Notices

Class of August 2018 Part 8

Old 12-10-2018, 03:30 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

stay with us Barbs - drinking is not going to help anything.

Congratulations Bekindalways

D
Old 12-10-2018, 05:49 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Bekind, congratulations on four months and on passing up that jello shots well done!

You are right Dee. A drink will only make me feel worse and probably do something stupid. I will admit the thought hasn't completely left me, but I am determined to fight it. No matter how long it lingers.
Old 12-10-2018, 07:47 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Barbs View Post
Bekind, congratulations on four months and on passing up that jello shots well done!

You are right Dee. A drink will only make me feel worse and probably do something stupid. I will admit the thought hasn't completely left me, but I am determined to fight it. No matter how long it lingers.
Ugh Barbs. Surf that craving along with the sadness. Sending you lots of warm fuzzies.

I celebrated 4 months with a sushi dinner and a banana for desert beside the fire.

Give Tuesday your best shot lovelies!
Old 12-10-2018, 07:56 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Class, You are all doing so well with your days and months. Those of you who are thinking about the drink again; take it from me; a drink will lead to depression, darkness, and an inability to deal with daily life tasks. That's where I am. Don't go back. I'll be back to class very soon. Just trying to get through another day one, I've been unsuccessful so far. I went to a health/holistic dr. today to try to get some natural remedies for female emotional stuff. I feel hopeful again. I am planning on a new day one tomorrow. You all mean a lot to me and I appreciate you for reaching out and asking about me. It makes me feel loved.

See you soon...maybe even tomorrow.
Old 12-11-2018, 03:12 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Day 15. Ready for you to be back Quit.

Barbs-Hopefully after another night of rest, you have a better idea of how to move forward. Maybe time is the only thing that will help?

Ayers-If you're able to read while you're gone, hope all is going well. Congrats on 4 months BeKind!

Well, it seems as though my mind is starting to clear a little. For the first time in a LONG time, I'm not apprehensive about going to the doctor today. I used to fear that if I went to the doctor, that something would be discovered that was going to be horrible from all the drinking I had done in my life. That result hasn't happened which almost makes me feel like a regular person

So, last year at this time, I had decided that 2018 was going to be alcohol free. While it was not 100% free, in the big picture, it was damn close. A couple or 3 days here or there during the year. This has improved my health dramatically over the year before, mainly with my heart function. I am going to make the same pledge for 2019. If I can continue to improve on 2018, then great! Even better, make it 100%. I didn't work on stopping until after Christmas last year, so I know there are still huge challenges ahead, even though there's less than 3 weeks left in the year. Except for once this year, the times that I did drink were thought out in advance and approved in my mind. Definitely something to think about/work on for the holidays. OK, I'll stop now
Old 12-11-2018, 03:20 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Quit, please stay with us (if that's the right thing for you)! And keep trying … you've done well before and you'll do well again, I just know it!

BeKind! 4 months is amazing. Love the way you celebrate … with a banana!

Good morning to all the Augustonians. My thoughts are with those of you who are struggling, and wishing us all a good day.
Old 12-11-2018, 10:45 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Well, back from the doctor and feeling great! My A1C was so much lower now that he moved me from uncontrolled diabetes to controlled. I couldn't believe it. The motivation to do even better is definitely there now.
Old 12-11-2018, 12:05 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Really happy for you Bob.

Glad you posted Quit. Stay with us.
Old 12-11-2018, 12:06 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Be Kind.....Congratulations!
Old 12-11-2018, 12:53 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Bob, that is great news!

congrats Bekind...sounds like a lovely evening.

I think im actually getting through day one. Not planning on stopping to buy any wine today. Going to go to an appt. and come straight home. Will post here for accountability. What a relief it will be to get over this hurdle.....again.

Would it hurt anyone’s feelings if I joined class of December also? I might need the more active posting early on here.

I feel a bond with many of you so I will remain here, but I think it would be cool to be part of the class month I actually quit in, too.
Old 12-11-2018, 12:56 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

So happy for you Bob. May you have continued good health

Ayers, I hope you are enjoying your vacation. Please check in if you can.

I'm taking my mom out for our annual Christmas dinner. Drinking will be an option. Mom and I used to drink quite heavily together back in the day. She's still likes to have one or two on special occasions. I will not join her. If I have managed the last two nights without a drink, I can manage tonight too.

I hope everyone is hanging in there.
Old 12-11-2018, 12:59 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Quit, good going on day one. Please join as many threads as you need. No feelings hurt here
Old 12-11-2018, 03:08 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Quit

D
Old 12-11-2018, 06:54 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Thanks, Dee. I hope that's the last welcome back post I read from you to me! This has to stick one of these times, right? Thanks for being there.

Well, Finally. I'm going to bed sober tonight and I can't wait to sleep without wine in my system.

I hope you had a nice dinner with mom, Barbs!

Good night, all. It feels good to get back to sobriety.
Old 12-12-2018, 02:55 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Day 16. Barbs-Hope things went well with mom. Hope you had a good nights sleep Quit.

Waking up on a cold morning in Florida with not much to say. Ready to get through hump day!
Old 12-12-2018, 03:18 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Quit, welcome back, you can do it.

Good going Bekind and Bob!

Been just lurking lately. Have a shoulder injury from a bad flu shot (administered improperly) and it’s really wearing me out. Scheduling an MRI. I’m here in spirit however and wish you all the best.
Bonnie
Old 12-12-2018, 03:50 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Glad you're hanging in there, Quit! First days are toughest (as I know too well). I think Sober Saturday mornings are my favorite thing.

Feeling pretty strong today, but I have to stay vigilant. Reading back over our posts, it seems like a lot of us went through a really tough time recently, but things are turning around a little bit. I wish you all well with your daughters and fathers, your emotional struggles, your health concerns, and all the other things that keep us up at night and give the AV power.

Happy sober Wednesday, Augustonians!
Old 12-12-2018, 05:49 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Good morning all.

Dinner with mom last night was so much fun. The food was disappointing but we laughed so much it made up for it.

I'm feeling a bit blah this morning. I have to work today so I can't fit in my regular Wednesday 8 am spin class. But I'm supposed to go to yoga with my neighbor tonight.

Ayers, I hope your having a great time on your vacation.

Zoey maybe some of your strength will pass through internet space and energize me

Thinking of you all.
Old 12-12-2018, 07:34 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Quit, yes, post in December. We hate to lose you but what you are doing is too important not to do everything you can to stay sober.

Barbs, glad you made it through the dinner with your mom with lots of laughter and no alcohol. Keep letting us know how you are doing.

Bob, I'm inordinately pleased with the results from your doctor appointment. In many ways it is why I am here; I want to be part of good stuff happening in the world instead of just watching all the horrible stuff on the news and thinking the world is coming to an end.

I volunteered at our local thrift shop yesterday. Lots of other volunteers and shoppers, so we made some 3k for charity. Getting lunch, I overheard a few people talking about hangovers from Christmas parties. It gave me a moment of gladness to not be experiencing that.
Old 12-12-2018, 08:46 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Quit....do what you need to. Glad you got through day 1. We all know just how hard that can be.
Matrac, hope your shoulder gets better soon. Sounds awful.
Zoey, you sound strong!

Alice, Red, Kit love to hear from you soon.
If you are reading Ayers, hope the holiday is going well.

Be Kind, I agree.....the thoughts of coping with a hangover at the moment just chills me to the bone. I am keeping afloat sober....just. A hangover would definitely tip me back into a serious emotional storm.

Miss you Suze. Hope you taking good care of yourself.