Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 416

Old 11-03-2018, 06:03 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tynesider22 View Post
Another 24 hours please.

I'm off to a gig tonight. I've always enjoyed live music, that hasn't changed, but I am leaving myself open to an attack from my AV. Going to stay strong though and just enjoy the show.
Tynesider I have just one word (okay 3 times) plan plan plan! You know already that there is some risk so can you out some things in place?
Drive - that's a biggie and I always volunteer to be the chauffeur any time I feel vulnerable. Not only does it put a barrier in the way but it can prevent any awkward questioning if you are challenged on your choice to not drink alcohol.
As a fellow Tynesider myself (okay I absconded to Yorkshire 20 years ago) I know what those Geordies are like for their booze! Protect yourself tonight please and I for one would be happy if you felt the need to message me any time.
Protect your sobriety tonight like your life depends on it and I hope you come back tomorrow having had a wonderful time!
Old 11-03-2018, 06:09 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  

In for another 24
Old 11-03-2018, 06:18 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Good morning dear friends. I've just come back from a lovely walk in the woods with Mabel. For a change I wandered away from my normal path and just wandered where the fancy took me. It felt much more like a little mini adventure and as a consequence me and the pooch had much more fun. I think I would benefit from trying little daring things in general a bit more. I am so stuck in my routine (which protects me for sure) but perhaps I might try to stray a little more often.
Darling Kenton I did wonder if you would have a little time of it yesterday. They are strange days sometimes - big milestones. Huge to us but then again just another wonderfully ordinary day. That's why being part of this community is so hugely important. We are one another's cheerleaders and although I feel a little silly sometimes getting a "congrats" from you guys can genuinely make an otherwise down day a special one. The thread/post yo wrote yesterday was very special Kenton and I thank you for being a huge part of my own recovery.
Neoo your news about the medication is testament to how far you have come too. I know you will be sensible and if you feel vulnerable as you reduce you medication you know that your doctor will support you I'm sure
Just sitting here getting ahead of my work as it is Russell's dad's funeral on Monday. Although it will inevitably end up being quite a boozy affair I am literally there to support my man and need to get back for the girls finishing school so I have no anxiety or fear about it. It is this kind of thing that would have been a near impossibility when I was drinking. Very grateful to be with you all on the other side, living life whatever it throws at us. 24 please from a very grateful alcoholic
Old 11-03-2018, 06:46 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Thanks Jo and it sounds like you had a nice little adventure today
Old 11-03-2018, 07:05 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Neoo View Post
Thanks Jo and it sounds like you had a nice little adventure today
Yes it was great although how such a small dog can have me bright red in the face and huffing and puffing I will never know! She's lively!

How's the house getting along?
Old 11-03-2018, 07:07 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Minion09 View Post
Well it’s is the weekend!! 24 more please! Windy and kind of rainy but we’re sober and that’s perfection! Yesterday I was off from work, much needed time away from crazy. I decided I would clean out the drawers and closet. 4 bags of old stuff that I haven’t worn in months. A cleansing to get cleaned up, to reflect on lbs lost and things being way to big. I was holding on to them in case, you know?... but I don’t want to get back there weight wise from drinking so instead of holding onto those things I purged and let them go... motivating to say the least! Hit 4 meetings at my club in-between the cleaning just because I was off and could give back by being present. Thing is it was sooo encouraging to see folks I don’t normally see in my week and to see how great they are doing. Celebrated milestones and just relaxed with my new found family. Today I will go to my home group and then chill with friends. Good all around! Have a super day everyone! Together we are stronger! Much love!��
I messed up didn't I and missed your milestone....I am so sorry love.
And SO happy for you.... ♥♥♥♥

Guys.....I am missing LOTS of dates.....I am going to go through the whole list later on today.....please help me by letting me know your date if I don't have it, or if I have it wrong.

So much love to everyone.
Old 11-03-2018, 07:12 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RedBerryJuniper View Post
Happy Saturday, and happy birthday to Mother! It’s a lovely, cool Saturday morning and I’m waiting for some daylight to get out and enjoy it. I woke up rehashing some old hurts but I am going to start my day over. I’m better off without that person in my life.

Need to stay focused on the great life that sobriety has brought me, and enjoy those I love. This is a safe place, free of judgment and negativity. Great place to start, and I’m very grateful for it.

Question: how do you relax and not begin to ruminate? I think my mind knows chaos from my drinking life and just makes those connections. All is very well, why don’t I believe it? I’m not used to believing that. So I stay in constant motion. I’m tired. Time to slow down. Yes, the garage is a mess and I need to paint the patio still, and work on my finances, and scrub everything and leaves are everywhere...but there’s so many other things that matter more! Like peace of mind. Do I have to be frantic? Nah.

24 for me, for sure.

Wishing you a fine, sober Saturday

Love

Red
Yes darling..."like peace of mind"

I, too, am used to chaos...or, more specifically, navigating my way through a maize of problems that I of course created...I am also not used to nothing being wrong. My mind searches for something to latch onto....but it is silly, and habitual. And in the end it makes me feel proud of all I have accomplished....all that we have accomplished.

We are doing SO well Red, don't you think? ♥♥
Old 11-03-2018, 07:13 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Finalround View Post
24 hours for me. No Av whatsoever just over 5 weeks sober but I know what the S.O.B. smells like so my guard is up. See you all on the other side.
Awesome to see you again!!
Huge congrats on 5 weeks! ♥♥♥♥♥
Old 11-03-2018, 07:17 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Good morning dear friends. I've just come back from a lovely walk in the woods with Mabel. For a change I wandered away from my normal path and just wandered where the fancy took me. It felt much more like a little mini adventure and as a consequence me and the pooch had much more fun. I think I would benefit from trying little daring things in general a bit more. I am so stuck in my routine (which protects me for sure) but perhaps I might try to stray a little more often.
Darling Kenton I did wonder if you would have a little time of it yesterday. They are strange days sometimes - big milestones. Huge to us but then again just another wonderfully ordinary day. That's why being part of this community is so hugely important. We are one another's cheerleaders and although I feel a little silly sometimes getting a "congrats" from you guys can genuinely make an otherwise down day a special one. The thread/post yo wrote yesterday was very special Kenton and I thank you for being a huge part of my own recovery.
Neoo your news about the medication is testament to how far you have come too. I know you will be sensible and if you feel vulnerable as you reduce you medication you know that your doctor will support you I'm sure
Just sitting here getting ahead of my work as it is Russell's dad's funeral on Monday. Although it will inevitably end up being quite a boozy affair I am literally there to support my man and need to get back for the girls finishing school so I have no anxiety or fear about it. It is this kind of thing that would have been a near impossibility when I was drinking. Very grateful to be with you all on the other side, living life whatever it throws at us. 24 please from a very grateful alcoholic
Just love you so much jojo.

I will get up at whatever time necessary on the day of the funeral next week (with love) and I will be there with you on Skype all the way.....we will all be with you honey.
Old 11-03-2018, 07:21 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Sunny darling ~ this is for you. ♥♥♥

Old 11-03-2018, 07:31 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Saturday check in.
Old 11-03-2018, 07:40 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  

24 more for me please. Wishing you all a better day than yesterday.xx
Old 11-03-2018, 07:48 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Just love you so much jojo.

I will get up at whatever time necessary on the day of the funeral next week (with love) and I will be there with you on Skype all the way.....we will all be with you honey.
Thank you sweetheart you are very kind
Old 11-03-2018, 07:51 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

I am guessing the service is in the morning love....I really do mean it....I adore you and you are the most wonderful friend to me. ♥♥
Old 11-03-2018, 08:11 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Yes darling..."like peace of mind"

I, too, am used to chaos...or, more specifically, navigating my way through a maize of problems that I of course created...I am also not used to nothing being wrong. My mind searches for something to latch onto....but it is silly, and habitual. And in the end it makes me feel proud of all I have accomplished....all that we have accomplished.

We are doing SO well Red, don't you think? ♥♥
You’re so wonderful, thank you! That’s exactly it. So strange how an exhausting, dramatic week finally ends, and I’ve been counting the hours until I have a chance to relax...then when it gets here—I resurrect some old chaotic thing that happened, or start worrying about something that might happen, or run around frantically doing tasks until I make myself ill... I am tired of it! I’ve never really thought about it before—life is challenging enough without creating more difficult stuff!

Who’s Texas grandmother said: “don’t borrow trouble..”. I don’t know, but someone’s did. And then she’d chill and knit and cook something wonderful. She was awesome. This is my chance to enjoy a weekend, for once. I’m on it! I need a hobby

Love you Suze!
Old 11-03-2018, 08:31 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

I am guessing the service is in the morning love....I really do mean it....I adore you and you are the most wonderful friend to me. ♥♥
Bless you Suze. The service is 11am and I am hoping to be safely on my way home by 2pm. Back to the girls for a big hug

Love you too sweet Suze
Old 11-03-2018, 08:34 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RedBerryJuniper View Post
You’re so wonderful, thank you! That’s exactly it. So strange how an exhausting, dramatic week finally ends, and I’ve been counting the hours until I have a chance to relax...then when it gets here—I resurrect some old chaotic thing that happened, or start worrying about something that might happen, or run around frantically doing tasks until I make myself ill... I am tired of it! I’ve never really thought about it before—life is challenging enough without creating more difficult stuff!

Who’s Texas grandmother said: “don’t borrow trouble..”. I don’t know, but someone’s did. And then she’d chill and knit and cook something wonderful. She was awesome. This is my chance to enjoy a weekend, for once. I’m on it! I need a hobby

Love you Suze!
I'm sure you both know I'm just the same too! Perhaps many of us are. Chaos and drama and the associated behaviours have become my default status quo and it's really hard letting go of the saboteur inside which throws it's tantrum when I am trying my best to do the right thing. Sheesh...……….we'll get there girls!
Old 11-03-2018, 08:44 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

I need to apologise to darling kent....I l read every post you write and cheer with you and I have been so so happy for you all week....I still hope you stood up on the tube and told the world.

I was preoccupied with my ooky medical stuff.

Never ever forget for one second how we all feel about you kent:

Old 11-03-2018, 08:51 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

I messed up didn't I and missed your milestone....I am so sorry love.
And SO happy for you.... ♥♥♥♥

Guys.....I am missing LOTS of dates.....I am going to go through the whole list later on today.....please help me by letting me know your date if I don't have it, or if I have it wrong.

So much love to everyone.
Suze my dear you are a wonderful human being , you didn’t mess up .you do a lot for us here and and I’m so grateful for having you here helping us to keep going. Venus
Hugs with love my lovely friend
Old 11-03-2018, 08:54 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

(((Eric))) ♥♥