Notices

Class of February 2016 Part 24

Old 03-18-2020, 02:14 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Huge congrats on four years, August! I'm so happy for all of us who have done so well. The more time that goes by, the more grateful I am for this class! Thanks again, everyone, and thanks especially to you, August.
Old 03-18-2020, 08:32 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Hi Febs! How are you OOTT? Scary stuff. I cant imagine going through this crazy time still drinking, right?. Sounds inconceivable
Anyone snag some hand sanitizer? San Diego county is out.
Jeni, Dee, August.. are yall self isolating?

Stay safe!
Old 03-18-2020, 08:53 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi PL

Still something resembling normal here apart from the insane panic buying.

There are times I have to go out - no online delivery of groceries here at the moment - but I've cut those trips down from every day to once or twice a week. Social distancing I guess.

Still well. No sign of the virus near me

D
Old 04-18-2020, 02:49 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Hey Febs, just checking in. Everything is fine with me, I hope all of you are doing well in quarantine. Crazy times to be sure!
Old 08-06-2020, 02:08 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Hey Febs, just seeing if anyone is still around. PM if you want! Still wading through COVID like everyone else. I'll be glad to get back to normal.
August, I read elsewhere that you have left SR. I hope you'll check in now and then.
Old 08-06-2020, 04:12 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Administrator

hey OOTT - what do you think of Scarlet - the new/old Stones/Jimmy Page tune?

D
Old 08-06-2020, 11:22 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

I love it, Dee, great tune, and it's so great to hear that level of musicianship from when Jimmy and Keith were at their peak.
I have probably 40 or 50 Stones bootlegs, including lots of studio outtakes, and it's pretty much accepted that Scarlet was never leaked. No one had heard it until now, which is amazing since so much Stones and Zep material has been bootlegged over the years.
Old 08-06-2020, 11:30 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah I thought you'd like it. I'm hanging out to hear the other two 'lost' ones too

D
Old 08-07-2020, 01:45 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Hi OOTT and Dee.

All good here. Lots of changes going on but positive ones, and still working my way through the whole COVID thing. I didn’t know August had left, hope she’s OK. I wonder about everyone else who was part of our little group too.

felt good to pass the 4.5 year mark, and am looking forward to reaching 5 years in Feb.

love to everyone ❤️
Old 08-07-2020, 02:14 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Jeni! I'm glad you're doing OK

D
Old 08-27-2020, 07:44 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Hi guys! Read above, hope August is OK? Everyone else ? Friends and family ok? I have been working from home and then we got the back out there notice rather abruptly, a bit weird. I interact with dozens of front line professionals every day... so a bit nervewracking on top of severe asthma. Well I guess the quarantine 15 lbs will come off! Thankful daily not to be drinking nor have the slightest urge during these horrible times. 2020 be done. Dee how is your almost spring?
Old 08-27-2020, 02:08 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Administrator

All good here PL -

D
Old 09-03-2020, 02:35 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Hey everyone! The SoberRecovery birthday email reminded me that I haven't checked in for a long while (at least a year?). I'm doing pretty well, I last minute decided to extend my studies before the pandemic hit and I'm very glad I'm now not graduating this year. I'm currently looking into finding work to fund my postgrad studies. I'm undecided on whether I'll launch straight into a PhD next year or work in a lab for a little while, but either way I want to finally leave my hometown and it'll be good to go away with a nice little nest egg.

As for drinking, I've realised that it's not really a go to crutch for me anymore. I had a very intense relationship during lockdown that ended last month in a really ugly way. It really hurt and a few years ago I would have turned to alcohol to get me through it, but I really wasn't interested in doing that this time around. It's nice to see these little signs of growth every now and then.

Hope everyone is okay, whether you still check in on here or not!
Old 09-12-2020, 11:06 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Hey OT, great to hear from you. It's great you're thinking about going on to a PhD. I went on to get my grad degree and it was the best decision I made as far as academics go.
Who would have guessed that just four short years after Feb 2016 we'd be doing so well, and surviving and thriving. I'm still amazed to have survived.
Sorry about the end of your relationship. I went through several and it's never easy.
Old 09-12-2020, 11:15 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jeni26 View Post
Hi OOTT and Dee.

All good here. Lots of changes going on but positive ones, and still working my way through the whole COVID thing. I didn’t know August had left, hope she’s OK. I wonder about everyone else who was part of our little group too.

felt good to pass the 4.5 year mark, and am looking forward to reaching 5 years in Feb.

love to everyone ❤️
Jeni,
I tried to get hold of August by leaving a message with Ben's Friends, but it was pretty vague so I don't know if it actually ever got to her. I'm still in contact with Badger and Lee and they're doing well.
Things are crazy at work as usual, and I'm in the fire zone on the west coast of the US and it's extremely smokey with low visibility. Lots of people are getting bad headaches from the smoke. I haven't had to evacuate but friends in Oregon have had to leave their house due to close by fires.
I'm really looking forward to five years of sobriety in February. I still can't believe what an incredible experience this has been. The Feb class has been so wonderful.
Old 09-12-2020, 11:15 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to hear from both you guys

D
Old 09-12-2020, 11:23 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PennyLane76 View Post
Hi guys! Read above, hope August is OK? Everyone else ? Friends and family ok? I have been working from home and then we got the back out there notice rather abruptly, a bit weird. I interact with dozens of front line professionals every day... so a bit nervewracking on top of severe asthma. Well I guess the quarantine 15 lbs will come off! Thankful daily not to be drinking nor have the slightest urge during these horrible times. 2020 be done. Dee how is your almost spring?
Hi PennyLane, great to see your post. Like I just wrote to Jeni (I should have used the multi quote function), it's super smokey where I live from fires. No asthma, but I went home from work on Friday with a really bad headache. Oregon has really been hit hard and there are people who are missing, so there are probably going to be fatalities. Between this and covid, I'm grateful to be sober. Like we used to say in high school, Class of Feb 2016 rules!!
Old 01-13-2021, 10:08 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Coming up on five years of being sober on February 3, 2021.
Old 01-13-2021, 11:51 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Administrator

that's great going OOTT

D
Old 01-20-2021, 11:06 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Me too on the 1st. Wow, good going. I never thought it would be possible!❤️