Notices

Class of September 2018 Part Two

Old 10-01-2018, 12:36 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

I can see clearly now, the poisons gone...
I can see all the reasons why its never the answer
Old 10-01-2018, 03:28 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Administrator

get well soon Hopeful - you too Lulubread

D
Old 10-01-2018, 04:04 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Hopeful. Yeah the arrogance of us drunks thinking that alcohol MUST be the best remedy for a cold! The hangover cold and flu is especially memorable, geez! Glad to hear you are coming out of it tho.
Lulu, so sorry to hear you're still hurting. At least you have a diagnosis now and can treat it.
I joined SR 1 year ago. I have had bouts of sobriety mixed with extended binges. This go around, I'm going to stay with just this group thread. I feel more connected. Lurking thru the "relapse" threads seemed to cause me to lose hope. But checking in here feels like I'm stopping to visit friends for a quick chat and pick me up. I feel a connection with you all. My last monthly group ended when the month did. And soon after so did I. I have a lot of work to do yet and some major hurdles to confront so tho I feel motivated to stay sober, I'm not completely confident I can. I'm surrounded by drinkers and this is my only sober outlet. This and my 13 year old son. He doesn't drink. Lol.
Thanks for listening.
Old 10-01-2018, 09:05 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hey Sept friends...

Today felt much better, I enjoyed the cooler weather and waking up ready to tackle any triggers. I think I need some alone time, and will do that tomorrow.

3 weeks today since my last glass of wine.

Still moving along, one day at a time.

It will feel good to be home on Saturday, back to my own space..

Let's make October relapse free and get healthy for the upcoming holidays!

Maybe we should call this ROCKTOBER...because

Take care and be well everyone...
WF
Old 10-01-2018, 10:10 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Great work on three weeks wildflower

Early start this morning - I’m running the cafe at work this week so in early and a day of quite hard work. Then home and football coaching this evening.

Have a good one people
Old 10-01-2018, 10:16 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good week guys
Old 10-02-2018, 04:17 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Good morning! I'm excited to start another sober day. Great job Wildflower. I'm on board for Rocktober. Getting healthy is key for me. Health anxiety brought on by symptoms from alcohol abuse kept me in a funk. A few days sober and I feel young and energetic. Not counting days yet. Not looking back or forward yet. Just focusing on today. I will not drink today. Have a great day.
Old 10-02-2018, 05:15 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
nmd

Hi class, I'm with you on making october relapse free. Looking back, i have so many things i want to do with my life and i have so much wasted time. I still want to do fun, relaxing, often non productive things, but by choice and with memories, not because im mentally incapacitated by alcohol
Old 10-02-2018, 05:55 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Well done bumb and nmd some real positivity here

Fear of missing out - I walked to work today, left house at 6.15. In doing everything right! - but I’m going to be in bed by 9.00. That’s a good healthy thing....so why do I feel bad about this? Why do I feel I’m missing out on...what exactly????
Old 10-02-2018, 06:56 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Congratulations to all who are celebrating milestones: Bumboid, Hopeful, Wildflower...You guys are doing great! Hopeful, I'm with Ben -- I think you should think of your current symptoms s your body divesting itself of toxins. I hope you feel better soon.

Michael, How are things going post-retreat?

Bumboid, your new road bike sounds great. How awesome that you're able to afford to buy it because of all of the money you've saved by not drinking! I enjoy biking too - but on the motorized kind...haha.

I'm definitely on board for a sober Rocktober!
Old 10-02-2018, 07:18 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Thanks for the well wishes everyone!

Congratulations Bumboid and Wildflower! So happy for you.

And congratulations FinalRound. Take what you learned from before and never give up! We got this.

Congratulations NMD Think of how good today feels sober.

Ben your doing everything right. This is the transition and you aren't missing anything but leaving a life that didn't work behind.

Have a great day guys. I'm off today and I have been resting and watching addiction lectures and ted talks on youtube. Some really interesting lectures out there.
Old 10-02-2018, 07:37 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone, I’d like to join the October class. Is there a new link?
Old 10-02-2018, 07:51 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Finalround View Post
Hopeful. Yeah the arrogance of us drunks thinking that alcohol MUST be the best remedy for a cold! The hangover cold and flu is especially memorable, geez! Glad to hear you are coming out of it tho.
Lulu, so sorry to hear you're still hurting. At least you have a diagnosis now and can treat it.
I joined SR 1 year ago. I have had bouts of sobriety mixed with extended binges. This go around, I'm going to stay with just this group thread. I feel more connected. Lurking thru the "relapse" threads seemed to cause me to lose hope. But checking in here feels like I'm stopping to visit friends for a quick chat and pick me up. I feel a connection with you all. My last monthly group ended when the month did. And soon after so did I. I have a lot of work to do yet and some major hurdles to confront so tho I feel motivated to stay sober, I'm not completely confident I can. I'm surrounded by drinkers and this is my only sober outlet. This and my 13 year old son. He doesn't drink. Lol.
Thanks for listening.
Yes, please stick with us, whatever!
Old 10-02-2018, 07:56 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Final round,
I can relate to feeling like you are surrounded by drinkers and drinking.
I find with time, I can see more clearly how much I do not want that lifestyle but when things are not going easy it is something I have to stay on guard, whether its at home, or with coworkers, neighbours, friends, I start thinking that its normal.
But I know that it is not for me. That i tried it repeatedly and it doesn't work so whether they can drink and then show up to work, or live a good life, I know I can't, or maybe they are still so sick that they aren't at the point to admit that life isn't working for them.

I want to join a gym. My body isn't ready to be pushed physically yet but just to sit in a sauna or hottub and be in an environment that drinking isn't a part of. Having somewhere to go to feel well.
That and I am slowly creating a retreat in my bedroom, so i have somewhere to go that feels really nice and is away from alcohol.

Not sure your living situation but if there is an area that you can put aside just for you and create a haven.
Old 10-02-2018, 08:01 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ForMe247 View Post
Hey ForMe -- This is the September class, but you're welcome to join here if you want! The October class can be found in the "Newcomers to Recovery" forum. Best of luck to you!
Old 10-02-2018, 12:06 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Tired!!

Sober

Need sleep 😴😴

Night all...
Old 10-02-2018, 03:33 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by ForMe247 View Post

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...art-1-a-3.html

D
Old 10-02-2018, 03:36 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Ben I felt I was missing out on things too - early recovery wasn't much fun for me - I did a lot of sleeping just to get some respite...

But things get better - no one would stay sober if they didn't

I found new ways of having fun and being with friends, and building a sober life I loved...eventually when I was around drinkers again, I didn't care, because I'd made a choice and I preferred being sober.

You'll get there too - I'm sure all you folks will

D
Old 10-02-2018, 04:16 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Well it's been raining again here in New England, USA. But I was still able to get out for a ride between rain squalls. I was tired but glad I did it.
Hopeful, exercise of any kind is invigorating during recovery. Even just walks outside breathing fresh air. I will be joining a gym soon too. Biking is great but I really want to get back to a good fitness level.
Ben, you are not missing out sober. I too hit the sack @ 9 pm. But the hours before I'm engaged and productive. Sharing and talking with my family. Way better than slurring gobble **** in a drunken stupor. You need rest, take it.
My withdrawals have been minimal but I find my eyes become very tired. Like they are working extra hard to focus all day. I'm spent by 3 o'clock and feel like I just need to close my eyes for a while. Anyone else experience this.
Old 10-02-2018, 09:30 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Final round,
I have experienced that afternoon lag, so tired after lunch that I need a nap. I was concerned at first, but soon realized that I just needed to stop and listen to my body. It went away after six months or so...then I stupidly picked up the wine again, so I never got to reap the full benefits of actually feeling energized all day.

Note to self....every relapse takes something away from me; health, happiness, energy, dignity, confidence, self love, self esteem......

Feel free to add to the list..

P.S. still sober here in family land....