Notices

Class of May 2018 Part 4

Old 03-08-2019, 08:54 PM
  # 361 (permalink)  
Administrator

nice pics Bumblebee

D

Last edited by Dee74; 03-09-2019 at 04:54 PM.
Old 03-08-2019, 09:03 PM
  # 362 (permalink)  

Some great pics of you and your buddy there, Bumblebee.

I fell asleep this evening and woke up, and my Dad has just died. I will pack up my overnight bag and head out to my Mom's house to see her. I was hoping that he would make it to my birthday for me to say one last goodbye, but it hasn't worked out that way. He was proud of me for quitting drinking, and I'm glad that he knew me that way before he left us.

My own thoughts tonight are calm, and I'm not going to drink over this.
Old 03-08-2019, 09:11 PM
  # 363 (permalink)  

😞🙏🏼

((((Guener)))))

I’m sorry for your loss. Prayers to your mom and your sisters. Keep strong and your sobriety You got this!

May your dad rest at peace, especially knowing your path of choice 😊
Old 03-08-2019, 09:11 PM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Bumble!! That’s great!!!!

Your dog looks like a chocolate cookie, yummy!!
Old 03-08-2019, 09:21 PM
  # 365 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm so sorry for your loss and the timing Guener.

D
Old 03-09-2019, 01:57 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  

Oh Guener, sending you so much love and support. At least your Dad didn’t linger a long time, which I believe is a blessing. Too often people are ill for so long and it’s heartbreaking to see. I know it’s heartbreaking to lose them, but he’s no longer suffering and that’s a good thing. I still miss my Mum and Dad so much, but I’m grateful they’re no longer in any pain or suffering. I’m thinking of you. You’re right Guener, your Dad is still so proud of you. My Mum made it to my day 100 and I’m sure she’s still proud of me too. They’re still watching over us and guiding our footsteps with their wisdom and love ❤️

Beautiful photos of both you and Kringle Bumblebee! Like Free, I think he looks like a chocolate cake with frosting on top And snuggles on the couch is lovely ❤️
Old 03-09-2019, 06:40 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Hello Guener, I'm really sorry to about your Dad and wish you and your family strength over the coming days and weeks.
Old 03-09-2019, 07:11 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  

No, I hadn't forgotten you all. Am still here at 308 days sober and enjoying my hangover free life. Although sometimes I wake up and feel pretty crap.

I still read the threads, and can see that some of you are going through some tough times. I wish all of you the very best, and that you resolve all your issues. I'm sure that there are some great success stories out there as well, and I wish all you the very best.

Will continue to monitor my fellow travellers, classmates and sobernauts. Keep keeping the faith.

With much love.......
Old 03-09-2019, 02:05 PM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Nice to see you John and Solly
Old 03-09-2019, 04:55 PM
  # 370 (permalink)  
Administrator

Apologies for thinking 'bumblebee' and writing 'free' Bumblebee. Still great pics tho

D
Old 03-09-2019, 04:56 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi John and Solly.

hi to you too Willow

Still sending prayers/good thoughts to you and your family Guener.

D
Old 03-10-2019, 12:37 AM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Hi Dee
Old 03-10-2019, 01:20 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  

Hi Dee, Free, Willow, everyone
Old 03-10-2019, 02:47 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Hope you’re going ok Guener, thinking of you.
Old 03-10-2019, 05:20 PM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Hey, everyone. I'm sad but doing okay. I had a short conversation with my AV but shut that up pretty quickly. I think it's because I've wondered in the past if it would be okay to drink after a death, but I don't think so. So, now that nasty dialogue is behind me.

I'm making a pot of coffee so that I can finish watching some movies that I've been enjoying this afternoon. I was feeling lazy about not posting here, but I need to do that. I want to keep up my accountability despite how I'm feeling. The cats don't make it easy, all they want me to do is be a nap pillow.

Thanks for thinking of me, everyone.
Old 03-11-2019, 11:49 AM
  # 376 (permalink)  

I’m glad you shut the AV down Guener. When we’re emotional, it can try to sneak in under our defences, while we’re distracted. Stay strong and safe. We’re all in this sober journey together. Your Dad’s really proud of you, just as I know my parents are proud of me. Staying sober throughout such a difficult time is a wonderful gift, both for our lost loved ones, to honour them, but also to ourselves ❤️
Old 03-11-2019, 07:02 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Guener, I am so sorry to hear about your dad. Stay strong. He is your angel now, and like Willow said- he is proud of you. My thoughts are with you and your family. Hugs.

i just got done with a pretty ugly binge session, and feeling gross. I even gave up chocolate for lent... and ate it tonight. It wasn’t a good day for me, and I def have been turning to food. Especially if I am by myself.

my husbands schedule switched from days to nights. It isn’t going so well. We haven’t been seeing eye to eye... we really don’t even see each other. At this point I feel like he is just a roommate. Our days/nights are completely opposite.
Old 03-11-2019, 11:22 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Oh Bumblebee, sending you a big hug
Old 03-11-2019, 11:48 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry it's been a rough time recently bumblebee.
I reckon you can overcome this too tho

D
Old 03-12-2019, 07:43 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!

John, Solly, Willow, bumblebee, Guener—-and of course our ever faithful Dee!

I posted these pictures on the bedtime gratitude list and I thought I’d share them here for everyone to enjoy. Perhaps it will bring some good feelings in rough times.

This first one is the view out of the kitchen area of the house I’m renting the bedroom from.

The second one is looking back toward where I started to Hiking from last night because I wanted to take a quick walk before the sun went down over the mountains

I’ve been through quite a few rough patches this week and the AV came calling a few times but I dismissed it.

Because we are all going to make our one year we all are going to and I know it!

We are also close together, and even though we don’t post all the time we know we love each other so much and support each other. Without all of your support, and prayers I would not be where I am today.

I started orientation yesterday at the hospital and it seems to be going well. I can’t wait to get to my unit and start the real work.

Guener, It’s also OK if you have feelings that you are relieved about your dad’s death at the same time you are sad about it. You haven’t mentioned it but just in case you’re wondering and you have that feeling, I just thought I’d let you know that it is totally normal.

Bumble, sometimes marriages are like that they just go on a plateau for a while.

One of my favorite stories from my pastor said, “do you know sometimes you’re laying next to your spouse and you wake up in the morning and you look over at them and you think ‘I would just like to bonk them over the head with a baseball bat’, or ‘I wonder what my life would be like and how good I would have it without him/her’”. The pastor said, “what an impossible promise—‘till death do us part...I will love you forever every day’”.

He said those thoughts described above, those Menacing thoughts are normal. Because sometimes love is not a feeling. It is an act. And instead of hitting your spouse over the head with a baseball bat, you put on your slippers and you go downstairs and make coffee.

And you make your spouses coffee the way they like it, and you bring it up to them, and even though you don’t feel like it—you kiss them on the fore head and you gently wake them up and say “I brought you some coffee, good morning”

And you need to do that sometimes for a few days or sometimes for a few weeks. Act like you love them… And guess what? Those feelings will come back!

———-——————————-