SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 413 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/432995-24-hour-recovery-connections-part-413-a.html)

goose333 10-10-2018 02:35 AM

24 please
5:35 am EDT
Go SOX!

Daisybelle 10-10-2018 03:15 AM

Happy to take another 24 please.

Much love to you all. xx

Neoo 10-10-2018 03:20 AM

Hello CK :wave:

yukonm 10-10-2018 03:35 AM

Signing up for 24 hours drink and drug free. 6:35am in Jacksonville, Florida!!

Congratulations to all those celebrating milestones today!! :a122:

FBL 10-10-2018 03:37 AM

It's 5:37 AM and I'm in for another sober 24.

Kris47 10-10-2018 03:54 AM

24 more please, Dear God.

Prayers for those in Florida.

kenton 10-10-2018 04:06 AM

Hello everyone! I'm at work, taking a break for a moment to think about recovery. Before I stopped drinking, I was a real party animal. When I wasn't out drinking I was planning the next night out.... I had loads of friends who were all also big drinkers... life was hectic, disorganised and very full. Since I've stopped drinking, I've realised that I'm actually a person who likes staying in with my family. Over these last two years, my life has become so much more organised. I've redecorated the house, sorted out the kids bedrooms... I help the kids with their homework every day...I cook meals from scratch... we sit round the table to eat and when my family talks to me, I listen. Really listen. Everything is so much better. But the 'all or nothing' part of me hasn't gone away. Now, I love being with my family so much, I don't really like venturing out in the evenings unless I really need to.

I was sitting at work an hour ago and I got a message from a mum I've recently started chatting to at our kids' school. She asked whether I fancy going to the cinema with her later this evening. My immediate thought was 'no! I don't want to go out on a Wednesday evening. I want to stay in with my hubby and kids and watch 'The Great British Bake Off' that we taped last night and then read to my kids and kiss them goodnight and stay indoors. With the door shut... protecting us all from the big, scary world outside'. And I started to type a reply to her and then I thought, 'maybe the universe is talking to me. Maybe the universe is reminding me about balance'. So I am going to go to the cinema with a friend tonight. I've spent 2 years working on building a solid, strong family life. Maybe now the time has arrived to start working on making new, sober friendships.

Sobriety really is the gift that keeps giving. I feel so honoured to be experiencing recovery.

Right, need to get back to work..... see, balance.... I think I'm finally getting it! Love to everyone, congrats to milestoners and 24 more for me please xxxx

Saskia 10-10-2018 04:11 AM

In for another 24

Awake61 10-10-2018 04:11 AM

24 for me please. Everybody enjoy this day.

venuscat 10-10-2018 04:13 AM

This is a list of everyone who posted their commitment to stay sober in the last
24 hours: 8 pm EDT ~ 7.59 pm EDT.

It is awesome to have every single one of you here with us! :) :hug: ♥

1newcreation
Atlast9999
aussieblue
Awake61
Babs1234
badgerden
bandicoot2
BarbieKen
Ben123
Canadian Koala
Cbf123
ChloeRose63
Coldfusion
Coco6054
CrossYourHeart
Daisybelle
Dee74
Delilah1
DreamCatcher17
Endoftheday
erfra7
Finalcall
FormerBeerLover
Gabe1980
gatorman
Gilmer
Goat
goodbyeevan
GreenSweater
goose333
Hats
Hevyn
Jack16
joandmelandhan
John65
jsm273
julietUK
Kaneda8888
kenton
kevlarsjal2
Kris47
least
LillianGish
lilymaz
Lostmyoffswitch
LoveHateWhine
lyddie
Mags1
Minion09
mns1
Neoo
Nic233
nmd
Patterson
PhoenixJ
Pinky1
Plenny
PurpleKnight
Quincy
quitter62
Rainman1
Rar
RedBerryJuniper
Saskia
shortstop81
Snufkin
soberista
SoberLeigh
stargazer016
StartAnew68
StartingOverNW
Sunflower79
Sunflowerlife
Sweetpeacan
tgirl
TheToddman
theVman31
time2LLL60
Tinker B
tomls
vanaprastha
venuscat
Vinificent
WaterOx
whopper
Willow68
wiscsober
yukonm
Zanna
zeppodog
zoeydog

Onward together!

https://i.imgur.com/6BJH99O.gif

October 10, 2018

:nyvhttps://i.imgur.com/RrQsCsf.gif:nyv
whopper ~ 3 weeks!
Rar ~ 5 months!
erfra7 ~ 5 years & 5 months!
EternalNow ~ 6 years!!!!!!

https://i.imgur.com/P7IGsb0.gif

venuscat 10-10-2018 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by Vinificent (Post 7030100)
23:49 EDT and another 24 for me!
Getting in late from seeing “A Star Is Born” - two thumbs up 👍🏻 👍🏻

Oh.....wow......you saw it already. :)
I am old enough that I find the title weird....I mean A Star Is Born is Barbra and Kris forever.....but I REALLY want to see this. :)

So glad you liked it.....love and good morning and 24 more please while I am at it. :hug:

And love to everyone. ♥♥♥

zeppodog 10-10-2018 04:17 AM

Heading out for dog walk then off to work and a sober 24 hours. Hope everyone has a great day.

venuscat 10-10-2018 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by Plenny (Post 7030143)
I am humbled by all your kind thoughts. Thank you. I am sorry I dropped out and went dark like that. I did blank out for a bit in real life too.

My DJTM (my boyfriend) and I ended things officially tonight. So it's pretty momentous and painful and stupid and embarrassing and lonely and disappointing, all the things that go along with ruined expectations. My actual love for him hasn't disappeared, but my concern for his wellbeing and my own wellbeing overrides any selfish desires I have to hang on to him. We have been forcing it too long. And I wish it had ended more gracefully. It was really clumsy and unattractive and awful actually. Not what I would have wished for us. Maybe we can have some graceful closure someday.

Sunflower, I have been thinking about the gut flora a lot lately. Mostly about serotonin production but I am interested in what you say about cravings generating from there as well.

Suze, thank you so much for worrying. Although I feel terrible I made you do it. It is amazing that someone out there worries about this dinged up moody little person. It's just so wonderful to be cared about.

Love to all of you and 24 more please

Oh Plenny darling, so many hugs. :hug:

I dreamt about you last night....I know, how is that possible when I haven't met you? I don't know....but I woke up feeling you strongly and hoping you would post. :hug:

I am sorry honey....this is the awful part....the break-up, and it's hard to do it with grace. Sending healing love.....very grateful to have you back with us. :hug: ♥♥♥

Sunflower79 10-10-2018 04:29 AM

In for 24 more today.

I’ve been binging on food lately so I’m committing to eating clean, healthy portions of food today as well.

PhoenixJ 10-10-2018 04:33 AM

Minion09 10-10-2018 04:38 AM

24 more! Prayers up for all! Much 💕

Neoo 10-10-2018 04:39 AM

Phoenix :wave:

Jack16 10-10-2018 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by kenton (Post 7030263)
Hello everyone! I'm at work, taking a break for a moment to think about recovery. Before I stopped drinking, I was a real party animal. When I wasn't out drinking I was planning the next night out.... I had loads of friends who were all also big drinkers... life was hectic, disorganised and very full. Since I've stopped drinking, I've realised that I'm actually a person who likes staying in with my family. Over these last two years, my life has become so much more organised. I've redecorated the house, sorted out the kids bedrooms... I help the kids with their homework every day...I cook meals from scratch... we sit round the table to eat and when my family talks to me, I listen. Really listen. Everything is so much better. But the 'all or nothing' part of me hasn't gone away. Now, I love being with my family so much, I don't really like venturing out in the evenings unless I really need to.

I was sitting at work an hour ago and I got a message from a mum I've recently started chatting to at our kids' school. She asked whether I fancy going to the cinema with her later this evening. My immediate thought was 'no! I don't want to go out on a Wednesday evening. I want to stay in with my hubby and kids and watch 'The Great British Bake Off' that we taped last night and then read to my kids and kiss them goodnight and stay indoors. With the door shut... protecting us all from the big, scary world outside'. And I started to type a reply to her and then I thought, 'maybe the universe is talking to me. Maybe the universe is reminding me about balance'. So I am going to go to the cinema with a friend tonight. I've spent 2 years working on building a solid, strong family life. Maybe now the time has arrived to start working on making new, sober friendships.

Sobriety really is the gift that keeps giving. I feel so honoured to be experiencing recovery.

Right, need to get back to work..... see, balance.... I think I'm finally getting it! Love to everyone, congrats to milestoners and 24 more for me please xxxx

This is such a great post Kenton - thank you. I love what you said about sobriety letting you see what it is you actually like in life. I can really relate. I believed that what I loved was tearing it up, living this rock n roll life, but I found that what I actually like is nature and spirituality!

I can also relate to the all-or-nothing pattern that gets applied to everything. I think your own thoughts on it are spot on. The best thing we can do is just be open - to moments when, as you say, the universe might be nudging us in a certain direction.

If you want to spend most of your time with your family, then that's great. But as you say, if there's a voice maybe telling you to step outside now and then, that may be worth listening to. Anyway - great post

Meanwhile: I'm over the flu, and in for 24 more

-x-

Tinker B 10-10-2018 05:13 AM

I logged on tonight feeling pretty low and no messages which is self indulgent thinking as I haven't contributed here in ages
Then I noticed my name still included Suze
Bless you honey
❤️❤️

venuscat 10-10-2018 05:25 AM

I love you to pieces darling Tink. Always girl......SO HAPPY to see you.
Sending oodles of love. :hug: ♥♥