to read posts once in awhile. I've been struggling for awhile and just so want this next year to be a year of recovery for me. I had an appointment with an addiction councilor today that I worked with briefly this summer and I like her a lot, so feeling hopeful about that. Ill also be joining a small group once a week (alcoholics only but not 12-step)
Feeling hopeful and glad to have taken some action today. I will be reading here and get to know you all a bit
Old 12-27-2018, 05:35 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Welcome Mariah!
Old 12-27-2018, 06:37 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Mariah

I can't tell you what to do Joy but that NYE plan sounds like hell to me. How much is your peace of mind worth?

D
Old 12-27-2018, 08:08 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Day 4 done and dusted. Goodnight class!

Ps.
Kit where are you? You are missed!
Old 12-28-2018, 12:34 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

Day 6 here I come. Joy I would cancel not risk it. Welcome Mariah and go citrus. A week ago tonight I drank a whole bottle of Bacardi it makes me sick to think I did that there was no off button. It’s been 5 days of anxiety depression and fear. I do not want to go through that ever ever ever again it’s crazy behaviour wishing you all a sober day
Old 12-28-2018, 12:52 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Citrus This is Kit, I posted a few days ago explaining I changed my user name, It was reminding me of the awful place I was mentally in 2017 with the name being Kit2017 so I changed it You must of missed the posts but yep I'm still here! Not going anywhere, this site is holding me together. Glad you got past your cravings and stayed strong

Quit Stick with us! Stay close! You can do this!

Joy I would definitely cancel. You can't put a price on peace of mind and your own happiness and tranquility. Be somewhere or do something that makes you feel at ease.

Welcome Mariah

Day 35 for me... I went up to bed at 8:30pm last night.
Not sure what time I nodded off but my body and mind (crazy mind yesterday) must of needed a good rest, I woke once around 3ish and was back asleep soon after and only just got up at 6:30am.

I'm still in my pjs now (8:50am) sat with a coffee at the dining table. Me and my BF are meant to be visiting his family around lunchtime. I'm seeing how I feel, If I got how I was yesterday I'd have to swerve it but I'm hoping I'll be ok. Going to have a walk this morning to try and keep my head calm and clear.
I tried to get a very small loan yesterday and it was declined, that kind of triggered my meltdown I think, money is so tight now so we're having to really cut back until he starts a new job and gets paid or when I'm earning again which will be this next month. I can't wait, really looking forward to getting my teeth back into work and feeling busy again and earning again. Can't come soon enough!

My BF found another job going yesterday in a bar / restaurant locally so he is going in to see the boss there later today so fingers crossed! I'm lucky with my work as I work from home self employed and its all business development, sales, digital marketing etc... It's not my passion but it's what I know and how I can make a living for now... Off the subject and dreaming of the future I would love to run a small deli or something like that. Food and nutrition is my real passion so maybe one day ...

Not much else to report really, no plans apart from visiting bf's family if I feel up to it. Check in again later.

K xxx