Notices

One Year and Under Club Part 62

Old 05-18-2019, 03:56 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

It was a bright and sunny day today, and I got some nice things done.
Old 05-19-2019, 11:07 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Another weekend over. In the past these were always my 'public' drinking days, when I could drink openly and with hubby. The rest of the week I hid away in the house guzzling in secret. Now I get to enjoy every minute with hubby and family (it was my gson s 13th birthday celebration yesterday) and be in the moment.
Old 05-20-2019, 01:56 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

I agree Toots.....it's great to be around my family and not be drunk all the time....they don't have to admit it, but they feel the same way I'm sure
Old 05-20-2019, 02:15 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Yes, the weekend is past, and it was a pretty decent one for me, even if I didn't get anything spectacular done.

It's going to be strange at work this Monday, having to take care of some urgent things that are easy but then it will probably be very, very quiet. I will have to find things to focus my attention on for a couple days, then it's a day trip in the middle of the week. Looking forward to more routine ahead is on my radar.
Old 05-23-2019, 12:20 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Congrats to Guerner and Willow for your year sober

I don't get on SR as much as I used to but I'm so grateful the support is here if I need it.

Keep doing the great work Undies!
Old 05-25-2019, 03:44 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

A little down in the dumps today. I think it began yesterday being around a good bit of people who were drinking poolside enjoying the weather. That was me once. I don't think I have the whole, "I could just have a drink or two" mentality. I am smarter than that. But rather, I might be experiencing the "why me" thing. Maybe that's where I am? I don't know. But I haven't felt this way in a good bit. So, back here using my "tools" and doing some reading. Just gets hard socially sometimes.
Old 05-25-2019, 03:49 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

(((JJ))) Nice work with mindfulness! That's gotta be tough....Honestly I haven't been in that situation (yet) since I've isolated myself a lot, but I can imagine I would be feeling the same way. Glad you're here! Maybe try something different, like some sort of exercise or a hobby to keep yourself busy.
Old 05-25-2019, 09:14 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Oh JJ even after all my over time I still get those 'I wish I was someone who could drink' but I know I am not. I have had to learn to accept that there will be a few occasions on and off during my life when others are enjoying doing something I used to enjoy doing. Until I stopped enjoying it. The 'why me' passes soon enough if you don't allow yourself to wallow. As alcoholics we are lucky. There are so many things in life we can still enjoy. We don't have to take medication to treat our illness, and we have many, many other things in life we can still partake of and enjoy. We just have to avoid the one thing that does not agree with us.
One other thing to remember, not everyone who seems to be 'enjoying' a drink is in control, any more than we were, though we may have appeared so to others at times.
Be proud JJ that you didn't drink yesterday, count it as a win.
Old 05-25-2019, 02:03 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
One other thing to remember, not everyone who seems to be 'enjoying' a drink is in control, any more than we were, though we may have appeared so to others at times.
I thought this exact thing today!! I was looking at the clock and wondering, last year during pool time in the afternoon I would be heavily debating my number of drinks, am I drinking socially, do I stop at X number of drinks , will I have withdrawal symptoms later, etc. etc.

Oh the freaking madness with that! Wow that was 7 months ago when I was at the end of my rope. Reminding myself of the reality drinking brought me is a good tool to have.
Old 05-25-2019, 04:02 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Yes, that statement by toots stood out to me today, too, as I was looking at the crowd of people at a festival in town who are celebrating blues music. I ultimately decided not to go, because I don't like crowds much, but I'm sure that such memories would be evoked in me more strongly had I been there. I'm just enjoying my extra free time that I have for the day and for the weekend.
Old 05-29-2019, 04:06 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Just checking to see how everyone is doing? Reading on SR this morning.
Old 05-29-2019, 05:11 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Hey, JJL, I've been doing the same this morning and listening to the news, looking forward to a fine day. I have a pretty good attitude going into the morning.
Old 05-29-2019, 09:10 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

All ok here guys, glad to hear you are all doing well too!
Old 05-29-2019, 03:27 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi all

D
Old 05-31-2019, 02:53 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Hi everyone
Thanks Stronger
I hope you all have a good sober weekend
Old 06-03-2019, 12:56 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

...You too Willow, Have a great sober week everyone.
Old 06-03-2019, 02:58 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hows the shingles Toots?

D
Old 06-04-2019, 12:27 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Still driving me up the pole Dee, trying so hard not to scratch, but the worst of the pain seems to have lessened now I'm taking a nerve tablet. Thanks for asking.
Old 06-04-2019, 12:41 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope it stops soon Toots

D
Old 06-04-2019, 12:51 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry that you are dealing with Shingles, toots. I have seen how painful and irritating they can be, and I'm glad that you are getting some relief. I have to get the shot for those next year, when my insurance will cover at least part of the expense.

Things are going pretty well for me these days, I am happy to say. I have been doing some studying to keep my mind busy with things other than the mundane aspects and lots of free time that I have at work right now. Working at a University, I think that they cannot fault me for doing some listening to lectures online at my desk when it is quiet!

Looking behind me, I see that my cats have taken over my warm spot where I was sleeping, they love to just assume everything is there for their use. And, of course, they are right. Not a day goes by that I do not love having them around for company.