Notices

Class of April 2015 Part 14

Old 03-14-2020, 06:39 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Things are so haphazard in this country. It was actually state and local governments that have taken common sense steps to limit the virus's spread. Our national government is way behind the curve.
Old 03-15-2020, 12:11 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Spain is a bit similar to the US in that we're divided into 17 autonomous regions, each of which has a.certain degree of control over their own laws, own police forces etc. The Central government was publishing recommendations but it.was too hard to get.everyone on the same page. Tomorrow we.go into a State of Emergency for.15 days in a bid to try.to control this crazy situation.
Old 03-15-2020, 05:31 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

I think you were smart to curtail business activities as much as possible. Our corporate offices sent an email last night stating that we will operate on reduced hours for the time being. With everything slowly closing down, grocery stores are one of the few places that mass gatherings can still occur. Because this virus takes so long to manifest itself, it likely has been spreading like wildfire undetected for the past four to six weeks. They are even closing the state controlled stores where hard liquor is sold. Our school district is beginning virtual school this week using issued laptops. It will be quite interesting.

Be safe Amp! I hope for the best for you and your family.
Old 03-15-2020, 05:57 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  

All the best to you guys too
Old 03-22-2020, 12:31 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Amp, thinking of you during this crisis. I see that Spain is joining Italy as regions under siege fighting the virus. We are running a few weeks behind you folks over here, but it's coming in a big way.

Be safe all!
Old 03-22-2020, 12:43 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Yeah, this is my 9th day of lockdown. Life has changed so much! We can only go out to buy essentials and come straight back. I'm not sleeping much. Combination of low physical activity and worry over what will happen with my business and employees. We announced an emergency temporary layoff plan for 10 staff on Tuesday. Everything is up in the air and legal advice is often contradictory so depending on how the administration views our case we will either go under or not. The remaining team are trying to get the classes online but it's tough and maybe only half the clients are receptive.

Nobody knows how things will pan out. I think life may be different in many ways after this. The main thing is that we stay healthy. Take care!
Old 03-22-2020, 01:20 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry Amp - you're in my thoughts and prayers.

D
Old 03-22-2020, 01:26 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee! On the bright side drinking hasn't crossed my mind as.an "option". Feeling strong on that front. Take care all
Old 03-22-2020, 01:57 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  
Administrator

D
Old 03-22-2020, 02:03 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

So sorry to hear the straits you are in Amp. Things were seemingly going so well for many, until they suddenly weren't. You have done a tremendous job reorganizing your business into profitability over the past few years. I hope the administration will stand by you and help keep your business afloat.

Some of the largest states here are in lock down mode, but it is hit or miss. We instituted crowd controls yesterday at the store, letting no more than 30 folks into the store at a time. We are allowed to stay open as an essential business.

It is amazing how life's conversation has gone from the usual sports, politics, and Kardashians to the imploding world economy and the virus. My son is not even certain if he will graduate high school this spring. There is a possibility that schools will remain closed through the end of the school year. Hopefully, on line classes are being worked on and possibly implemented in the near future.

Life at home is stressful. My wife is suffering emotionally and is depressed being trapped in the house and being in a high risk virus group. She already has respiratory issues, and with me being exposed to thousands each week, she is frightened of getting the virus. In my mind, I assume that I will get it being in the public every day. We live in a small house, and there is no place in it for me to isolate for two weeks if I get sick. I never served in the military, but this must be what being deployed feels like. The enemy is out there, and we are silently waiting for them to make a move. The siege mentality can be exhausting.

Like you, I have had zero thoughts of drinking, so we have that going for us!

Be safe, and keep us posted!
Old 04-04-2020, 01:39 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  
OMD

Hi guys,
Just a quick hello from me. Glad to see you are all doing well and managed to stay off the booze. Same here. It’s been a ride.

Not sure what the world is going to bring us all in the next months but I will be hoping that you all stay healthy. You all remain very much in my thoughts.

Happy Anniversary!

Best wishes

OMD
Old 04-04-2020, 02:31 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Lovely to hear from you OMD. Congrats on 5 years! Mine comes later this month! So glad.to hear you are safe and well and still off the demon drink!

Keep safe during this.troubled time!
Old 04-04-2020, 03:19 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats to both you guys - thats a fantastic achievement made all the greater by the current world situation.

How are you doing in Spain, amp?

D
Old 04-04-2020, 03:37 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee. 5 years is an achievement alright!

In Spain we've been holed up in our apartment for 3 and a half weeks. We're only allowed out to buy food and medicines but we'd rather be inside given the current situation. Where I live in the South it's not so bad but friends and family in Madrid have got it a lot worse. Everyone know someone who's fighting the virus or worse, has been killed by it. So far nobody too close to home for us but it is very scary.

I hear it is spreading like wild fire in the States also. How are things in Australia?
Old 04-04-2020, 05:23 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  
Administrator

Things are pretty contained, especially where I live in Queensland, but we're in near total lockdown too, like you - essential journeys only.

I pray it stays that way, and I really hope your situation gets better soon amp.
Old 04-05-2020, 12:51 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

OMD, great to have you stop "visit home" again. Congrats on five years! Sometimes, it seems like just yesterday that we were all clinging to our thread in early sobriety. Indeed, it has been a ride.

Amp, glad to hear that your family has remained safe so far. Stay hunkered down.

We are now wearing latex gloves and face masks while serving the public, whom are also so equipped. I spent four hours yesterday spraying sanitizer on incoming customers and disinfecting shopping carts. Thus far, we too have been thankfully spared.

Be healthy everyone!
Old 04-05-2020, 12:49 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  
OMD

Hi guys,
Thanks for the well wishes. I am so happy you guys are doing great (I don’t mean to ignore the business and financial issues etc, - these are tough and I am sorry about them but I am relieved you are all healthy)

Obviously these are crazy times but we will get through them, just as we got through tough times 5 years ago. Onwards and upwards.

Best wishes

OMD
Old 04-17-2020, 01:28 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Hey guys, I hope everyone is surviving the lockdown. I sometimes don't know which fate is worse, being locked down at home or going out to work each day. So far, 41 grocery store workers have died in my country. Masks will be required of all customers beginning next week.

I texted Inc last week, and he says he is doing ok. He is selling insurance via video conferencing these days and his said his boys are doing well.

I am officially joining you all in the five year club. It is scary to think back where I was five years ago and grateful for a second chance at life.

Be safe all!
Old 04-17-2020, 01:39 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Hey SG! Congrats on the big 5. I still have a few daysto go. Weird buy I can't remember the actual date (23rd?). It was written in stone for so long. Counting hours at first, then days, weeks, months and here we are on 5 years!

I'm glad to hear Inc is well. Send him my regards next time you message him!

Still in lockdown here. We haven't left the house for over a month. I go out every 10 days for groceries and that's it. My wife and kids haven't been down from our apartment since 13th March. Troubled times but as long as we have our health we shouldn't complain. I too am extremely grateful for my second chance and whichever way the wind blows I'll try to make it count. For the time being I spend a few hours a day teaching English online, paint a little and try not to think about the bank balance!!!

Take care all!!💪💪💪
Old 04-17-2020, 02:08 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

I hope your apartment is not too small Amp. Family can be trying in close quarters and in a stressful situation like this. Happy to hear you have some diversions. With my wife working from home, I can't even pull the guitar out and practice chords without being a disturbance. I am lucky to have a yard that needs a lot of attention this time of year.

Take care!