Notices

Class of November 2018 Part 4

Old 01-17-2019, 02:46 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Kaily — I need a walking companion too! Oh well, I guess I’ll have to relocate to your neck of the woods. 😄 It is a good feeling getting all worn out from walking. It’s such a good way to relax.

TJ — glad your plans seem to be working out. I was multitasking when I read your list and misread “timely travel” as “time travel,”. That would have been quite a plot twist!
Old 01-17-2019, 03:51 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Ha! Yeah... "Time travel" to before I started drinking. I wish!

I'm not out of the woods because there will be heavy winds after the snow falls but what can I do? Now I know why I made sure my first overnight stay was fully refundable.
Old 01-18-2019, 01:28 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

At IOP the other day we had to pick what our superpower would be if we could have one. Mine was time travel. To go back and have a long talk with myself, and to change the course of my life for the better. Funny you guys said the same thing.

Day 46 today. Had court this morning. That is progressing and I think I know about where I will end up when it is said and done. Weather is going to be bad this weekend. Its raining right now and the temp is just above freezing and dropping. Will change to snow anytime and there will be ice. A good weekend to stay at home, methinks. Have a god day, everyone.
Old 01-18-2019, 04:31 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  
Administrator

Funny - this came up in another thread.

Even with all the bad stuff, and the things I regret, it all bought me to here and now and the here and now is pretty good - I'm happy, content and full of purpose,

so no time travel for me
Old 01-18-2019, 05:24 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

No time travel for me either. I regret a lot of things but I'm in a good place now and I learned so much from all of my mistakes.
Old 01-18-2019, 06:48 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

That's encouraging to hear Dee and Kay. I am looking forward to "looking forward" and staying in that mindset.

See you all on the "Other Side" (hopefully)... The weather prognosis for my flight to SoCal is starting to get a bit more favorable so I am feeling less nervous.
Old 01-19-2019, 02:59 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

You know, yes my daughter is bipolar, but it’s no excuse to be an such an entitled jerk. And I’m so nice to her, partially because I’m in the habit of tiptoeing around her moods, partially because being nice is my default mode anyway. I listen to her venting, I bring her coffee, I help her tidy her room, I wake up early so I can help her get ready when she needs to work early, etc etc etc. And in return she’s just mean sometimes.

This morning I told her I’m not having it, and if she’s going to stay here she needs to learn to be pleasant to live with. I’m also pulling back on all the help I give her; she has to learn some independence.

So that’s it. Instead of getting triggered and stressed, I’m putting my foot down. Boundaries, that’s the word I’m looking for. I think I’m finally starting to get what that means.

Anyway, we’re getting a cold front today, and I don’t do well with the cold! Yuck! And it’s windy too, so I’m going to have to really bundle up for my walk. Can’t disappoint my Fitbit though. Have a great day, fellow Novemberites!

P.S. I would definitely add teleportation to my list of superpowers. I would use it to sleep in and bypass traffic. Oh, and I’d teleport myself to a sandy beach right about now too. That goes with time travel, right? The ability to control time and space?
Old 01-19-2019, 10:09 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Hmm. She sent me a text and apologized. Since she never apologizes, this can mean only one thing: my daughter has been abducted by aliens and replaced with a clone.
Old 01-19-2019, 12:18 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Lol, at least you'll have a cool story for the movie rights, Bonnie.

Speaker meeting at lunch today was really good. I had never met him before but I've casually known his wife for some time. In his story I learned he was actually in quite a bit more trouble than I'm in. And made it through and is doing well. Needed to hear that today.
Old 01-19-2019, 04:35 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Day 3.

Had another tumble....
Right in the thick of it at the moment....

Mum's in hospital......
Hip surgery.
The drugs are knocking her around and all it's all coming out.

She's seeing things, tripping right out.
Anyway it's clear what she thinks of me drinking, all the mistakes made along the way.
So I've assured her I wont have a drink for the rest of the year.

Hope all are well in the group.
I'll read all the posts and get back in the swing of things....
Old 01-19-2019, 04:59 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry to hear about your mum Obo - but a commitment to stay sober for 2019 sounds like a good start.

It'll mean a lot of sacrifice and anger wrangling on your part tho.

D
Old 01-19-2019, 07:05 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee....
Yes sacrifice and anger wrangling sound about right.
About time really.....
Old 01-19-2019, 07:22 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah I felt the same way Obo.
Funny thing is I like this life better than I ever liked my old one

D
Old 01-19-2019, 10:16 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bonniefloyd View Post
Hmm. She sent me a text and apologized. Since she never apologizes, this can mean only one thing: my daughter has been abducted by aliens and replaced with a clone.
Don't look a gift horse in the mouth Bonnie, thank those Aliens!

Welcome back Osbob, sorry to hear things are difficult. Well done on Day 3.

Glad you enjoyed the meeting Dafunbra, sounds like it was very inspiring.

I am doing OK I think-very scared to jinx myself by saying too much.
Still walking LOADS mainly hilly forests and countryside. Lovely but a wee bit lonely although I do have my little dog Alfie with me. Not sure he is happy with the distances though. He sorta rolls his eyes when I get his lead out and hides LOL.

My legs are getting very toned the rest is in need of work. Still eating far too much chocolate!

Hope everyone's OK.
Old 01-19-2019, 10:47 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really pleased to see the commitment here guys - awesome
time for a new thread tho:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-part-5-a.html (Class of November 2018 Part 5)

D