Notices

Class of November 2018 Part 1

Old 11-03-2018, 02:52 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hi all. I'm gonna join this class. This is not my first class here at SR by a long shot but I need to make it my last. This is actually day 2 for me. I went on a wine rampage Thursday night that I never want to do again.

Not sure what my plan is right now. For today, it's to not drink. I came close to going to the store and buying something but instead I came home and that's where I'm going to stay. About to eat some pizza and then take a late afternoon nap.

I look forward to getting to know all of you better. Thanks for being here.
Old 11-03-2018, 04:11 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Casey
thinking about AA? you did pretty good there IIRC?

D
Old 11-03-2018, 04:12 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to you too Hardinge

D
Old 11-03-2018, 06:02 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

The greatest blessing is that our hope and our courage is so incredibly strong....that is maybe what it means to be human.....I am just so grateful to see Casey today and all of you in this fantastic November class thread.

I am repetitive, I know, but I always say this: We Do This Together. ♥

Welcome November class....so very glad that you are all here. s
Old 11-03-2018, 07:07 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hang In there TeeJayVerm - just do tomorrow what you did today

D
Sounds so crazy it just might work.

Today has been easier and haven't given alcohol much though at all (despite being on Day 4). I did a ton of yard work today so I got the heart rate up during the "yardio" session. Exercise seems to provide a big boost of confidence and relaxation of the nerves.

The "30 Day Sobriety Solution" seems to be helping me a lot this time! Today was focused on forgiving myself and others for the past. Every day, there's a new topic accompanied by writing exercises.
Old 11-03-2018, 07:23 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

@TeeJayVerm, I just downloaded the 30 Day Sobriety Solution yesterday and will start reading it tomorrow.
Old 11-03-2018, 07:56 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I just finished 15 days sober. Today was good because I got some support from my wife. We are on an overnight trip visiting her family right now and I'm the only one not drinking. This morning she went to the store and I asked her to buy me Sprite which she did. Then later at the resort she told me the club house has other sodas including cherry 7up if I wanted something to drink other than Sprite. I thought that was really nice of her and had her bring me a can back.

On day 9 of my sobriety she came home with a pint of whiskey and Pepsi. That was not very helpful. I told her I didn't want it. To be fair, I never told her I quit drinking, I just quit drinking. Of course she noticed, I didn't drink for 9 days and I pretty much drink every day. It's odd we are not talking about it. I guess neither of us know what to say.
Old 11-03-2018, 10:10 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Morning all from day 2 . Feeling good .
Im
truing to loose eight at the moment and since May when I havnt been drinking all summer I lost 10 kilos . I have put one kilo back on in the 2 days I drank this week !!! Beer !!!!
looasing this last 4 kilos is my motivation to stay sobor !
Old 11-04-2018, 01:19 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, I'm in too. I recognise so many familiar faces here again.

I'm pretty desperate but hiding in the background as ashamed and embarrassed I've been here so many time on day 1 or day 30 and just can't seem to get beyond a certain point. I've had 30 days, even 50 days this year but the bad memories fade and drinking seems so attractive I just pick up again. Nothing is ever different though, oh I'll just drink is an illusion. 2 bottles of wine a night is far from normal. I know nothing will ever change and the only solution is NEVER to drink.

I'm on day 7 now and would like to join this class. I've not joined before purely because I was embarrassed to be here again. Had a pretty bad week withdrawal wise and physically. The worst ever which shows just how much this thing gets worse. Still feel like I've been kicked in the back and shoulders but the headache has eased and I slept well last night.

Going for a long walk today and will check in later. Now off to read all the posts in this class and get to know you all.
Thanks for having me
RAL
Old 11-04-2018, 01:40 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Allishope=congrats on a week sober. Hope you are feeling the benefits already and got the worst of the withdrawals behind you.

TJM-hope you got through the weekend in your home state intact. the more we do these things the easier it gets.

Strawberry-hello again. hope you are getting on ok. congrats on day 2. I've lost 4 pounds this week which is just WOW. shows how much weight booze puts on us.

Citrus - hi again and hope all is well with you too.

Jumper-thanks for your story. and congrats on your sober time. Hope you feel better this morning. I'm havign crazy dreams too. Sleep will come eventually.

Hello to everyone else. Hope you all have a good day/night wherever in the world you are.
RAL
Old 11-04-2018, 01:15 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Well day 7 is in the bag! Dropped 2kg too. See ya tomorow
Old 11-04-2018, 02:13 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Sat outside making a bbq in the sun. I'm happy I never have to feel hungover ever again. It's my call.
Hi RAL we were in decber class last year right ?
Hello to everyone else . We will fight this together
Old 11-04-2018, 02:54 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome RAL

D
Old 11-04-2018, 05:03 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Strawberry18 View Post
Sat outside making a bbq in the sun. I'm happy I never have to feel hungover ever again. It's my call.
Hi RAL we were in decber class last year right ?
Hello to everyone else . We will fight this together
Hi Strawberry Yes we were, in August too I think. Sun sounds good. It's a lovely day here too.
Old 11-04-2018, 05:03 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Welcome RAL

D
Thanks Dee, hope all is well with you.
Old 11-04-2018, 05:10 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Ral let's hopt this class sticks !!!!! And is our last !
Old 11-04-2018, 05:24 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Good morning! Welcome newcomers and those coming back. Checking in on day 3. Finally feeling better.

Dealing with some family issues. It’s important to my sobriety. Nothing like family to drive you crazy.

Look forward to getting to know y’all better
Old 11-04-2018, 05:43 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Definitely Strawberry

Hello Bluedog.

Had a decent walk this morning. Now off chop some wood and clean up outside. Might as well make use of the sunshine!
Old 11-04-2018, 05:48 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Day 26, almost at 30 days. I started a new job this past week and it's been keeping me so busy that I haven't even thought about alcohol. Overtime hours for the first three weeks while I train, and a great benefits package starting in December at which point I will likely look into some sort of therapy.

For now exercise, work, good food and saving money are all priorities that help me stay sober. I imagine it will be a bit of a stoic winter, working hard and rebuilding myself.
Old 11-04-2018, 06:46 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Does anyone else have this? When I see someone on TV drinking wine or I'm reading a book and someone pours a wine in the book or even reading a thread on here about someone just enjoying 1 glass of wine - it really makes me want it too. I have to switch off my mind to it and say I will not drink and then these situations occur that normalize it.