Notices

One Year & Over Part 65

Old 12-16-2018, 01:04 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Kicking myself a little bit this morning. Yesterday the temperature stayed below 2C and we had a strong wind that carried rain. DD was playing soccer in it. She had extra layers on and was running around which kept her warm. When we got home I realised the opposition's goalie's personality was changing, the first sign of hypothermia. If we'd been on a mountain I'd have spotted it.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 12-16-2018, 01:34 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I am ok, Toots. Hand swollen- from 2 surgical sites up the length of little finger and very inconveniently- across the palm. I can now count my pulse by the hand throbs....I doubt this will replace using the radial pulse technique. A tad sore.
Old 12-16-2018, 01:59 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Mags,
Good for him! Tell him congrats from a fellow retiree.

PJ,
I did find your other thread! I hope you end up glad for the surgery/ies. Sore is a good thing for healing, no?

SE,
YW.
Wow! It's great to hear how well you've handled the baby and life. It's so wonderfully lovely to have you pop in here with such a great story of persistence and perseverance. We've some great moms here.

Hi Andy!

OOTT,
Glad you're hanging in there! Sure beats hanging over.

Star,
Thanks. Things are a pain because few stay exciting when we finally possess them.

Toots,
Yep you saved them a lot of scrambling and saved on weight on your move. It sounds like you've got a handle on it. Weird thing is that most of the houses for sale in Colorado include the appliances including washers and dryers that are like new. This makes sense to me now because I'll save a ton of weight leaving the fridge, washer, dryer, range, here. And it will sell the house easier because they and the house are all 3 years old. I like this new trend.

FBL,
Guess he was in a giving mood?

Mags,
Whenever I think Lottery I think "The Lottery" by Shirley Jackson.

Badger,
I'm with Dee on just leave the ball in their park, as it were.

Sassy,
I hear ya. I barely get here every two days now three!

Sassy,
I hear ya. Getting older isn't like a cold where we can get over it. But we march forward, bravely into the fray, hoping we live to fight another day.

Andy,
She lived and you learned. Next time betcha nip it in the bud.
Old 12-16-2018, 03:04 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs!

Mags, I suspect my balance may be a permanent issue. I have osteoporosis, plus now scoliosis and with all the abdominal surgeries I’ve had, I gather there is an impact on balance as well from adhesions and such. I’ve noticed that when I sit in a straight-backed chair I am becoming increasingly hunched over. I will only be 74 in a little over a week so it’s a bit scary. There’s only so much I can do about it so I will learn to live with it and enjoy the things I can :-). I live in a safe place so that’s a good feeling.

Have a good day to all!
Old 12-16-2018, 03:29 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Nothing wrong with sore, ITCH. Pain is a teacher and a reminder. Considering 3y ago..well to quote my savior/burns surgeon -you tried REALLY hard to lose that arm, we had to fight to keep it'.
Could not ask for a better Xmas present.
I am NOT 'armless!'
Old 12-16-2018, 04:37 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by badgerden View Post
Hello Overs, need some advice. I have a estranged relationship with my nephews . One is married with a little girl. (my grand niece ) I have not been a very big part of their lives as they were growing up. If they were to tell me that they do not want me to be a part of their lives, I would understand and accept it. So I sent them a message that I would be in thier area next week and would like to get together, I have not heard anything back. I sent my grand niece her presents with a letter included, but still nothing. So do I contact them again? hope they contact me?,,,, not sure what to do here,,,,,

badge
Hello love.

If it was me, I would. People get busy or are not sure how to respond sometimes....it doesn't mean they don't want to see you I don't think.

I would call or message before I got there and say I am going to be there soon....etc....if you want to ....as long as you won't get hurt if you don't hear back. s

Just my thoughts. ♥♥
Old 12-16-2018, 04:39 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Treerat66 View Post
Good morning Overs.

Kicking myself a little bit this morning. Yesterday the temperature stayed below 2C and we had a strong wind that carried rain. DD was playing soccer in it. She had extra layers on and was running around which kept her warm. When we got home I realised the opposition's goalie's personality was changing, the first sign of hypothermia. If we'd been on a mountain I'd have spotted it.

Oh no Andy. Is she alright now? ♥♥♥
Old 12-16-2018, 04:42 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Saskia View Post
Good morning, Overs!

Mags, I suspect my balance may be a permanent issue. I have osteoporosis, plus now scoliosis and with all the abdominal surgeries I’ve had, I gather there is an impact on balance as well from adhesions and such. I’ve noticed that when I sit in a straight-backed chair I am becoming increasingly hunched over. I will only be 74 in a little over a week so it’s a bit scary. There’s only so much I can do about it so I will learn to live with it and enjoy the things I can :-). I live in a safe place so that’s a good feeling.

Have a good day to all!
You have a good physio there love I imagine?
The right exercises can make such a huge difference......I know they did for my mum.

She had osteoporosis and rheumatoid arthritis, and the doctors and physiotherapist kept were wonderful...

Sending you so much love. xx ♥
Old 12-16-2018, 04:54 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Magsie

Sassy, sorry to hear that about your balance. My mum was always dizzy (we called her waffy, lol) but when really bad used to lay down for a while.

Itchy, thanks, I’ll pass it on to hubby. I’ve not heard that book but I can imagine it may be like opening Pandora’s Box!
Old 12-16-2018, 05:05 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

((((Sass))))

I hope your daughter is OK< Andy.
Old 12-16-2018, 07:06 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Mags, omg, I guess I am now “waffy”

Thanks, Suze - anytime I need physio it is indeed here. It’s not an immediate thing but I do notice it gradually getting worse. Thankfully I am living here :-)
Old 12-16-2018, 09:51 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Magsie

Sassy, in the nicest possible way join the club!
Old 12-16-2018, 11:36 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

DD is fine. When the weather is 'iffy' I take an extra insulating, water proof and wind proof layer. It has the ability to suck the wetness out of anything it is worn over, magic. Although the real magic maybe being stuffed into your Dad's big expensive cosy jacket.

Old 12-17-2018, 02:44 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Magsie

I’m off out for lunch at Brigg Garden Centre with a friend. They do really nice lunches but really really nice cakes! Mmm.

Have a good day my friendsxx
Old 12-17-2018, 03:14 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Andy, if it was the oppositions goalie, it was not your responsibility. I don't think you can eat yourself up, plentry of other people ought to have noticed before you, including their coach and her parents. You have enough on your shoulders without adding unnecessary guilt.
Old 12-17-2018, 03:50 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Decided to take some of my bonus money to the card show yesterday and am glad I did. One of the regular dealers said he was saving something for me and produced a box from under his table that was full of beautiful 1973 Topps baseball cards. I needed 76 to complete my collection and he had 49 of them! Gave me a huge discount too. Now I'm down to only 27 out of 660 to complete my set!

Have a Marvelous Monday, overs!
Old 12-17-2018, 03:54 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

That’s great, FBL! We know where your money goes . It’s good to enjoy it.

Have a marvelous Monday, Overs - or at least more merrier than miserable
Old 12-17-2018, 06:21 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Hello all, update on contacting my nephews, I am just going to play it by ear. I have sent out two messages regarding this coming weekend with no reply from them at all. If they do get hold of me, I have left the day open so I can go up as planned, pretend there was no issue or worry. what will be will be,,,

thank you all for advice and guidance very much appreciated!

Badge
Old 12-17-2018, 06:23 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

That sounds good to me love....well, I know it is what I would do. ♥♥
Old 12-17-2018, 11:36 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Really feeling bifurcated this morning.