Notices

Class of July 2013 Part 56

Old 12-18-2018, 05:07 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Oh, so sorry for your loss, LuLu.
Don't second guess yourself.
You gave that pup a wonderful life and lots of love I'm sure.
That's all we can give them.

I know first hand the pain of losing a loving pet.
I still have my wonderful Leah as my avatar.
Old 12-18-2018, 05:19 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by resolute50 View Post
Oh, so sorry for your loss, LuLu.
Don't second guess yourself.
You gave that pup a wonderful life and lots of love I'm sure.
That's all we can give them.

I know first hand the pain of losing a loving pet.
I still have my wonderful Leah as my avatar.
Thanks, I know you understand. It was just hard because she would have moments this morning where she was my old Palio and full of sass but then she would have chattering teeth and be too exhausted to hold her head up. She was most definitely loved. The house just feels wrong without her.
Old 12-18-2018, 05:52 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Oh LuLu honey....I am so so so sorry love.
I am crying with you.....it is the hardest thing....just so much love to you.
May your beautiful dog rest in peace. xx ♥♥♥
Old 12-18-2018, 05:58 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Thanks, Suze. Her final gift was getting me out of the work holiday party which was this afternoon
Old 12-18-2018, 06:24 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm very sorry for your loss Lulu. For what it's worth I think you made the right decision, but it's never an easy one.

I love to think of your Palio young and free from pain again and running about somewhere now

D
Old 12-18-2018, 06:58 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I am so desperately sorry, LuLu.
Old 12-18-2018, 08:04 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Magsie

Lulu, my heart goes out to you, so sorry for your loss of your beautiful Palio. Sending loves and big hugs love
Old 12-18-2018, 09:15 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

bump
Old 12-18-2018, 11:00 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Congrats Pj that is just so awesome, well done :-) I hope you are healing well my friend xx

Lulu, I’m so very sorry to hear about Palio. He sounds like he was very loved and will surely be missed.
You absolutely did the right thing, no question about it.
It is just the opposite to how you are feeling.
Take away the guilt and replace it with being kind to yourself.

He had a wonderful life, a great home, other dogs, food, shelter an no doubt an abundance of love.

When I was younger, I would hang in to my animals til virtually their last breath , it was only when I got older that I realised I was wanting them here for me. It was quite selfish.

If we have the means to be able to give them a painless dignified end then why wouldn’t we .?

The fact that he was bouncing around in the morning is the thing that’s giving you the guilts. But the exhaustion that followed justified your decision.

I’m proud of you and don’t spend another second in angst. You’re a great owner, with empathy.

What a lucky dog he was. I love big dogs. Be at peace with this.

He has helped you in return by keeping you away from the Christmas party.
What a wonderful pet xoxo

Crois, dear Crois. I’m so sorry to hear that you have come to a crossroads in your relationship. I’m glad you came here to share with us. Your relationship is only 2 years ? Old . I’m not sure exactly, but it’s still in the relatively new phase of getting to know each other.

Relationships work 2 ways. You don’t always have to be the peacemaker or feel like you can’t be your true self, is really worth questioning.

It shouldn’t be hard or feeling like you really have to work at it. You don’t want to be doing this and get to 5 or 10 years and still be working at it.
I mean to a certain degree we ALL have to work at it. But your gut instinct is telling you differently.

My advice to you would be , imagine if this was one of us asking you what we should do , what would your answer be ?
We all take your advice really well and it’s helped me a lot over the years.
So just ponder over that a little bit.

I’m with Bob & Dee on this one but only you can do what you really know is right for you.

Good luck honey, we are with you.

Hi Kathy love. Nice to see you post here. You are very much loved by all of your Julyers.

Old 12-19-2018, 02:54 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Great posts. Snooz and Dee, thank you. Today starts the new reality. The house is so different. Keep my other two pups in there prayers. Palio was the leader of the back and the other two are so depressed. Couldn't sleep at all, been washing floors and it is not yet 5 A.M.. Going to head into work early and attack the 70+ emails from yesterday. Have a good day, afternoon or evening all!
Old 12-19-2018, 03:31 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I will pray that your other dogs get their bearings and become less despondent without Palio.
Old 12-19-2018, 05:19 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Lulu my heart is breaking for you. Animals have such a special place in our hearts. I’ll try to post more in the morning.
Bob, snooz thanks too. Lots to think about and again will post tomorrow.
Old 12-19-2018, 05:47 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

(((LuLu))) ♥♥
Old 12-19-2018, 03:11 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best wishes for you and all the doggy family Lulu.

D
Old 12-19-2018, 09:50 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

OK, a bit more time to post now and on my computer, not my phone, so it's easier to type 'old style' lol.

Lulu, I posted briefly last night when I saw your news, but yes, it's the awful emptiness. My daughter lost her rabbit a few weeks ago and picked up his cremated remains today. She's been inconsolable too. And in another state, so I can't go give her cuddles. She arrives here in a few days' time though for Christmas. I'm aching to give her some love and care.

I related so much to what Snooz said, about holding on too long to pets when we are younger, and that if we can give them a pain-free transition, then it is the kindest thing to do.

I am so proud of my children for loving animals the way they do, and their kind hearts - but with every bond comes a goodbye. My heart aches so much for her, and for you too, Lu. It's just bloody hard.

Snooz and Bob, again, thank you for your thoughts re my situation. I went back again just now and re-read your thoughts. Thank you my friends - all of you, for your support and kind words - and thoughtful responses when I reach out. It means a lot.

I'm OK for now, as I said, the main thing is to get through Christmas, see my kids, and focus on that. I completely broke down yesterday, you know, the straw that breaks the camels back?

Snooz, how are you feeling going into Xmas? Hoping there's not too many offers of boozy catch ups. Please, please post if things get wavery. I'm mostly posting on my phone, but am hovering around.

Hoping to hear an update from dear Pete.

Love to all.
Old 12-20-2018, 06:07 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

More love dearest CW. ♥♥
Old 12-20-2018, 09:16 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hiya Julyers
Old 12-20-2018, 09:50 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Hi Mags
Old 12-21-2018, 01:30 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Hiya guys

I posted yesterday but it’s not here. I wondered if it didn’t as just I sent a nice long post my tablet went flat aaaarrrgghhhh don’t you just hate that.

Crois, in answer to your question re Christmas. I have a plan in place so it’s all good.

Shaun and I are going to Mum and Dads for lunch with my brother Brendan and that’s it . Brendan said he won’t drink out of respect for helping me.

All the other siblings have lunch at the wife’s house.

After lunch Shaun and I are taking Miss Piggy & Lewis to the beach for a run, well ...the dogs not me I’m not running anywhere .

So we will be tired when we get home. and have an early night.

Then the next day is Shaun’s birthday. I bought 2 gold class cinema tickets for him cos he’s hanging out to watch Aquaman so he will be rapt with that.

I took Mum & Dad to Angie’s today , we had a lovely morning tea. Mum made banana cake and cornflake bickies & coffee.

I’m not sure what my girls are doing for Christmas, they haven’t spoken to me or seen me for months. Understandably.

So rather than spending the day hanging around in case.....I’ve sorted my day out.

I’m feeling really happy in myself. I have now lost 11 kegs , my clothes are fitting nicely and it’s all falling into place.

Life is good.

Love each and everyone of you, my friends

Xoxo
Old 12-21-2018, 01:54 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Snooz, I loved reading your update! I was going to ask how Angie is going too. I feel like she’s one of our fold.

Your Christmas Day sounds good. Disappointing about the kids, but I think you are right - focusing on your sobriety IS being the best Mum you can be. My middle daughter won’t be visiting. I’ve tried, but I guess deep down there’s deep hurt I can’t fix for now. Plus I know her own drinking issues aren’t good.

I’m making an old banana cake recipe of mine over Xmas too. I always make full on desserts, but a cake from my kids childhood this year too.

Love to all. Again living your updates, Wendy.

Hugs for today Lulu. Hope you don’t have to work on the weekend and you can have downtime with your dogs. Thinking of you.