Notices

Class of March 2016 part 73

Old 09-30-2018, 07:47 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

We do quite a lot for each other...
Old 09-30-2018, 02:36 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Winding down the weekend - relatively good overall. A trip to Seattle in the morning, but back home by Tuesday night. This is the last business trip I have scheduled this year, but my calendar has been very fluid all year long. Hoping for the best.

Lillian and Bobbie, hoping your respective weekends have been good. Continued prayers and support for you both.

Warm thoughts for everyone here - you guys are all awesome
Old 09-30-2018, 06:21 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

PJ's and TV time friends!
Old 09-30-2018, 07:52 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Moved 30 heavy, root bound plants in pots this morning....all need tlc….they were going to be trashed. Then I got to hose things. An art.
Old 09-30-2018, 07:54 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

actually 38.

Why post the correction? CBT- to make my brain remember, also- when I boozed I would over or understate stuff- to create a desired story. So perhaps 38 would be 50, to look wow impressive. Or for bad stuff...'how much do you drink a day?'.. 20 drinks would magically become 10. All part of the recovery journey.
Old 09-30-2018, 08:11 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Love Seattle. Have a great trip MITA. then home for the year....nice!

The Greek lady is a such a gift! I’m glad she came into your life PJ.

Today marks the last day HMO medicine can try and kill me. My new plan starts tomorrow and I’m having an MRI. Been reading a great book my doctor gave me, I feel a little empowered tonight. Lots of appointments. I’ll be a busy girl this week.

Oh, and my book on breast cancer says there is significant evidence that drinking alcohol can increase chances the cancer recurs after you think you’ve won. Reason 847 for me to never drink again.

Have a lovely week everyone!
Old 10-01-2018, 04:54 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Good morning! Feels like I just left work on Friday. Was a busy weekend. My daughter ended up not coming home for her bday celebration- so all that worry for nothing. Had the granddaughters for the weekend. Took them to Sunday school yesterday, then a 4 mile walk (they were in the stroller) for suicide prevention. It was a good weekend.

Glad that hmo is out of your life Lillian.
Sounds like you had a very productive and healing weekend PHX.
BBG- college football is big in this house too.
MITA- the Ryder Cup was on here all weekend. Thought of you.
Suze- Hope you have a good week lined up.
PR- hope your weather is better.
Hey 13th!
Sam - missing you- hope all is well up north.

I pick up Nathan at noon today. Missing that kid.

Have a great day, guys
Old 10-01-2018, 05:11 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Oh wow Bobbie...already? It seems like you just dropped him off....but awesome.
I hope he is doing really well.

My week....wellllllllll........we finally have some gorgeous summer/autumn weather....yes....it is weird here....does not follow patterns of a lot of other cities....it will be mid to high 20s C (80F) and low teens C (55F) at night for about a week....it is gorgeous....I got a touch sunburnt yesterday for the first time in ages....yey. And the humidity has gone down so I can move baby move.

I have 5 weeks of school to get through this week and another 5 next week...it's going to be a good challenge.

And Nick and I are going out for dinner for his birthday tonight....a special dinner, a special birthday (44) and it will be the first time we have had dinner together in a couple of months almost.

It is lonely living in the house by myself.....but we are really good. He is doing so well and everything is moving in the right direction. I have a ton of faith now. Plus I am getting better. Every day my muscles are stronger again (I completely lost all stomach muscles from coughing etc for so long).

So sunshine and hard work and a date with my husband....all good.

Thinking of you every day dear Lillian, and love to everyone. xx
Old 10-01-2018, 06:04 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Good morning gang - not quite 6am here and my startin' fluid is almost all gone !! Yikes

Bobbie, I caught some of the Ryder Cup on delay - the time difference between AZ and France made watching it live almost impossible. We got our butts kicked anyway. I hope all goes well with Nathan.

Lillian, so glad your medical plan is better now - that can make a huge difference - having medical coverage that is good and team of professionals that you like. Lord knows you have enough else to be concerned with.

Happy Birthday to Nick!!! I hope you guys have a great time out at dinner, you both deserve it.
Old 10-01-2018, 06:26 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Suze - sounds like a great day and evening planned. Happy birthday, Nick!

MITA - yeah, we watched most of it on delay. My husband kept it on all night, I guess in case he woke up??? Yes, we got our butts kicked anyway. Their "almost comeback" was "almost exciting".
Old 10-01-2018, 04:23 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

In Seattle now. Client dinner tonight and then a half-day meeting tomorrow. I don’t expect to have any issues at dinner. Most clients are actually kind of appreciative of the fact that I don’t drink the night before having to meet with them. Not all,but most.

I used to like coming to Seattle, but the traffic here is unbearable now.

Have a great night everyone
Old 10-01-2018, 05:50 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Suze - sounds like a great day and evening planned. Happy birthday, Nick!

MITA - yeah, we watched most of it on delay. My husband kept it on all night, I guess in case he woke up??? Yes, we got our butts kicked anyway. Their "almost comeback" was "almost exciting".
Bobbie, I think it is possible to “absorb” a golf telecast even while sleeping. The phenomenon works for football games as well. It may work for other sports, too, but not as well as it works for golf or football.
Old 10-01-2018, 06:29 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

MITA it works for sitcoms. I absorb 'em all night. It's about that time too. PJ's and TV time!!!
Old 10-01-2018, 07:42 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Happy birthday to Goat!!

Golf is like taking a Valium to me. I start watching it....and promptly fall asleep. I do like to watch it. It’s very relaxing. Aaahhhh.....

Glad things are good for you Suze! Weather sounds delightful and so so wonderful to hear things are moving in a good direction.

Nite BBG!

Hope things go well with Nathan Bobbie,

I miss Sam too!

Had theMRI today. A little weird and scary because I’ve never had one. But on the upside...it will tell us a lot about what’s going on. I’m grateful he ordered one.

Tomorrow...radiology oncologist who got me in very quickly. Wednesday is a double header with the oncologist and then the plastic surgeon. I definitely sense the difference in the new team and insurance. Full speed ahead!

The best part of today was the mri technologist telling me unsolicited what a great doctor I have found. A sense of relief washed over me. I feel blessed.

Good night friends, and thank you again for listening. I appreciate you all so much!

Don’t drink. Life is so precious and fragile.
Old 10-02-2018, 02:46 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Thinking of you Lillian.....and yeah, MRIs are freaky huh? But useful.

Ahhh.....that golf line is precious.

Just got a text from Purps.....she is missing us.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm........I got up too early.
Old 10-02-2018, 03:03 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

OOh, ooh!!!!!!

The new Doctor Who starts soon- a lady type female of the opposite to men person.
Old 10-02-2018, 03:07 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Something weird in the ether tonight, try again with a stenciled post

Left home 0730, caught drawing lecturer about making up what I missed last week (migraine- bro's responses). Gt my informal grading- this is my hardest subj, and even with my cognitive stuff- passed- and she said some 'normal' people do worse and not to get discouraged. I told her a bare pass is worthy of pride, considering 3y ago- I was considered vegetative nursing home material. She went quiet at that.

Then went to my benevolent relie's in the hills. They agreed, very quickly- and were happy, to be my next of kin for upcoming hand surgery- as my bro has done the thanks, but no thanks - no contact have a nice life. So pleased about my relies love and support and saddened by my bro (and ex and sons). Bittersweet. BUT life goes on and slowly I am letting go...
Also I asked them for something.
Soil.
They have millions of tons of the stuff (have a few acres), need for giving my instant garden a new lease of life.
Then home- moved soil, more plants and bricks and stuff- repotted a 10 foot high stick (one of the 'have no idea' species of plant)- it is a tropical of some sort. And at 1923, have just sat down. I will probably be rather tired in a few days...
All in all, a productive day.

any typo's in this post are not the fault of the author- as cosmic space aliens have been dousing Adelaide with their deadly brain altering cosmic spaces brain theta waves and this immediately coauses top'sy
Old 10-02-2018, 09:19 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Good read, PHX. Glad you passed your hardest subject. It's cool your relatives are so nice and will give you dirt. I think I have relatives that would not give me dirt.

BBG - my husband keeps the TV on all night. Sometimes it's comedies. They creep into my dreams, I think.

Enjoy Seattle if you can, MITA.

Good luck today, Lillian.

Hey Suze! Hope last night was nice.

Purps - we miss you too.

Nathan is doing pretty good. Trying to take care of crap. That's where he gets overwhelmed. Will help him as much as I can without enabling. Such a freaking fine line.

Have a great day, people!
Old 10-02-2018, 10:49 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Enabling love? Not a chance....trust yourself honey. You are doing ALL of the right things here.

We are going out for dinner later on....I am not well enough yet. (Unfortunately...I am trying as hard as I can). I just have maybe half a day's energy in me at a time. It's Nick's birthday today, so we are going to do something nice later on.
Old 10-02-2018, 01:13 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Praying you feel better, Suze.