SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of March 2016 Part 75 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/434649-class-march-2016-part-75-a.html)

PhoenixJ 12-25-2018 06:11 AM

a safe and peaceful and happy xmas guys

beerbgone 12-25-2018 08:48 AM

Merry Christmas good friends!

ManInTheArena 12-25-2018 03:40 PM

Hope everyone had an awesome Christmas!!

A nice day here, and getting ready to head back east tomorrow for a week to visit family, go to a wedding and do the New Year's thing. I'm thinking it will be a lot to handle, and I'm definitely a little shaky at the moment.

The extended time off from work gives my brain time to wander - to places it shouldn't go. I've been keeping busy all day - preparing food, doing laundry, a couple of long walks. I've spent some time on here, and ran through a few recovery podcasts. It's funny that when my AV visits, it's still at roughly the same time of day - starts around 4:00pm .... if I can make it until 7:00pm I think I am good. Posting here to get these dumb thoughts out of my head.

I've played the tape forward. I know there is nothing good that will happen - only bad. I guess the war is not over. I am ready, though.

LillianGish 12-25-2018 04:19 PM

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you are all having a beautiful day.

LillianGish 12-25-2018 04:21 PM

MITA, hang in there. I know you cannpower through this AV. It so isn’t worth it to drink.

Dee74 12-25-2018 04:34 PM

re-read some old posts MITA. The decision to drink again is a pretty loaded one (no pun intended).

Its not a decision I'd make lightly - and I'd remember that the AV always lies. The promise is never the result.

D

Bobbieka 12-25-2018 04:36 PM

hey, Lillian!

MITA-you can do this. We got your back.

beerbgone 12-25-2018 04:51 PM

MITA don't drink. It's dumb!!!

Purplrks3647 12-25-2018 05:12 PM

Merry Christmas Dear Friends :Xmaspstar

ManInTheArena 12-25-2018 05:48 PM

Merry Christmas, Dear Purps.

Thanks all for the words of support, encouragement and clear thinking. I am doing better now. I know these things don't last long - sometimes they are mild and other times quite a bit stronger. I realize I've never gone a significant amount of time continuously sober - really, right now I am about at my historical best - but you'd think after so many years of trying to get it right I wouldn't have to come here whining like a little boy who needs his mommy when the AV shows up.

Still, I'm glad I did :)

I'll be traveling with a clear head and no shame or remorse tomorrow.

I'm being good, BBG!!

ManInTheArena 12-25-2018 05:50 PM

Lillian, great to "see" you!

Hey Bobbie :) Hey Dee :)

PhoenixJ 12-25-2018 06:02 PM

Keep posting MITA- that always helps me when I get stressed.

PhoenixJ 12-26-2018 03:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Meeting on the hills tonight. Near where I grew up , built family home- lovely.

ManInTheArena 12-26-2018 04:39 AM

THAT, is a beautiful spot for a meeting!

venuscat 12-26-2018 06:38 AM

Happy posts. :) :)
Sober Marchies.....very nice.
We did it guys.....and I think you should be as whiny as you want to be when the AV shows up dear MITA.... :) :hug:

I am freezing and I want to be in Australia. :(

Coffee? xx

Bobbieka 12-26-2018 06:46 AM

Gorgeous place for a meeting, PHX. How was it with your relatives?

MITA - safe travels. Great job yesterday.

Hey Lillian, Purps, BBG, Suze and Dee.

Hi - 13th!

Have a great day everyone. I am back at work. It will be really quiet in my office today.

beerbgone 12-26-2018 07:53 AM

Mornin' everybody. Nice pic PHX.

I'm assuming we've all made it safely through the holiday season so far!!! Right?

New Years is coming up.

Bobbieka 12-26-2018 09:02 AM

How was your first Christmas, Suze?

LillianGish 12-26-2018 12:57 PM

That is a beautiful place in the picture PJ! I hope you had a nice meal with your family, but even if not, I hope you are doing ok anyway. I was just thinking about you and sending good thoughts.

venuscat 12-26-2018 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Bobbieka (Post 7084725)
How was your first Christmas, Suze?

I love you to pieces....thank you for asking....2nd can you believe? I moved here March '17. But I don't do Christmas love....I tried a bit and made sure Nick's kids and family had nice presents, and I got a lovely gift from Nick's aunt....I will find the pic in a sec....other than that, Nick worked and I had a major housework day and made us lovely food. :) Plus we had a great sleep....so that was good. :)

Originally Posted by LillianGish (Post 7084888)
That is a beautiful place in the picture PJ! I hope you had a nice meal with your family, but even if not, I hope you are doing ok anyway. I was just thinking about you and sending good thoughts.

I am always thinking about you love and PJ and Bobbie and gosh all of the Marchies. Just always. So much love honey. :hug: ♥

https://i.imgur.com/MbTsNqs.jpg

You saw it already I think Bobbie love in Kathy's thread xx