Notices

Class of December 2018 Part 1

Old 12-19-2018, 02:25 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Hi Robbie. Sorry to hear that you don't feel well Great job on the Christmas shopping.
Old 12-19-2018, 02:46 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you feel better soon Robbie

D
Old 12-19-2018, 04:30 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Hey everyone. I made it through day 1. Now trying to sleep but feel so anxious. I have been up all day. I thought sleep would come easy. Obviously not.
Old 12-19-2018, 04:50 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  
nmd

Good work getting through the day sweetichick!
Old 12-19-2018, 05:03 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Hope day 2 goes as smoothly as as yesterday. Ton of work as most of the team is going on holidays, plus I have the kids this week. They will keep me busy!
Old 12-19-2018, 05:07 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Thinking New Year plans!

Sat drinking a liver detox herbal tea and thinking about the New Year. I'm not bothered about celebrating New Years Eve so I thought we could share thoughts and ideas on bringing in a good start to the new year and celebrate the 1st day of a new year as we all mean to go on, SOBER!!!

Funds are tight for us right now so I'm not thinking extravagant things, just trying to come up with ideas to make the day a nice one, something to mark bringing in a good sober year!

Even maybe a nice walk and lunch but let's try and get some ideas together between us and share our thoughts and plans!?!?

K x
Old 12-19-2018, 06:26 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Starting day 6 here and finally starting to feel human again. It felt so good to wake up this morning tired but not hungover. Been to an AA meeting and saw my councillor this week. I’ve made it this far so many times and I always failed but this time I don’t have the option of failure. I dont have a way out or an excuse I can use to drink. Doesn’t matter if I’m having a horrible day I will not find any reason to drink anymore. I am going to deal with my issues instead of numbing them. Hope everybody has a great day.
Old 12-19-2018, 06:55 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Hello All, I’m going to join all of you on this journey. I’ve been in a few classes this past year, but determined to make December 2018 my final class. I really want to get through the holidays sober and have a sober 2019 and beyond.

I had 54 days earlier this year, then 35. Something always gets the best of me and I end up thinking I need the wine. Well, I hate the stuff and I’m so mad at what it keeps doing to me. I must stop. Back to drinking in secret; hiding the little bottles, and trying to be on my best behavior at night, so my family doesn’t know. I’m tired. I’m overweight, not running. I’ve been here before. I need this to be the last attempt.

So Day 1 is today. I look forward to getting to know you all in the coming days. I’ll try to read back a few days when I get some time on my lap top.

Hi Kit!
Old 12-19-2018, 07:12 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Welcome sweetie chick, timeforchange, quitnow and anyone else new I missed.

Im glad to see the class get new members. We can do this together.
Old 12-19-2018, 07:45 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome sweetichick, Quitnow, and Timeforchange

Kit, I love your idea to share New Year's ideas. I'll put my thinking cap on!

Day 4 for me.

Last edited by BlueWellies; 12-19-2018 at 07:48 AM. Reason: added days sober
Old 12-19-2018, 08:31 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Wow!!!! Just realised a scary fact!!! I haven't had a sober Xmas / New Year for 20 years!!!

That is scary.
I feel ashamed, all the more determined now to make this now a SOBER celebration! Clarity, wellbeing and peace of mind are my main focus.

I'm 34 now and started drinking at 14, early I know but a lot happened around that time that lead me to all this possibly, who knows...

I wasn't an alcoholic back then obviously but thats when I started partying and drinking a lot when I did drink.

Please lets get sharing plans and ideas for a healthy, happy sober New Years Eve / Day group I'm more interested in getting up early on the 1st and doing something nice then.

K x
Old 12-19-2018, 08:42 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Kit you can so this!

I think here NYE we will have a ton of snacks and have a board game night with movies playing in the background. No booze allowed, but we will have some kind of sparkling juice for everyone at midnight.
On NYD we will go to the theater and see a movie, maybe shop a little with Christmas money and have a nice lunch or dinner at a local restaurant.
Old 12-19-2018, 08:50 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Sounds good Citrus

I've just found a really nice scenic walk pretty local so we're doing that New Years Day morning (weather permitting) we'll take a flask of coffee and take in the views then maybe seeing a movie sounds good for the afternoon / evening.

Not too bothered about N Years Eve so will just be a cosy night In, some nice food, non alcoholic drinks, candles and xmas lights and maybe a board game or something too.
Old 12-19-2018, 09:00 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

A walk in the morning sounds fantastic! And is definitely something worth staying sober for. Who wants to take a nice walk hungover.
Old 12-19-2018, 09:23 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  
RC2

Thought I would take Dee up on the invite and join Dec thread. Have 35 days today but been here more times than I care to count. Took a pass on the work holiday party last night. No regrets there social situations have tripped me up too many times.
Old 12-19-2018, 09:27 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Welcome RC2 and congrats on 35 days! Good job saying no to the party to protect your sobriety.
Old 12-19-2018, 12:27 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Morning everyone from Australia. I can't think past Christmas let alone New year's. It was great to wake up sober though I am missing my morning pick me up Thanks Kit for mentioning green tea. I drank some yesterday and felt better. Coffee I have cut out except for mornings.
Everyone I know will be drinking New year's Eve so I will just stay home.
Welcome to all the newcomers. We can all do this together. Planning on putting my stash of empty bottles in the bin today. I think they are triggering me. Thanks for welcoming me to this group.
Old 12-19-2018, 12:48 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

I've hit my witching hour. I've got the kettle on for tea and I think I will make some peanut butter cookies. So glad that there is no booze in the house at the moment. I'm sure not going out to get any. I'll stick close to SR. I really, really want to be sober.
Old 12-19-2018, 01:19 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

I hate the witching hour. Mine is from 2 till 5. Sounds like you have a great plan though.
Old 12-19-2018, 01:43 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Mine is around the same time also, sometimes extends a bit longer. I'm feeling quite a bit better now. Still worried the cravings could come back. I've got another hour or two left.