Notices

Class of September 2018 Part 3

Old 01-20-2019, 02:41 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Very relaxing thanks !

Morning all. Taking my daughter for lunch at a Sri Lankan (that I am sure I have mentioned before) then in this afternoon. To London tomorrow, another train journey, Im looking forward to the sights in the city
Old 01-20-2019, 05:43 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Very hectic day yesterday. Up at 330 to get flight . Arrived, picked up rental, find hotel, get acclimated to the resort and grocery store for things for room. Finally got down to the pool to relax @ 230. We were all exhausted from traveling and being up so early. Got dinner and we're all out cold by 930.
Getting snow storm then deep freeze to 3'F tonight at home, so 60' and sunny here is a blessing.
Family agreed not to want to make this trip very busy, just relax and enjoy the weather.
Just got wifi working on my tablet and grabbed a coffee. Think I'll go for a walk while everyone is still resting.
Have a great day all. I'll check in tonight.
Old 01-20-2019, 10:48 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

That's great Final! Enjoy the sunshine and rest
Old 01-20-2019, 03:01 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Glad the sun is shinning for you Final

Had a busy morning and a relaxing afternoon, gosh I love Sundays! I hope you are all having a super, sober weekend.

Old 01-20-2019, 10:47 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Oh, I could do with some winter sun. Just got on bus after waiting in mist and cold...I do love England but the winters I find depressing. Dark dark dark

I’m off to London today, business meetings with two people. If you’d told me five years I’d be going to London for business meetings...ha! Lunch with first guy and 3.30 with second, not a whiff of alcohol in site

Teain on way back always a bit risky but manageable (of course).

Have a a good day folks
Old 01-21-2019, 05:59 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  

I don't miss those dark winters....it was warm, sunny, and 73 degrees in Phoenix yesterday! It's only getting to 63 today, I will feel cold

A good day to do some baking! Make it a great one everybody
Old 01-21-2019, 09:27 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Well, it's not very warm but making best of it. Booked a fishing trip for my son and I this morning. 40'F . Had a good time and my son caught a huge largemouth bass. Sun was shining but still feel cold. In hotel room trying to warm my bones. Except for first day it's too cool for pool or water park. It still goes by too fast though.
My wife and youngest have been waiting for us to get back to do something so I'm back out shortly. Just took a break to check in with you guys.
Hope you're all doing well. God, I can't wait for winter to end.
Old 01-21-2019, 10:29 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Its been minus 32 here, and snowbanks higher then me, if that makes you feel any better
Old 01-21-2019, 10:30 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  

This weekend was hard! I'm so happy I didn't give in and still have my sobriety.
Looking forward to a brand new week, have a great week guys.
Old 01-21-2019, 11:02 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Keep going.
Keep going.
Keep going.
Keep going.
Keep going.

"But I'm close to where I was. I want to go back it feels safer there."

No you don't. You just need to rest. And breathe. And think of what you really need. And breathe. And stay here until you gain your strength. Remember your goal. And then...

Keep going

Keep going

Keep going
Old 01-21-2019, 11:03 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  

And do nothing but breathe if you have to... but... keep going... keep going.. keep going...
Old 01-21-2019, 02:35 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  
Administrator

Allen Carrs book ended much the same way.

I've not read it yet, but I guess This Naked Mind, like Allen Carr, wants to appeal to all drinkers rather than just alcoholics, but yeah it's weird after trashing alcohol for so many chapters to end there.

Congrats to everyone moving forward
D.
Old 01-22-2019, 05:16 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Heading home tonight. Looking forward to it. I have such a hard time relaxing. I'm a service tech, so when I get calls while I'm away I get stressed out. Just can't turn it off. It's very hard for me to take time off. One of the reasons I'm looking for a career change.
Shut my phone off yesterday. But I also have to turn ME off to relax. Just who I am to always be worried about my customers. I even returned calls when I got back to hotel to the frown on my wife's face.
Need to get back to the comfort of my routine. I'm definitely very out of sorts right now. Like a scared kid who wants the comfort and safety of a familiar environment.
Last day always gets me worked up too. Making sure to return car and get to airport on time. Sad vacation is over and feeling it's not long enough.
I know I'm giving off a very different vibe right now and that's how I feel. Not feeling like myself. Why can't I just relax like normal people? Aargh!
Sorry if I'm upsetting anyone. Hold on hopeful!
Old 01-22-2019, 06:18 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Safe travels Finalround, you will be home before you know it.....I have trouble truly relaxing on a long weekend trip too, so I try to take less trips per year and make them a little longer (at least 7 days). I need more time to unwind, and 3-4 days just isn't gonna cut it.

Happy Tuesday everyone, we can do anything, sober!
Old 01-22-2019, 11:52 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Don't be too hard on yourself Final.
Things take time.
This is a new life.
You will find a way to relax and to figure it all out.. one day at a time. You are doing really great.
Old 01-22-2019, 11:56 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

It's good you are doing self-reflection. But remember it also the first year and you have an entire life to figure everything out.
Congratulate yourself for making it through these trips sober and being an awesome dad and husband. Its going to get better and more relaxing and you are going to figure out everything in time
Old 01-22-2019, 11:58 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  

First year= not always relaxing
you will find the tools and new things that help you be your best self
Old 01-22-2019, 12:13 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  

I find the end of trips depressing too. It feels like a tease sometimes, and like I don't want to return yet to daily life.
I guess just knowing that there are a lot of great sober trips to look forward to in the future, and adventures. Woot Woot
Old 01-22-2019, 01:11 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Wow Bumboid that is nice that you are able to be there, and present, for your daughter. 14 wow that can be a challenging time in life, the emotions and hormones and everything can be so overwhelming. It means the world that you are there and sober! I can't think of anything that would be more beneficial for her. Great job DAD! woo hoo
You are doing really really awesome.!

I'm still reading This Naked Mind. I ended up getting the ebook because it was only 9.99 I like it, and I feel like anything and everything that helps I want to utilize.

There has been so much snow and freezing temperatures here that I feel like I've spent more time in the house, I'm going to get out it is just so unappealing.

I'm worried about Ben too.
Old 01-22-2019, 01:11 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  

What book are you going to try next Bumboid?