Notices

Class of March 2016 part 73

Old 08-31-2018, 04:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of March 2016 part 73

Last Part Here:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...t-72-a-21.html (Class of March 2016 part 72)

D
Old 08-31-2018, 04:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

s
Old 08-31-2018, 06:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I love that new thread smell

Thanks Dee.

Hope everyone had a good day. I’ve been chilling and watching more TV than I should. We are watching the Great British Baking Show on Netflix. I can’t bake to save my life. These people are amazing. It’s pretty funny too.
Old 08-31-2018, 06:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ManInTheArena View Post
I love that new thread smell

Thanks Dee.
Agreed!

Still floundering and trying to figure this stuff out. This week I ended up drinking AT an issue. Had an appointment regarding my medical situation and radiation was proposed (it's not cancer). It's still messing with my head but I know that drinking can only make it worse. Back to the plan and reinforcing it.

Sorry you're down Suze. Sucks Lillian that you have to wait but I admire your attitude. Hugs to all.
Old 08-31-2018, 06:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I hope everybody will be extra careful on this long weekend. If you have an event of any type you're going to be sure to have a plan of action. An escape plan! Play the tape forward.

I'm gonna' pull on my PJ's and lay down and watch TV. That'll be my most eventful activity for the whole weekend. Other than cooking for next week.

Have a great and sober weekend everybody.
Old 09-01-2018, 06:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi 13th. Good to see you. Some say floundering, others say learning. Glad you are still trying. Hope everything works out with the medical situation.

BBG. Yes, a plan for these long weekends is always a good idea. I generally don’t have to play the tape forward too far!! Haha.

Happy Saturday to all. Post early, post often.
Old 09-01-2018, 11:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey everyone! We are wrapping up summer vacation with a cold. So far only 1 kid but you all know how that goes. We are supposed to start school on Wednesday but we’ll see if everyone including the teacher is sick.

Hubby and I were up waaay to late binge watching Netflix. Today will be a lazy day around the house.

Have a great Saturday everyone!
Old 09-01-2018, 02:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey PR, hope you are one-and-done with kid’s colds.

Getting ready to head out to an event that is open bar - so you know what that means!! I am ready though, looking forward to some club soda and maybe some Diet Coke. I don’t drink. It doesn’t work for me.

I’ll try and check back in later.

Have s great night all.
Old 09-01-2018, 03:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Be cautious MITA. Very, very cautious!!!
Old 09-01-2018, 03:27 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

You got this MITA!

I love watching Netflix with my hubby PR. How fun! Tonight we are watching the Univ of Oregon football game together.....Go Ducks! We went to college there oh so long ago.

13th I hope you’re ok.

Same for Suze! Don’t be depressed on my account. I plan on being a complete PITA at the lab. Bet I’m seen by Wednesday, just so they can get rid of me.

Just got back from Costco.....Lots of yummy nonalcoholic beverages in fridge. That’s my plan BBG!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Old 09-01-2018, 09:07 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I am back and just fine. If I can make it through the first hour or so, it gets pretty easy. Watching drunk people when you’re sober is a big turn off for me. It doesn’t look to me like they are really having any fun. No judgement on my part, if that’s what they want to do. Lord knows I’ve done my fair share of it.

Thanks for the support!! See you in the A.M.
Old 09-02-2018, 05:24 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Sorry Lillian love, I was depressed on my own account.
And I am over it....too much real stuff going on that I need to pay attention to.

Glad you got through that MITA.

Old 09-02-2018, 07:11 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Mornin' everybody.

Way to go MITA!!!
Old 09-02-2018, 09:52 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Morning all! Or I guess afternoon....

MITA - great job!!

Well just making some lunch and having a pretty low key day. Only goal is to stay away from the poison

Happy Sunday!!
Old 09-02-2018, 10:15 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
And I am over it....too much real stuff going on that I need to attend to.
Glad you’re in a better place Suze.

Good job MITA!

Checking in this morning. Today I will stay busy and keep distracted from dark topics.
Old 09-02-2018, 11:18 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

New tyres for car, photo's being taken at burns unit, meeting friend for coffee in the city, rearranging art studio at home so it works, lots of homework...

0347 Monday.
Yesterday was a sad one....Dad's day here. But obviously I did not drink and forced myself to be around humans and studied and was productive- even tho it sucked.
Old 09-02-2018, 12:22 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

PJ, good work keeping busy. Very sorry about the sucky day. You keep doing the right things. I believe one day those relationships will start to heal.

Positive thoughts LG. Way to go.

A nice 2 hour hike this morning. I got a little sunburned, which I try to avoid - just didn’t have any sunblock or a hat. It’s not too bad.

Hope all is well with everyone
Old 09-02-2018, 06:13 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LillianGish View Post
Glad you’re in a better place Suze.

Good job MITA!

Checking in this morning. Today I will stay busy and keep distracted from dark topics.
I'm not. I totally lied....I wanted it to be true because no one hears me when I scream....sorry....but they don't.

I am in serious trouble here....not even a little bit alright.
Old 09-02-2018, 06:41 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

I am in serious trouble here....not even a little bit alright.
whats going on specifically Suze?

D
Old 09-02-2018, 08:06 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Copied rom Gilly's thread, feeling

Here is a good feel for you Gilly- as a consequence of the support you and others have given me.

I went into the Burns Unit this morning- so the top flight burns guy could get photos of my scars 3y on. He asked me what am I doing with life- so I mentioned the arts degree. He was interested and said 'this is the reason I keep doing this' (as well as being on the ground for things such as the Bali Bombing a few years back, where hundreds died- many Aussies).

So thru the 'shoot', (I had to assume poses) I said to him, the option of having my right hand, little finger getting amputated is what I thought needed. It has very little strength, only bends 1/4 of a normal little finger and is contracting out- as well as rotating around from contractures. Amputation is, I know from previous comments the treatment of choice. It catches on clothes when I dress, in shopping bags, doors etc. Only a matter of time before it gets seriously damaged.

Now the good feel bit. At first he gave options for amputation. Then looked thoughtful and poked and prodded my hand, getting me to move it as he isolated various fingers, then looked thoughtful again.
He wants to try and 'save' the finger- as it will give my right hand (on that side) more strength- which he said I would need- for example in doing sculpture. Also cosmetically looks better. He asked when my semester would finish (EOTY) and said he was going to talk to a hand surgeon and wants to go ahead. It will mean more surgery and grafting- up to a week in hospital.
He also made the point of reminding me how very, very close they came in amputating my whole right arm ( at the socket)...and so to do the fine tuning for my quality of life is worth it. Also- of course it is a challenge and will be a great addit at conferences, but what the hey- I get a better use of my hand (which as done to about 60% function). He also shook my hand and said I was a model patient and a pleasure to work with.
So thank you Gilly...your support helped make this conversation today happen. lazy.