Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 423

Old 12-19-2018, 04:32 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Willow, Ox, Whopper: thinking of you guys today. Stay strong and positive.

Kenton: Your tenacity is inspiring, and you’re a beautiful writer. It will happen.

My goal for today is just to stay sober and spend time with my family (especially my older boy, home unexpectedly from the Navy! We were expecting deployment any day now. This is much better )
Old 12-19-2018, 04:57 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Hoping for another sober day. Best of luck to everyone wanting a dry day!
Old 12-19-2018, 05:06 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

In for another 24 please.

Have a good day all!
Old 12-19-2018, 05:08 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

24 hours sober please.
Old 12-19-2018, 05:18 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Looking at another 24 here. Sending good vibes to all for strength and patience today. I know I need it!
Old 12-19-2018, 05:26 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by H379 View Post
Hoping for another sober day. Best of luck to everyone wanting a dry day!
Lovely to see you in the thread again.
Wishing you a great day.....huge hugs. ♥
Old 12-19-2018, 05:26 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Awake61 View Post
Feel so happy to be sober this morning. Blessings to all. Thank you for being here.
♥♥
Old 12-19-2018, 05:39 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Guener View Post
Sick but 24 more is the primary thing on my mind.
Sending love and hugs and chicken soup. ♥♥

Old 12-19-2018, 05:43 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

I'm in for 24 more please
Old 12-19-2018, 05:44 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
Thinking of you and your dad Whopper. Hope the operation goes well and he makes a great recovery.

That's tough Willow.... sounds like going for a walk is a great idea. It definitely gets easier over time... the sitting in pubs with drinkers. I can chat with drinkers quite happily now for hours but I always know when it's time for me to leave. I think of it as having a safe extraction point. If people start doing shots, for example, I head to my safe extraction point. If I've driven there I head to my car.... if not I head to the tube station or wherever gets me safely away. Being sober shouldn't exclude me from anything and I still have wonderful times in pubs with drinkers.... but saying that, most people I hang out with now are moderate drinkers. I guess what I'm trying to say is that you're doing the right thing. You don't want to cut yourself off and isolate yourself but you're recognising that your sobriety is and will always remain your number 1 priority. And in time, it will become so much easier to balance that priority with all your other priorities.

Love that Michael Jordan quote Suze.... thank you for sharing. If repeated failure is the secret to success, I am quite a success story!! My book got rejected again yesterday. ... how many rejections is that now? I've lost count. But again, I got a lovely rejection email saying the agent loved my writing style and idea but it's such a crowded market at the moment, debut writers need to produce something that really stands out. So I'm trying to think of ways to make my new book really stand out.... maybe I could dress up like a Christmas tree, cover myself in fairy lights and hand deliver the next manuscript? I would definitely stand out but maybe not in a good way. Hey ho ho ho, I'll keep writing and keep trying. Quickest way to fail is to give up and I'm not going down without a fight. Love to everyone and 24 more for me please xxxx
kent honey.....I am sorry for the rejection, yet it is just one step closer to being accepted....

And, I have been thinking about your writing a lot, and I have an idea for you that might take you into s different zone with a publisher....something that Dean Koontz has already done in a way, and I know it was much loved. What if there was a chapter from you and then a chapter from the dog....life through kenton the dog's eyes as well as yours. It would be hysterical.

Just my head that is well.....my head.....it never stops. ♥♥
Old 12-19-2018, 05:55 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

24 More is the Plan of the Day!

Let’s DO IT!!!
Old 12-19-2018, 05:59 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

This is what I need to today; accountability, simplicity, and determination = for 24hrs only

I need to stop looking ahead into potential drinking scenarios that create anxiety and have not even happened. I can stay sober for 24hrs.
Old 12-19-2018, 06:07 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

well Kids and Beans were else would we be at 8am Dec 19th 2018
this is a great place for so many people here make it Grand..

the passing of Penny Marshall has hit me a bit .. got to met her here in Milwaukee a few years back she had a café club of sorts.. never open but once in a blue moon. got to go in and walk around the day it opened.. it was great lots of old photos and records on the walls ..she was in the kitchen sounding just like Laverne at Pops Bowling and Pizza I shouted thro the service window Hey Laverne where's
the Beer. and she popped her head thro and looked at me and started to laugh.. it was a grand couple of minutes.. back in the spring of 1971 I was home with baby ivan and looking for something not of Motherhood to do. took him for a walk to the bookstore and there was a trade mag that had ads for movie and written scripts. Looking for interesting stories for up coming TV program on Two females.. working and living together... mmm I thought bought it and took baby and thoughts of my friend Linda P and college home.. wrote a spiral notebook full front to back.. every thing anything about Linda and Ardy and College I could remember..
Linda wore everything with a big L on her clothes and came from one guess Milwaukee.. can see her laughing at me now. she passed from cancer in May of 2010.. she was so great.. we had such fun..
when Laverne and Shirley came on we did not even have a tv set. the phone rang and she screamed Ardith Ann what did you do .. had no idea what she was talking about. hahahahahah
I had written a note at the end of the notebook.. Hey if you can use any of this life of two friends please do . what do I want not a thing. just make people laugh......
by the Way Linda P married Darrell H and yes he was a Squigmon hahahha teacher in Wisconsin yet
and I married the Lone Wolf Dean R.. smart and tall and blonde and just as a big dope.. but we loved them very much..
my Pop was just like the Pizza Bowl only my Pop had a Barber shop next to a Pizza Bowl hahahaha and Linda's Dad was a traveling salesman not home much...
a lot of what you see in the old programs is a lot of us.. but we married and I had 3 great kids and Linda had 2 she got the grand kids.. I got the funny business kids that travel the world..

so Iam in for another 24hours with music and laughter and love..
play this if you can and remember a better time...
https://youtu.be/iYlH43vxEYI
Old 12-19-2018, 06:11 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Thinking of you Jimmy

And yes ardy love, it is indeed very sad.
Old 12-19-2018, 06:14 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Hello Venus!

24 more please!
Old 12-19-2018, 06:16 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Good morning CK love. xxx

Old 12-19-2018, 06:20 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Urban Hermit

24 more please.
Old 12-19-2018, 06:50 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

In for another 24 and loving ALMOST every minute of it
Old 12-19-2018, 06:58 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

hello and good morning. It's 6:56. Just checking in. Hot coffee and yoga in an hour.
Old 12-19-2018, 06:58 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Good morning. Day 6. Feeling so much better today. I actually feel alive today. I’m in for another 24 please. 9:58am Ontario Canada eh