Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 408

Old 09-05-2018, 08:06 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
24 please, We had a private family gathering for Dad at the cemetery yesterday. Exactly 1 week since my Mum’s funeral. Dad’s memorial service is tomorrow.

I had major a AV attack from sideways yesterday, I was out with family getting stuff organised for Dad’s public service and we spontaneously went into a bottle shop that was on our way. I walked along the aisles of wines and the AV was trying to persuade me to buy a lovely bottle of red or two as I have been so good not drinking through a few really really difficult weeks and surely it’s fine to relax with a lovely glass of red.... It was so hard to walk out empty handed but I did. And later when there was red and white wine and beer being drunk around the dinner table I had another cup of tea.

I was feeling really sorry for myself and just want this all to go away and not be happening and my parents to still be here, but I know that’s not possible. So I went to bed and looked through all the photos we put together for Mum’s funeral service and I told her I loved her. And I’m feeling guilty that most of my tears have been and still are for Mum and I haven’t really cried properly for my Dad yet apart from my tears yesterday when I saw his coffin but I think those tears were intermingled with tears for Mum, I’m still crying for my dear cherished Mumma who has always been the centre of my world. I know she’s now with God but I miss her so very much. I’m so sad for my Dad too and I know I need to grieve for him too but I haven’t gotten through grieving for Mum and it’s all jumbled together.

I know I’m not processing my thoughts properly and I know I don’t need to feel guilty and nothing was my fault, my parents were both in their late 80s with chronic and serious health problems but I do. I keep thinking maybe I shouldn’t have taken Mum on holiday to see Dad and maybe she would’ve not got sick and what if I’d taken Mum to hospital sooner, and what if....etc.??? I ate five chocolate chip cookies but could have easily eaten another 20.... But somehow I didn’t drink.

I just want to fall asleep and not have to deal with all of this. It’s so tempting sometimes to find oblivion in a bottle but I know the next day will be horrible and I am choosing not to go down that road . One day at a time. 24 hours please. I will not drink today. Love you all, thanks for being here ❤️
Willow,

You've had to handle so much loss, in a short period of time, I'm so sorry. I'm so glad you chose the cookies over the wine, keep them nearby in case you need another few.

You were there for both of your parents, and I have no doubt that was so comforting for them. Sending so much love your way.

❤️Delilah
Old 09-05-2018, 08:09 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

The second quote was $750, still more than I wanted to spend, up much better than the initial quote.

I'm so lucky to work where I do. One of my coworkers met me at the repair shop this morning, and drove me to work, and then back and forth to the other repair shop during the day. Another let me borrow his car for the night, and he went home with his wife.

I feel very fortunate tonight.

Have a great night everyone.

❤️Delilah
Old 09-05-2018, 08:11 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
I was sober in CA and now sober back home in Ohio. Another day sober for me, please.
Where were you in California Leigh?
Old 09-05-2018, 09:25 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hey everyone looking for another 24 hours here.... Still soooooo moody and sensitive and watching myself acting in ways I don't want to anymore. I think I need more meditation in my life or to somehow figure out how to think before I speak. I'm having problems because I'm just saying everything on my mind. I really want to be able to say in my head, "Compassion not condemnation," literally before everything I say.

I will take some of your advice, Suze, and take it easy on myself. Because it is hard enough to maintain my sobriety in this crazy world and I'm just a baby. I am truly just figuring out every situation as I go as if for the first time again. I'm wearing new glasses, and everything looks not that pretty and really confusing
Old 09-05-2018, 10:00 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kevlarsjal2 View Post
Willow you're being amazingly strong these days and weeks. It's impressive! You are impressive! You're doing so well, dealing with all this grief and sadness and then on top of that not listening to your AV but thinking things through, focusing on what's best for your in the long run.

One thing that I used to do when I was glued to the wine aisles was to think of ANYTHING that I really wanted from the shop that was not booze and treat myself to that instead. Fancy chocolates, some fresh sushi, a fancy rare tea, a sugary soda drink I normally wouldn't buy for myself, those italian handmade biscuits that are clearly overpriced but always look so good... Just anything that I can carry home with me and look forward to, so I don't feel like I went home with empty hands
Thanks Kev, I will get something nice for myself next time. The bottle shops here sell only liquor but I will get something nice and sparkling and nonalcoholic from the supermarket ❤️
I agree you should get new nicer people to surround yourself with, people who appreciate you for you and don’t judge and belittle you, you deserve loving supportive friends not those who will bring you down, big hugs to you
Old 09-05-2018, 10:01 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
Willow,

You've had to handle so much loss, in a short period of time, I'm so sorry. I'm so glad you chose the cookies over the wine, keep them nearby in case you need another few.

You were there for both of your parents, and I have no doubt that was so comforting for them. Sending so much love your way.

❤️Delilah
Thanks Delilah ❤️❤️❤️ My sister is busy baking cakes so I’ll have plenty of treats on hand
Old 09-05-2018, 10:38 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Morning all, signing in for 24 more hours
Old 09-05-2018, 11:20 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Another 24 please
Old 09-05-2018, 11:38 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

24 more for me too, thanks
Old 09-05-2018, 11:55 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

24 more please..Thanks Dee...Going to the Docs this morning bad pains in my back and stomach all night...Love to All
Old 09-06-2018, 12:56 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

24 hours at a time is still working for me, so I will do another 24 hours.

Hope you feel better Neoo.
Old 09-06-2018, 12:58 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Thanks Time
Old 09-06-2018, 01:05 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Looking to a sane, creative, and well balanced Friday--
Old 09-06-2018, 01:12 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

24 more please!
Old 09-06-2018, 01:49 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hello Neoo, Bubovski and Gator my Man!

Congratulations to everybody reaching a milestone today!
24 more please

By not drinking today, I keep my integrity intact.
I don’t have to lie to fulfill the needs of my addiction anymore.
Nor break promises to myself and others.

Thanks
Old 09-06-2018, 02:09 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Morning all. Its 10.10am here in the UK. Please count me in for another 24 hour sober and clean.
Congratulations to those celebrating a milestone, my thoughts and prayers go out those suffering and struggling.
Old 09-06-2018, 02:24 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

5 months for me today so I'll add another 24 to it please.

Thank you all for being part of my journey. xxxx
Old 09-06-2018, 02:29 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Another 24 here.
Old 09-06-2018, 02:32 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hello CK Back from the doctors have a viral infection and pulled muscles in my back and stomach..
Old 09-06-2018, 03:26 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
G-Woman

Good morning all, it's 6:25am here in Mississauga. Another 24 for me plz & thx!