Notices

Class of May 2018 Part 4

Old 04-01-2019, 06:07 PM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Guener I totally understand about the jury duty thing. I got called to jury duty one year and the county that I lived in it the same week that I was in a deposition for And to go to trial in another county. I told the government of the county that I lived in that I could not do my jury duty because I was supposed to be in another trial in another county at the same time. Do you know what they said? They said that was no excuse!

But the good news was that online I could ask for a reschedule for my regular jury duty, so maybe you could check that out?

I’m so excited that next month brings our one year anniversaries!!

I had a great day at work my preceptor was back from vacation and he was so good at explaining so many things

To add a little bit of a funny, there was about six Oreos in a container in our lunch break room today for breakfast. I didn’t have any because I don’t eat those things but I found out that one of the staff members put toothpaste in between for the stuffing! Part of the April fools joke
Old 04-01-2019, 10:56 PM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! I can’t believe it’s April already! I hadn’t even thought about it till I read what Free said about it being our 1 year anniversary next month! Wow! Hope you’re all having a good week
Old 04-02-2019, 03:35 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  

I did get an excuse from jury duty for next week, the days before our conference, but today I am reporting for duty. I was surprised that I was able to do it over the phone. So, I feel much relieved. I did have to chuckle about your story.

Last month seemed to last forever in some ways but is already gone. I rather think that April will fly by in comparison, and then, yes, we will be into May. I've only been with you guys for seven months, but they have been very important months to me in my work to stay sober. I don't think I would have been looking forward to one year without your help.
Old 04-02-2019, 02:46 PM
  # 444 (permalink)  

I’m glad you got excused from jury duty Guener, that’s a relief.

And I’m also glad to be along for this journey with you all
I may not check in as regularly as I have been as since I’m back working again I’m so busy! Still working 3 casual jobs, but one is only temporary for another month or so. It’s been great and necessary for the short term as I needed the money to catch up after not working for a while, but I’ll be happy when the contract comes to an end, as the other 2 jobs will be enough to go forward with. I don’t have much spare time at the moment, but will be a bit more relaxed with better work life balance after the end of May
Old 04-02-2019, 04:49 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  

We know that you are here with us, Willow. Working three jobs, that would take over any of us, no matter how busy we all are these days. I appreciate having my work, if I worry about it sometimes, and it's a boon for all of us to be employed when we are able to work. But, I will be happy for you when you are down to just two!
Old 04-03-2019, 06:15 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Today was a day of two steps forward and one back, a little frustrating, but I can get things back on track tomorrow I think. And it's just work. I'm feeling well, actually, about most things.

I was encouraged to read a thread by a man who is stepping up to take charge of things in life, sobriety and everything else that goes with being a true person at what is also my age range. It's not always the case that we get to read about the whole picture changing with actions taken. I feel invigoration from it.

I missed a phone call from my sister last night because I was in bed early, but I sent her a nice email about how the family here is doing, coming up on a month since Dad passed. It would be good to stay more in touch with her, as she and Dad used to talk pretty regularly on the phone, and I'm sure that she will miss that. I'm missing him, too.

Just a drive through to say that things are in order with me.
Old 04-04-2019, 10:31 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Hi guys.

just stopping in to say hi. I’ve been keeping up with reading this thread. But haven’t really had the opportunity to sit down and respond.

three jobs willow! Geez. Idk how you do that.
Guener- can’t believe it has been a month since you lost your dad. Hope your having a good day today.
free- love the pics! Just beautiful. I sometimes wish I lived somewhere that had more nature.
hi john, mantra and Dee

march is done which means I am also officially 10 months too. Insane! Who else can picture their 1 year? Like actually envision it? I believe I can... I think about it a lot. pretty big milestone guys!!
Old 04-04-2019, 12:27 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!

Quick drive by to say ‘hi’

Day 310 for me today....

Countdown 55 days😊
Old 04-04-2019, 04:40 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go everyone

D
Old 04-05-2019, 04:26 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Hi everyone
Friday night, 9.20pm and I’m in bed, about to go to sleep (I hope).
Guener I’ve been taking a lot of comfort from talking to my sister since my parents died. I used to talk a lot on the phone to Mum, and visit her a lot, so my sister fills part of the void in my life, which I take some comfort in ❤️ Maybe you’ll find the same thing with your sister now that your Dad’s passed on ❤️

Bumblebee I’m glad the 3 jobs are only a temporary thing! They’re all part-time/casual so flexible around each other to a point, but I’m super busy lol. Only another month or so and I will be very happy with the remaining 2

I hope you all have a great weekend!
Old 04-05-2019, 04:35 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Willow, it’s amazing your keeping up, sounds like you are welcoming the business in addition to the income 😊

Guener, you have such great insight and are a wonderful support to others on this site-in fact, I know I’ve read all of my aMayzing classmates’ responses to others and wow, just sayin’ I’m impressed at the wisdom.

Besides hiking I did my first fun thing for me last night. I went to a softball game that the people at work belong to. It was really fun and they left at 9 PM and the score was 15 to 2 and we were winning. In the past, I was always home drinking so I was never interested in doing anything with people at work after work because I used to say it just wasn’t proper.

I’m up early today, going to spend a few days with my new friend Chip in Steamboat. Says we might go to Denver Saturday to buy a horse. Never done that, so should be fun!

Hi Bumble-is the marriage discord a little better? Been thinking about you...

Hi John, hi Manta, hi all of our lurkers!

We are a small class. We don’t have umpteen pages of threads, but we are ALL almost a YEAR.

aMAYzing..........

Best, everyone!
Old 04-06-2019, 03:11 AM
  # 452 (permalink)  

I know! Next month is a year, wow! We’re doing an awesome job
Old 04-06-2019, 04:06 AM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Good thing that you went out, Free, just to do something fun and playful for a time. I am sure that having a break like that feels like a real accomplishment and treat in the face of the past year. We all need times where we don't have a care or worry.

My idea of what to do this weekend is taken care of for me, as my Aunt has come to visit, and we will all be getting together today for a meal. I need some extra rest, too, this weekend, I'm feeling a little run down and don't want to run out of gas. So, there is some basketball watching on TV and maybe a movie in my lineup.

I also need to do some more reading from my book on addictive thinking before a meeting on 4/18 with my addiction counselor.

There's not a whole lot to report on from here in NM, but just want to say hi to all of you again. Despite days being top heavy with work and being tired, I don't have the notion to pick up, I am just trying to be mindful of where and who I am. We all are special people, doing our things, thinking ahead to future times, and reflecting on living in sober ways. It's all good.

Onward, with peace ...
Old 04-06-2019, 02:40 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  

I used to play softball at school Free. I wasn’t very good at it, but I remember it was a lot of fun! Hope you’re enjoying yourself

Guener a family catch up with your aunt will be lovely and you’re right, we are all special people.

It’s a beautiful day here, I have the day off and I’m off down to the beach for a while. Bliss ❤️
Old 04-07-2019, 01:19 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  

It was nice having a day off. The weather is gorgeous and the beach was beautiful today. I had a moment or 6 when I really felt like a Sunday afternoon drink (Sundays were always a big drinking session for me back in the dark ages of history when I used to drink). I managed to stay away from drinking despite my partner having a couple of drinks today, by resorting to the not so secret ammunition in the fridge and freezer. I was getting so sick of cups of tea, so I attacked the chocolate block and the icy poles in the freezer
Old 04-07-2019, 03:48 AM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Your new habits and your secret weapon have worked for you, Willow, it's great to know that you just deploy them.

I'm way too consumed by work right now to even think about anything else. It's when you/I come down from something that defenses can be weak, so I will watch for that. Less than a week to go before my conference madness is past.
Old 04-08-2019, 06:02 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  

How is everyone? I got a mountain bike on Saturday and when I was at the store and I asked the clerk what the date was, and he said April 6 I almost burst into tears. It was the 18th anniversary of my oldest daughter Jennifer’s car accident. It has left her life in shambles, as some of you know she struggles with so many issues including addiction to math and alcohol. I think it’s the first sober April 6 I’ve had in 18 years !

The gentleman I have been seeing in Steamboat Springs that does not drink is overall a very nice guy. He’s a great cook, and it’s 63 years old seems to be able to keep up with me for the most part.

It’s a bummer that we are 3 1/2 hours drive apart but it works out well for us both I think being loners. It’s a gorgeous drive, and I like the thinking time.

Any suggestions on a four wheel drive car? Should turn in my other vehicle.

I hope my drive by finds everyone well. Today is really my Sunday even though it is Monday the eighth. Back tomorrow to work.
Old 04-09-2019, 12:58 AM
  # 458 (permalink)  

Certainly April 6th must bring a flood of emotion for you, Free, and being sober for the first time in many years over it is such a change. I hope hope that your daughter is doing okay or as well as you can hope. You've done as much as you can, but it must always be hard.

Buying another car is always such a decision. Subaru has been making all-wheel drive vehicles for a very long time, I remember seeing quite a few of them in CO when I lived there for a short while. I guess it comes down to reliability, affordability, access to service and reputation. Maybe your new friend can give you some input on this topic, too?
Old 04-09-2019, 01:57 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Hi Free, I think anniversaries of sad times when we are sober are going to be more emotional than when we were drinking. It’s hard to experience the pain without trying to mask it or suppress it, but ultimately I think it will help us to heal.

Good luck with the car. There are so many different options out there! I’m sure you will find something good. I’ve had a couple of toyotas which have been great. They come in different sizes and styles so it depends what you’re looking for really why not take some for a test drive and see what you think

I hope the conference is all working out well Guener.
I’ve kind of lost track of days so I’m not sure if it’s still in the future or it’s been and gone. I’ll bet you’re doing a great job though, and will be relieved to have some breathing space afterwards. Working hard can be great but it can get stressful too. Don’t forget to breathe
Old 04-09-2019, 02:43 PM
  # 460 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for the sadness but I'm really glad you stayed sober Free

D