Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 7

Old 08-31-2018, 04:20 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Happy Friday. I hope everyone is doing well. If you are struggling right now please have your plan in place for the weekend. Let's all commit to eachother - No Day 1's this weekend!!!
What's going on this weekend for everyone? The only real plans I have other than the usual weekend chores and errands is to babysit my granddaughter on Saturday morning so my daughter can work. It's a holiday weekend in the States this weekend but it looks like rain where I live so maybe I'll plan to catch a movie. Maybe invite family over for a meal. I don't know....a 3 day weekend and I have no plans! lol

I'm still going strong with no diet coke and no sugar/grains. Last night after TKD was the hardest moment so far. All I ate before class was a Larabar and after class I was STARVING. And I knew we had no food at home. Let's just day going to the store hungry is not the easiest thing to do. BUT I did good! I bought fruit, cheese and organic tortilla chips with salsa. I'm really proud of myself for that

Have a great weekend all!
Old 08-31-2018, 08:10 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I really think I'm ready to have a nervous breakdown .
I'm waiting on the kids I look after to be dropped off .
6 days left of my mil .
Now my parents are here in the village and my husband or mil don't like them . Oh the stress . I don't know if I'm still hi over or just total stress overload .
Old 08-31-2018, 06:58 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, just checking in before bed.
I need to read back but hopefully all is well out there. Will post more tomorrow 💜😴
Old 08-31-2018, 07:51 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

Post here as much as you need to Strawberry.

D
Old 08-31-2018, 10:27 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi All,

Most of you won’t remember me but I had about 14 days in your group in April. When I slipped I went on to drink very heavily, every single day, for another 3 to 4 months. It became hell.

I started another stint of sobreity on July 30th and now have 34 days. I keep an eye on you guys and take inspiration from all of you that have kept going since that time when I was first here.

And without taking anything away from anyone - I especially look at for you Daisy. You’re one awesomely beautiful and inspiring human being.

Regards,

JT
Old 09-01-2018, 12:51 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

Oh, I doubt you'll be unremembered here JT
Congrats on 34 days !

D
Old 09-01-2018, 04:10 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

And just like that JT is back!! I don’t think there is anyone on here who won’t remember you Tony. Way to go on getting some sober days under your belt. I am currently at 42 days sober and feeling like a new person! Take care my friend 😊
Old 09-01-2018, 04:20 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Straw, how are you today?
Justtony, You gave me some lovely words if support when I first joined this class, thank you! I am pleases to hear you have some good sober days going 😀
Old 09-01-2018, 06:56 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Having really heavy fog and dizziness! Hope to feel better tomorrow .
Old 09-01-2018, 01:48 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I was so so close to drinking today. I took one of my friend's tramadol tablets instead and stuck my finger in her wine to taste it. Very dangerous. I am at home in bed now so am safe but on very shaky ground.
Old 09-01-2018, 02:11 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by snitch View Post
I was so so close to drinking today. I took one of my friend's tramadol tablets instead and stuck my finger in her wine to taste it. Very dangerous. I am at home in bed now so am safe but on very shaky ground.
So glad you didn’t drink Suze. You and your posts help keep me strong. I am leaving now for the church festival where I will be cooking chicken wings and beer will be flowing right next to me all night and all day tomorrow. I am stopping on the way and filling to the Gill with food so not tempted as soon as I get there.
Old 09-01-2018, 03:56 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hello my lovely Aprils
I'm back and I'm hoping to find you all well, happy and sober, I've missed you all.
I've had a great time with the g.kiddo's and the weather was kind to us, we've had lot's of beach time and lots of fun, just one incident when the kiddo's were playing crazy golf and the youngest boy( aged 8) swung his club the same time as the oldest one( age 11) bent foward and received the full brunt of the golf club right smack on his forehead giving him a deep cut, which needed gluing together! O.M.G the blood and the drama, the oldest one ( the apple of my eye, but don't tell the other 2) is on the Asperger's spectrum and one of his 'thing's is blood and there was lots of blood. He was convinced, totally convinced that he was going to die, his life blood was draining away, he's not the bravest of bunnies at the best of time but this was a major trauma. The nurse did her very best not to laugh and had to leave the room at one point to compose herself. Anyway he's fine, he's alive, but he starts high school on Tuesday and he'll be going with a lovely purple egg on his forhead and a big gash, bless him.
Other than that it was a great week. Unforgetable even.

Dee, I hope your back is much better now and you are resting when you need to.

Viper, I hope your health is improving by the day. You're doing really well.

K.girl, you're doing so well with the healthy eating plan. I ate loads of rubbish while I was away, so a fresh start tomorrow for me with the diet. I am determined to eat healthily and I'm in the right frame of mind now to do it.
Got lots of washing to catch up with this weekend, my kitchen resembled a Chinese laundry today. Enjoy your long weekend, it was a 3 day holiday weekend here last week.

Hold on Strawberry and..... breathe... 'this too shall pass.' You can't control what your MIL, husband and your parents think or do, leave them to it and let it all go over your head, just concentrate on yourself and staying sober. Easier said than done I know, but not many more days now till your inlaws leave and hopefully you'll be able to relax a bit more and have some 'you' time. Take good care of yourself.

Tony, thank you so very much for that kind comment, it meant more than you could ever know.
I think everyone here will remember you, if you read back to where you stopped posting you will see how much you were missed. I'm delighted you're back and I'm very proud that you have 34 days sober. That's awesome and I always knew you could do it. Please pop in and say hello any time. Sending you much love. xx

Suze, I love your honesty and I'm so glad you went home and put yourself to bed. Can you talk to your sponsor tomorrow or hopefully get yourself to a meeting? You can do this.

Donny boy, I have every faith in you, you will stay strong tomorrow. You've planned, you're going to stuff your face with food, not that stinking poisonous liquid stuff. Enjoy yourself and I'll look forward to reading all about it.

I'm off to bed now, it's late and I'm tired.
Sleep well all of you. Much love. xxxxxx
Old 09-01-2018, 04:05 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

Whats got you so shaky Snitch?
D
Old 09-01-2018, 06:20 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Just Tony ??? Never heard of him. 😂 30 days 😀 Come on back brohiem!!

Things are getting better for me Daisy and everyone else. Slowly. Slowly, but surely. Things are getting better. My health is slowly improving. I’m not sick all day, and sleeping all afternoon and night. I’m up all day most of the time and feeling better. It’s a tiny bit each day. For a month I was just totaled. My food issues have calmed and the exhaustion and headaches are going away.

I’ve got 46 days down today. It hasn’t been an effort to refrain from drinking. Now that my body is getting over the shock of quitting, I know why I did it. There is no life for me with the booze. There’s no hope of getting out of this situation I’m in with the booze. Plus it’s been over 6 weeks and I’m still recovering. I still don’t feel good. So there is a ton of damage I’m undoing and I’m not getting any younger. Wow. It’s obvious I’m 48 now! I think at 12 weeks this is going to be a lot better. Everything will be.

I’m getting really obsessed with sunglasses. My prescription sunglasses broke and I’m insanely looking at shades. Researching online. Going to shops. I’m out of my mind. I need to put an end to it!! Any distraction, even if it’s a ‘Gucci problem,’ I suppose gets me more and more days. I’m not going to have my head straight for 90 days anyway, or my body healed up. So it is what it is.

I’m binging on The Pinky Blinders. It’s an escape. I’m going to have my snack and watch some Irish Mafia.

Thanks everyone!! 💚💚🐍💚💚
Old 09-01-2018, 09:07 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hi Peeps, back from the festival and cooked so many wings I will be dreaming of them! It was fun though, and yes without any alcohol. I noticed a lot of others hitting the beer fridge more often as the night went on, and it was kind of funny to see how there demeanor changed. I was pretty happy driving home late at night and no worries at all. Tomorrow is a longer day cooking but I will be fine.
Mum, so glad your back! Sounds like you had a awesome time, minus the golfing incident of course 😊 I am heading to bed and will check in tomorrow. Suze, hope you are feeling better💜 and Vipe, rolling with the Gucci glasses, you get more awesome everyday💪🏼 ..... Goodnight 😴
Old 09-01-2018, 09:19 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I’m not actually getting Gucci glasses. I want something tough. I meant Gucci problem’ as in a problem that only someone who has nothing more pressing to worry about except which shades he’ll get. The Oakley soldier and cop shades look terrible on me. I had badass aviators. Probably replace them.

PEAKY Blinders. I’ve been auto corrected or some crap like 4 times.

Alright. Good night 🌙
Old 09-02-2018, 01:44 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Good morning Aprils, hope you slept well or sleeping well or whatever.
I had a good night myself, though my husbands a bit 'off' with me and I don't know why, he's barely said 2 words to me since I got back. I've asked him what's wrong and he's saying nothing but something's bugging him. I've been racking my brains trying to think what I've done wrong but can't think of anything, it's crazy really that I'm even doing that, Oh well, lets see what today brings.

46 days Viper, wow, that's flown by, that's excellent. Is this the longest period of sobriety for you? Whatever, you're doing well anyway and I'm glad that your health is improving little by little. Sobriety suits you.
Pinky Blinders, ,ha ha ha ha, so funny, Peaky Blinders is very popular here but I have to be honest and say I've never watched it, I watch very little t.v etc.
I hope you find some decent 'shades' soon, I could do with some new one's myself for driving.
Take care.

Proud of you Donny boy, I had no doubt at all that you would get through the day without drinking, give yourself a pat on the back. It's very amusing watching people's demeanour change as they drink more, it's become one of my hobbies now when we go anywhere.
Yes, my little break away was very enjoyable, I'll have to try and get a couple of photo's on here.

See you all later, I have a chicken to put in the crock pot. Enjoy Sunday and stay sober no matter what.

Erratic, how are you doing lovely lady?

You too Rowlands, come and post and let us know you're okay.

Thought for the day.

"Don’t waste your time looking back on what you’ve lost. Move on, for life is not meant to be travelled backwards."
Old 09-02-2018, 05:00 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JustTony View Post
Hi All,

Most of you won’t remember me but I had about 14 days in your group in April. When I slipped I went on to drink very heavily, every single day, for another 3 to 4 months. It became hell.

I started another stint of sobreity on July 30th and now have 34 days. I keep an eye on you guys and take inspiration from all of you that have kept going since that time when I was first here.

And without taking anything away from anyone - I especially look at for you Daisy. You’re one awesomely beautiful and inspiring human being.

Regards,

JT
Hi JT and thanks for saying hi! I remember you Kudos on 34 days!
Old 09-02-2018, 05:21 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I had a nice long post all written out and I lost it

I don't have time to rewrite it, Thalo will be here soon. So I'll just say hi and send much love to you all. xoxo
Old 09-02-2018, 06:28 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kgirl41 View Post
I had a nice long post all written out and I lost it

I don't have time to rewrite it, Thalo will be here soon. So I'll just say hi and send much love to you all. xoxo
Right back at you Kgirl!💜