SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   One Year and Under Club Part 62 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/434906-one-year-under-club-part-62-a.html)

Dee74 12-18-2018 01:31 AM

One Year and Under Club Part 62

last part here

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...t-61-a-20.html

D

Willow00 12-18-2018 03:35 AM

Thanks Dee :)

tootsl1 12-18-2018 04:38 AM

Thanks Dee

Have a great trip Willow, don't be isolated, find a way to get support if you need it, and have some sober holiday fun xx

Guener 12-18-2018 05:22 AM

Enjoy your next couple of weeks on the road, Willow. If you don't have access to the Internet, we will miss you a lot until you return. Keep up the great work that you have been demonstrating continuously to us here on SR.

Willow00 12-18-2018 09:07 PM

Thanks Toots and Guener :) First leg of the journey is done, airport and hotel bars, a boozy lunch and now I’m off for a walk to take in the sights here. We’re heading off further tomorrow to see more family and I’m trying to look at it all as an exciting adventure (that’s what Mum and Dad would want, they loved adventure ), and see it as a fun challenge to stay sober through all the boozy joints we’re visiting, so that I can enjoy every single bit of the adventure!

tootsl1 12-19-2018 02:42 AM

Maybe keep a journal of your first sober holiday, and first holiday without your folks. I'm sure writing down your thoughts will help you keep focused and give you comfort in those difficult moments as well as something to read back over in years to come. I know there will be times in the days ahead that will be tough for you Willow, but I know you will face them with the strength, dignity and endurance we have come to know of you. X

Willow00 12-21-2018 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by tootsl1 (Post 7079560)
Maybe keep a journal of your first sober holiday, and first holiday without your folks. I'm sure writing down your thoughts will help you keep focused and give you comfort in those difficult moments as well as something to read back over in years to come. I know there will be times in the days ahead that will be tough for you Willow, but I know you will face them with the strength, dignity and endurance we have come to know of you. X

thanks Toots, great idea :) ❤️

tootsl1 12-25-2018 12:09 AM

HAPPY CHRISTMAS UNDIES have a wonderful sober holiday all.

Dee74 12-25-2018 03:48 AM

and to you Toots and everyone :)

D

John65 12-25-2018 04:03 AM

Just popping by to wish a happy and sober Christmas to all! :)

Dee74 12-25-2018 04:30 AM

you too John :)

D

tootsl1 12-25-2018 01:18 PM

You too John and Dee

badgerden 12-26-2018 07:00 PM

Happy Holidays undies! Purps I see you checking in! miss you much!

Toots you always give the greatest advice, I wish I had the mental ability to put stuff on paper, I am sure it would benefit the future me a lot. the currant me sees the stuff in writing, freaks out and destroys it. Currant me is not always to smart,,,

badge

tootsl1 12-26-2018 10:26 PM

I know what you mean Badge, but I learned to journal when I started a counselling course, and although I realised I was thinking about doing counselling for all the wrong reasons, ( mainly because it was about me) I did learn a lot of coping skills and learned that by journaling I forced myself to think about the things I wanted to change about myself and my life. Once it is down there, it can't be taken back, even if deleted. When I quit drinking finally, I knew I had to be painfully honest here if I was to get the support I needed. Over time writing it all down has become easier. Now, it's more a case of paying forward, giving what I can to those who need it, in the way it was given to me. :)

Hows the holidays going Purps?

Willow00 12-26-2018 11:45 PM

I’ve been journalling a bit, I have to keep reminding myself, it’s been years! :)
I made it through Christmas and hopefully the next one will be easier. Just a boozy NYE with my partner and a heap of his friends to stay sober through and the worst of this season will be done, thankfully. I’m trying to see it all as an interesting adventure... Allowing the tears to come in private, enjoying the scenery as we travel, and feeling relief that I’m not drunk, messy, falling over then hungover like some of my partner’s family and friends that we’ve been with recently. It will get better.

Guener 12-27-2018 12:37 AM

You are doing so well, Willow, everybody is drawing from your strength as you have been going through these days and sharing with us.

Purplrks3647 12-27-2018 02:00 AM

Congrats Willow! You're doing an amazing job! :c011: :You_Rock_

Thanks guys ~ I could be doing much better but that's all up to me....no plans for NYE, however I suppose I should make plans that don't involve alcohol. :grouphug:

tootsl1 12-28-2018 12:42 AM

That would be the way to go Purps!

Willow I agree with Guerner sweetie, you are an inspiration.

Willow00 12-28-2018 12:29 PM

Thanks guys ❤️
It’s been a really rough year, and I can honestly say it’s the worst I’ve had :( but I’m hopeful that 2019 will be much better :)
Dee posted this on the weekenders and I’ve saved it to remind myself that things will get better :)

https://i.imgur.com/nnzqkEHl.jpg

tootsl1 12-31-2018 12:31 AM

It is so true Willow, live long enough and you realise that anything you survive makes you stronger. This year is going to be your year to focus on you!

Have a happy and sober New Year Undies, stay strong and focussed.