Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 412

Old 10-07-2018, 02:57 PM
  # 521 (permalink)  

Thanks Suze ❤️ I will tell everyone I’m not drinking beforehand and I’m sure they’ll be nice about it. They’re very sympathetic about me losing my parents. It’s just going to be so tough without my own Mum around. I’m so used to seeing her every day and Christmas is such a special family time. But you’re right, I have a couple of months yet to get stronger, thank goodness ❤️ I hope you’re feeling a bit better today Suze. You’re such an amazing woman, even when things are hard for you, you still manage to support everyone else around you with so much love and compassion. We are truly blessed to have you in this world and here on SR ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Sunflowerlife what you said about the planets, Venus and Scorpio affecting our mood makes perfect sense to me. I have been so flat and grouchy myself, snapping at my partner for no good reason, and just downright grumpy. Then I had a huge sugar binge last night eating biscuits and cakes like nobody’s business. And woke up this morning with a headache. No doubt it’s a sugar hangover, the pattern is becoming clear. Sugar = headache next morning, without fail. So back to low carb today for me too.... I don’t know why it’s so hard to stick to but I agree with you, it’s so hard! But so good when you do stick to it... Oh well. Monday morning and back on the low carb plan. Again. I hope you get some more support from OA, hopefully they can suggest some tools to put in place when you’re feeling stressed or anxious. I eat when I’m depressed, like last night when I was missing my Mum acutely. I’m trying to figure out other coping strategies, so I’m seeing a psychologist for grief counselling. We’ve only just started talking about how my “coping” mechanisms in the past include alcohol. I’m hoping to learn some new and healthier tools for coping with sadness, grief and depression. Sending you lots of love ❤️

Great tune Neo! Thanks

Minion it’s so good to hear you’re feeling so “on track” ❤️ just wonderful ❤️

Sending love and support to everyone ❤️
Oh and I’d better check in for 24 please. It’s 8am Monday morning in Australia and I’m off to find a good coffee
Old 10-07-2018, 03:19 PM
  # 522 (permalink)  

Your welcome Willow
Old 10-07-2018, 03:41 PM
  # 523 (permalink)  

You know Venus was the most powerful force in my life right? Yes, she was a cat....but still ...

Sunny darling....I wish I could take your pain away.
I will just keep loving you and we will get there together.
Old 10-07-2018, 03:46 PM
  # 524 (permalink)  
Rar

Hi Everyone. 24 more hours for me please.

Congratulations to those achieving a milestone today. Well done!

6:46 p.m.
EST
Old 10-07-2018, 03:50 PM
  # 525 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Early check-in today...

3:50 PM in the forest.
Old 10-07-2018, 03:56 PM
  # 526 (permalink)  
capra laeviculus

Goat here, checking in for 24 hours of happy life