Notices

Class of December 2018 Part 2

Old 12-26-2018, 01:14 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for the violence that overshadowed your Christmas and birthday Joy.

D
Old 12-26-2018, 06:48 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I have made it through. So relieved. We ended up having a very nice dinner. I only thought for 2 seconds about buying something at the grocery store on the way home. I immediately dismissed the idea. Even told myself I could get ice cream or candy I instead, but I wasn't even tempted by the candy aisle. Yay! Day 4 here I come.

How is everyone else doing this evening/day been?
Old 12-26-2018, 09:19 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Morning all day 2 . Someone brough round homemade bailys last night ... I resisted ! I'm not sure how but I did .
Min going to a supermarket called lidl at 7.30 this morning ( think you have them in uk too) they do weeky specials and today its bluebooth bathroom scales so I'm going to snap some up early and start my weight loss program again after this week of over indulging . This year I dropped 12 kilos from not drinking . And 4 to go. !
Have a good day all xx
Old 12-27-2018, 12:57 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

Hi all I woke up sober today. Thankful and feeling positive. Welcome bk blue stubs and glad you resisted the bailies strawberry welldone. Citrus I’m glad your feeling a bit better. The craving yesterday was bad I was acctually looking at bottles and having euphoric recall about how nice it would be and how good I would feel. What a lie!!!! Thabks everybody for being here it helps
Old 12-27-2018, 01:15 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

good for you guys - you can do this

D
Old 12-27-2018, 03:33 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Joy, Happy Birthday!

Will be going into work today. It's been almost a week. Had been working from home. There was no work anyway. Glad got time to finish up the 7 seasons of Suits. It will be a short day at work hopefully. Just need to meet the team to discuss the plan for 2019. Someone or the other had been out last 2-3 weeks, couldn't get everyone together. Hoping the planning session doesn't get moved to the bar. With the boss not drinking, I am hoping it doesn't. Even if it does, I will not drink.

Best wishes to all, stay strong.
Old 12-27-2018, 03:44 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Good for you Citrus, Strawberry, and Eve. I am on day 6. Not much going on here except a couple more days of work. Then we are off to South Florida for New Years Eve with relative. Really looking forward to 2019. I think it can be the best year ever.
Old 12-27-2018, 05:34 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Good morning all.
Old 12-27-2018, 07:10 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Red and quitnow4 where are you ???
Old 12-27-2018, 07:11 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Heading to mainland tomorrow for 3 days shopping and mini vacation . I'm a little nervous about temptation it I will post first !
Old 12-27-2018, 07:32 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
Good morning class.
Back to day 3, feeling pretty good. My kids are all still in a Christmas coma (sleeping in). Its nice to have the house full and feel it, but still have some quiet in the morning. I didn't sleep very well last night. Glad to know that should improve soon. I still have anxiety about drinking Sunday night. I'll have to call and apologize to my Father at some point.

Tonight we are supposed to go to dinner to meet our daughter's boyfriend's parents. It sounded ok a week ago. Now I'm feeling pretty uncomfortable about it. I'm glad that drinking at restaurants isn't my thing. I do need to be very careful about afterwards though. I am thinking of plans now, either attend a meeting, craft while watching a movie or taking a bath. Or a combination. The sooner the evening is over the better!

Strawberry, I'm glad to hear you aren't feeling too bad today. Tomorrow will feel even better.

It's good to hear from you Eve, H379 and Bobdrop.

Dee, thanks for the new thread! And all of the support you give us all!

Hootowlhoot, it's good to see you. Sparkling cider for NYE sounds great! I actually saw some sparkling pineapple something or other while shopping last week. I'm going to see if I can find it in the next few days. My in-laws mentioned us maybe coming to their house for the evening, no booze household so I am fine with that. Or we will just stay home and play board games and eat way too much.

I'm going to remember to post if I feel the urge to drink today. I hope you all do the same! Have a wonderful sober day all!!
oh pineapple cider sounds good! Yes our plan is to stay in too. Ill make some “bad for you” snacks and food and we’ll probably watch a movie and a fireworks video
Old 12-27-2018, 07:33 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joy57 View Post
Thank GOD Christmas is OVER! I am on 18 days sober! My family sucks. My DRUNK brother and DRUNK nephew got in a fight on Christmas Morning technically at 3am. Brother stabbed nephew in head and nephew beat his face in and broke 3 ribs. Brother went to jail so my birthday present was to bail him out. He is now facing a felony assault with a deadly weapon charge probably will do some time. I ******HATE the holidays. I managed to stay sober. BTW yesterday was my birthday and it was the WORSE one yet!

Thanks and yes I'm a ANGRY ELF!
wow joy, that sounds like a nightmare. Im sorry that happened. hope you can have a peaceful weekend after all those dramatics.
Old 12-27-2018, 07:40 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Checking in. Day 19 for me. My anxiety was really bad last night. I went to bed at 9, woke up around 3 feeling panic and sweating. Luckily got back to sleep but it was so so hard to get up st 6:30 to get ready to leave for work.
today isn’t going well at work either. Just feeling impatient and tired. I feel like my boss was mad at me this morning too.
Not sure how I’m going to get through today and tomorrow. And Monday will be a normal
day too.
I think I’m feeling annoyed too because I had to work Monday , Tuesday is my usual day off (I work 11 hour days 3 says a week and 7ish hour day 1) so I didn’t get an extra day off. Sometimes I just feel very taken advantage of and like I can’t get a break. I’m just..tired. I just feel like I need a break. And I feel really stupid about something stupid I did this morning . I just broke something that I doubt anyone will even notice. But still just beating myself up about it because
my anxiety is just getting the best of me.
i am thankful to be able to come here and vent because I don’t have anyone to talk to.
Old 12-27-2018, 07:44 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Falling apart!!!!!

I can't cope with these mood swings, I can't cope!!!! I was fine this morning, a few hours ago my mood just flipped upside down, luckily my friends re arranged which is good as no way I could face them like this...

I've just broken down, got feelings of anger, like rage bubbling through every cell and vein in my body, all tense and full of anger, Im not an aggressive person.... Have any of you felt anger, rage etc after stopping drinking??? I'm struggling like hell with this!!!!!!!

For a few hours now I've been sat in floods of tears, feel like the life has been kicked out of me, feel hopeless and so so low. I can't understand it, I've never been like this when I've stopped before.

The anger worries me, get shaky and bubble over to the point I threw my cup at the wall which smashed and soaked me with tea. Really embarrassed sharing all this but I felt maybe my only hope is getting it out and venting to you guys on here. I'm doing good a lot of the time but these episodes of overwhelming emotions keep coming and it's really tough.

If anyone can relate at all please share with me...

Sorry such a negative post and thanks for listening (reading)!!!!!

x
Old 12-27-2018, 08:01 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflower84 View Post
Falling apart!!!!!

I can't cope with these mood swings, I can't cope!!!! I was fine this morning, a few hours ago my mood just flipped upside down, luckily my friends re arranged which is good as no way I could face them like this...

I've just broken down, got feelings of anger, like rage bubbling through every cell and vein in my body, all tense and full of anger, Im not an aggressive person.... Have any of you felt anger, rage etc after stopping drinking??? I'm struggling like hell with this!!!!!!!

For a few hours now I've been sat in floods of tears, feel like the life has been kicked out of me, feel hopeless and so so low. I can't understand it, I've never been like this when I've stopped before.

The anger worries me, get shaky and bubble over to the point I threw my cup at the wall which smashed and soaked me with tea. Really embarrassed sharing all this but I felt maybe my only hope is getting it out and venting to you guys on here. I'm doing good a lot of the time but these episodes of overwhelming emotions keep coming and it's really tough.

If anyone can relate at all please share with me...

Sorry such a negative post and thanks for listening (reading)!!!!!

x
i am sorry you’re feeling like this! I am feeling similar today. frustrayed, anxious, impatient. I think when we don’t drink it forces us to feel EVERYTHING . I’m at work but if I could I would take a hot shower and go to bed. Can you possibly take a nap? Sending Big hugs to you
Old 12-27-2018, 08:06 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Thanks Hoot.

Think I will try a herbal tea and curl up .

Just worries me the level of bubbling anger in me. It's awful.

Hope you pick up soon too.
Old 12-27-2018, 08:34 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you are having a hard time Sunflower. I agree with Hoot, I feel everything and it feels so much bigger sober. But it normally levels off after a few weeks.
Better to be angry sober than drunk though?

Keep posting, don't be embarrassed! I hope it eases soon.
Old 12-27-2018, 08:39 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Thanks Citrus!
Old 12-27-2018, 08:49 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone, day 6 for me! Thanks to everyone who welcomed me back

Sunflower, I'm sorry you're having mood swings, but I do think crying when we feel like it is really good for us. Those feelings have to come out, so cry, journal, talk to us. You can do this.
Old 12-27-2018, 09:20 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

BlueWellies