Notices

Class of December 2018 Part 1

Old 12-25-2018, 11:01 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Quick check in ...

7pm... What a perfect day!!!
First sober Xmas in 20 years and I've LOVED it!

The day started with breakfast with my boyfriend and dog all cosy in the living room, opening presents and just having a lovely morning together. Then a walk out, my parents came and we all had a lovely Christmas dinner with all the trimmings with starters and followed by a huge cheese platter with crackers, fruit, nuts etc etc...

I've got some fantastic photos all posted on Facebook already haha, perfect memories created and means so much to be so aware of every little thing. It did feel odd at times, not good or bad just odd... I'm used to waking up and drinking all day Xmas day and the day just being a blur then the next thing it;s New Year and I'm wondering how that time went so quickly!
Today the day seemed so long, in a nice way. It's still fairly early , my parents have gone home now so it's me and my BF and dog with tree lights on, candles, the fire glowing, in PJ's and more foodie treats and herbal teas. I had sparkling elderflower with dinner and didn't miss a thing.

SOBER is the way forward. It is the only way for me now. I pray I stay in this mindset, I must continue to feel this way...

Thinking of you all and will do my usual early morn check in and read / reply more then.

Hope you've all had a good day - Much Love from a very over fed, cosy & content home.

Today is a good day!

May many more follow!

K x
Old 12-25-2018, 11:07 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Hi again class. Strawberry-Just keep it to whatever you already did and maybe the after effects won't be as bad.

So happy to hear all the good stories. We had a nice quiet Christmas morning. No stress, no drama. Very nice. Looking forward to Christmas dinner in a few hours. Once again, no stress, no drama, no booze. Very nice.

Back to work tomorrow, but getting ready to start preparing my vows/resolutions for 2019.
Old 12-25-2018, 01:28 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflower84 View Post
Quick check in ...

7pm... What a perfect day!!!
First sober Xmas in 20 years and I've LOVED it!

The day started with breakfast with my boyfriend and dog all cosy in the living room, opening presents and just having a lovely morning together. Then a walk out, my parents came and we all had a lovely Christmas dinner with all the trimmings with starters and followed by a huge cheese platter with crackers, fruit, nuts etc etc...

I've got some fantastic photos all posted on Facebook already haha, perfect memories created and means so much to be so aware of every little thing. It did feel odd at times, not good or bad just odd... I'm used to waking up and drinking all day Xmas day and the day just being a blur then the next thing it;s New Year and I'm wondering how that time went so quickly!
Today the day seemed so long, in a nice way. It's still fairly early , my parents have gone home now so it's me and my BF and dog with tree lights on, candles, the fire glowing, in PJ's and more foodie treats and herbal teas. I had sparkling elderflower with dinner and didn't miss a thing.

SOBER is the way forward. It is the only way for me now. I pray I stay in this mindset, I must continue to feel this way...

Thinking of you all and will do my usual early morn check in and read / reply more then.

Hope you've all had a good day - Much Love from a very over fed, cosy & content home.

Today is a good day!

May many more follow!

K x
Amazing! It's also my first sober Xmas in 20 years but I'm much earlier in the process than you it seems. But I loved your post. So uplifting. Keep it going!
Old 12-25-2018, 03:59 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

Sober Xmas done yey
Old 12-25-2018, 04:26 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi strawberry - never give up - I know it's hard to be sober when everyone around you isn't but I still think you can do this...maybe you need to add something to your action plan?

I'm glad to see so many people had a good sober Xmas

D
Old 12-25-2018, 05:04 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Best Christmas in a long time . So happy and pleased today. All I know is that I was present in the moment. No drama, no regrets. Everyone was happy, and the day went splendidly. Need more of these happy days.

Merry Christmas friends.
Old 12-25-2018, 05:38 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Got into this in March this year, posted some messages in that class, and then relapsed. Had two months of sobriety last summer, relapsed again. Now I'm sober since December 3rd, so I got 23 days under my belt right now.

Good luck to everyone, will be posting with you guys soon.
Old 12-25-2018, 06:22 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome ChopStickCheese

D
Old 12-25-2018, 06:54 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Welcome to our class ChopStickCheese! Great job on 23 days!

Wow, Christmas is winding down here. My hubby cracked open one of the last few beers we have in the house and I have no want for one at all. I had a wonderful time with my in-laws today eating and playing board games. It was wonderful.
I have a few stressors coming tomorrow, but I am determined to remain sober. Drinking would make everything really bad.

Strawberry I'm thinking of you! Last day 1 today can be yours!

Great job staying sober Stubbs and Eve!

Bob I hope you are feeling better to go back to work tomorrow.
Old 12-25-2018, 08:29 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

So glad to be going to bed sober.
Good night Angry Elves!
Hope to see more of you that haven't posted in a few days post tomorrow. You are missed!
Old 12-25-2018, 10:06 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Do your best

Strawberry you are 100% NOT a letdown

In this together
Old 12-25-2018, 10:09 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Administrator

to anyone new to monthly threads we generally close each thread at about 500 posts and open a new Part Two straight away.

Join us here for Part Two of this thread
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-part-2-a.html

D