Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 417

Old 11-11-2018, 01:05 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Checking in at 4:05 am from Ashburn, VA, USA.
Old 11-11-2018, 01:22 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Another 24 hours please.

Had a good night at the gig. Got another coming up in 12 days. I do like my live shows.

Today is day 133.
Old 11-11-2018, 01:43 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

In for another 24 hours please at 4:42 am.

Have a good day all!
Old 11-11-2018, 02:00 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Morning all. Its 10am here in the UK. Please count me in for another 24 hours sober and clean. Congratulations to those celebrating a milestone, my thoughts and prayers go out to those suffering and struggling.

We will remember them. 11/11/1918.
Old 11-11-2018, 02:09 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

In for 24
Old 11-11-2018, 02:45 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by erfra7 View Post
Yippee it is Saturday oh not it is cleaning time
van done _/
laundry done _/
Winter tires on_/
Room clean_/
Living room clean_/
Washroom and kitchen left.
My Meli is here today she likes to spend time with boring old Grampa who knew.
24 more for this grateful alcoholic soul.
I highly doubt you are boring Erfra.
Nice work on all the cleaning and chores! Hope you can get some R&R today
Old 11-11-2018, 02:53 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
It's past midnight and I'm so irritated. I'm irritating myself with my irritation. And I don't know what has caused it. I went out tonight with my husband to watch one of our favourite comedians at Wembley arena and it was great. But at some point whilst we were waiting for the train home, I became really irritated and grumpy. My husband had had a few beers but that doesn't usually irritate me. He definitely wasn't drunk. I think maybe I'm tired and ill. I'm not bouncing back from this chest infection as quickly as I thought I would and I've been busier than ever recently and maybe this irritation is my body's way of telling me that I need to rest. My husband is watching tv in the living room even though it's really late. ... I think my irritation has driven a wedge between us tonight. I'm going to go to sleep and try to take it a bit easy tomorrow. The thing is.... the kids will wake me up early in the morning and I'll have to get their homework done with them and then do the grocery shopping and I'll get all that done before my husband even gets up. Because since I stopped drinking, I get up super early which is great but also means I end up doing loads of stuff around the house before he wakes. And I think that's adding to this irritation. But I think the main reason is because I'm ill. And I'm sorry this is so moany and blah ... as I said at the beginning, I'm irritating myself. But at least I'm sober and feeling real emotion and that's far better than being drunk and not knowing what's real and what's fake. Right, I'm going to sleep. Goodnight world.... hopefully I'll be a less irritated version of myself when I wake up. Love to everyone and 24 more for me please xxxx
Hi Kenton- it's okay to have a bad day or an off moment, try not to judge it. Sickness makes even the kindest person feel lousy and on top of that it sounds like you might be harboring some resentment. I do this a LOT with my husband- I feel like I do too much, or like "I'm doing it all" even though I know that isn't true.

My advice would be to have a sit down with him and just tell him how you are feeling. You might find that just getting it out helps you feel better. It also sounds like a lot of this is a struggle between accepting him for being a drinker/late sleeper and judging him for it because in reality, you judge yourself for the same behavior you perhaps used to do before getting sober? Just a thought. I would have a very hard time living with a partner who still drank and especially with one who slept in like that. I am up at 4:30 these days! I get it.

Could you make a deal with him next weekend that you do the grocery shopping and he does the homework? I find when I split things up with my husband I feel better and he actually feels like he is being a great parent as well (it boosts his confidence a lot.)

I hope you feel better today, mentally and physically.

Lastly- have you ever tried to Reiki an issue? You can write it down on a piece of paper, for example- resentment over husband drinking or sleeping in- and then Reiki it just like you would do a distance healing. You can even have a box of multiple issue that you Reiki.

Lots of love and light dear friend!!
Old 11-11-2018, 02:53 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Checking in for another 24.
Old 11-11-2018, 02:55 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Today is 11/11- a powerful day for manifesting your heart's desires!!

"11/11, referred to by some mystics as the Gateway time of the year when a doorway opens to the divine and our manifestation powers go into high gear. So of all days: Think only about what you want, and stop that pesky worrying! "

Here is an article with steps you can do to manifest:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/chris...b_8525328.html
Old 11-11-2018, 02:59 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

24 more please

Good morning sober friends- I was up at 4:30 again and happy to start off the day with some beautiful silence. When my husband is also up early (he goes in 6 today) I put my earplugs in so that I feel like I am the only one awake in the house- it keeps me sane and balanced.

I did some Reiki on the boys after I got up and plan on reading for 30 minutes before they get up. I haven't been reading because I've been going to bed at 8:30 for the past week and I usually read in bed at night.

I am doing well with the food and lost any weight I had gained. I have been lifting less at the gym (I got tendinitis) and added 2 days of spinning plus one day of yoga. Not sure what I am going to do at the gym today but I will be taking the boys this morning. Then I work from 3-8:30.

Have a great Sunday everyone!!
Old 11-11-2018, 03:02 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

24 more please...love to All
Old 11-11-2018, 03:02 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by quitter62 View Post
Been absent for a bit, SUPER BUSY as always. Just finished up a temporary promotion detail at work that has kept me hopping on top of all of my home projects.

Rapidly approaching 2 years and feeling better than ever!!!!!

Getting new TEETH soon so that’s FUN. The kind you can soak in a glass at night! Ha Ha!

Also a bunch of medical checkups just because I haven’t been good about going to the doctor for the last 10 years.

24 More is the Plan of the Day........
I love the energy in your post! You sound great!
Old 11-11-2018, 03:40 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Signing up for 24 hours drink and drug free. 6:40am in Jacksonville, Florida!!

Congratulations to all those celebrating milestones today!!
Old 11-11-2018, 03:47 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

24 more.
Old 11-11-2018, 04:08 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats to everyone recommitting to recovery today

D
Old 11-11-2018, 04:34 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

It's 6:34 AM and I'm in for another sober 24.
Old 11-11-2018, 04:39 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Good morning, everyone. I’ll take another day of sobriety! Let’s all have a sober day.
Old 11-11-2018, 04:43 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

In for 24 more!!
Old 11-11-2018, 04:43 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Hello,

I would love another 24 hours. Love waking up on a grey, chilly morning with no hangover. It never, ever gets old. Sending love to everyone.

Red
Old 11-11-2018, 04:52 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Closing in on 8:00 am in the DC area. Coffee in progress then heading out for a chilly run. Another 24 for me to round out first sober weekend in awhile.