Notices

Class of August 2018 Part Three

Old 08-26-2018, 03:51 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Kit and Red and Welcome TimeToTry I think I missed your entrance

welcome back Zoeydog ODAATCAT and RAL - I think relapse is a clarion call for us to look what we've been doing to stay sober and accept we need to do more.

it may mean making more changes to how we solve problems, deal with stress or have fun - it may mean finding more support opr using the support we have more effectively - it may mean a different approach entirely...

but please don't lose heart...permanent recovery is possible for us all

Congrats to everyone making milestones today - enjoy the concert Barbs sober concerts rock
D
Old 08-26-2018, 04:05 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Day 7 hello

Day 7 and wanted to join the group. Hello all we can all be free of alcohols spell.
Old 08-26-2018, 04:06 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Mactrac, congratulations on five weeks! That is awesome. I hope I lose weight too!
Those of you in your first couple days sober, please take good care of yourselves. Now is the time to pamper the heck out of you! I highly recommend ice cream. And reading recovery stuff.
I'm going to skip the meeting tonight. I know, I said , "no excuses" but I still don't feel good and need to be ready for tomorrow. Long and busy work day. So, I'm not today, but I will very soon! It's something I want to do, even though it's scary. Can't wait to hear how it goes for you Startingover.
Doing laundry and getting ready for tomorrow, then will be back.
Old 08-26-2018, 04:11 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Welcome unshackled. I love your name!
Old 08-26-2018, 04:12 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Welcome Unshackled - I hope so

Karen - I remember the first time I went to a meeting in this city it was the first time in a long time and I had to work up the courage first by just telling myself I was going to drive to the meeting and see what it looked like. This took a lot of the fear away since I didn't even tell myself I had to go in, but after driving back and forth by it a few times I did stop and go in and I was glad I did.

I'll definitely report back how it goes.
Old 08-26-2018, 04:27 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Day 1. Again.
I cannot do this any longer.
I took my son and daughter and a friend to the movies today and I just sat there and cried. My anxiety is at an all time high today. I have got to figure out how to quit for good. I'm hoping to attend a meeting tonight.
I am hoping I feel better tomorrow. But then there is a part of me that thinks well if I'm this miserable tomorrow I sure won't be drinking.
I plan to have another conversation with my husband tonight about how I can quit. At this point I would consider rehab, but it's not a likely possibility.
Just praying for this misery to end. Thanks for listening. I am going to try my hardest to stick close to SR.
Old 08-26-2018, 04:36 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Welcome Kit, Red (I am also a former Dec 2017 group member), Unshackled and any other new members! Anyone who drank over the weekend great job coming straight back here!

I had a good sober weekend. When out to an art gallery, out for lunch then hiking with my husband (who is basically a non drinker other than the occasional beer). Yesterday we did yard work and house cleaning. My cats are shedding SO much as we transition from winter to spring here in northern Australia.

It's the morning of my 9th day sober today and am still fighting the good fight. Happy Monday to all!
Old 08-26-2018, 04:43 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Welcome Citrus and congrats on Day 1! I definitely understand the extremely high post-drinking anxiety. It is one of the major reasons I had to quit. It was lasting longer and longer each time.

You will find lots of wonderful supportive people here. Be kind to yourself and take care of yourself. The first few days are rough but you can get through this.
Old 08-26-2018, 04:46 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Welcome Citrus! I'm sorry you're having such a hard time, and I hope you have a great meeting and talk with your husband. I'm glad you're here, let us know how you're doing! I want you to know that though I'm so very sorry you're feeling so down and hurt, you talking about it here is a great reminder to me of why it's so important to stay stopped. So, you are already helping others.
Startingover, I love the idea of just planning to drive up and then decide. I can do that! It's not that I've never been to AA before, I have, in fact the best two years of my whole life I was very active in AA. But, this is a different town, etc. etc. Plus, I think when I was younger I didn't have the anxiety over new people and situations that I do now. See what drinking has done for me?
Old 08-26-2018, 05:33 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Welcome, Citrus and Unshackled! Citrus -- I can relate to the crippling anxiety you're feeling. Actually, the thing that finally brought me to go to detox was withdrawal from a medicine for anxiety that I'd been on for more than 15 years. Prior to that I'd been combining that medicine with alcohol because I didn't feel it was working well enough on its own. I'm only 15 days without the medicine or drinking, but I'm finding that stopping drinking is helping tremendously with the anxiety issue. (Probably because a lot of my anxiety came from worrying over what I did when I was drinking.) I hope the farther out you get from that last drink, the more peaceful you'll feel.

Mike and Dave! Congrats on 19 days! I always have my radar out for you two since I'm only a few days behind you.
Old 08-26-2018, 06:05 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome, Citrus and Unshackled! let this time be your time for lasting change

D
Old 08-26-2018, 07:08 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

One week ago...loathing and anxiety

Thinking of you, Citrus. I know so well that sinking feeling. A week ago, I felt as you do now. Woke up in the yard, midnight, staggered to the hidden bottle and poured it out.
I’m embarrassed to say how many times I’ve been there, how many things I’ve tried, but also at a loss to why this SR is so effective at helping me. Honestly, I recognize support is crucial, but it’s made so much more of a difference for me than I would have anticipated. I am hopeful you realize the same benefit.
I’m always logging in from a phone and I’m a dinosaur according to my kids, fingers feel like sausages, so it’s super difficult to read, process, and respond to individual messages. Please check in and see the hope I see from folks who are at 20, 40, 100 days! I can tell you, 7 days from now, you’ll feel 1,000,000 times better. You got this.
Old 08-26-2018, 07:19 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Me as well itsbeentoolong..I'm on an archaic phone....It's so hard to respond to individual achievements..please everyone...know I read them all...
Old 08-26-2018, 07:37 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
MetalRose

Day 1 again...

Hello all.
I'm back again....back at Day 1.
Feeling ashamed, embarrassed, and weak. I have to do this. I need to do this. I pray that this will be my last first day of sobriety.
Old 08-26-2018, 08:07 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

I'm still here all. 'm staying with my sister who just had surgery.

I drove during the early evening with a lovely light show going on over the mountains. I spent the time feeling that longing for a glass of wine or 4 as this is when I love to drink. I suppose this is urge surfing i.e. being mindful of the desire and just letting it wash through you without reacting.

Kudos to all of you who came back right after a slip. I want to follow your example should I do the same and I know I have been close.

Welcome newcomers, I hope you find plenty of support here.
Old 08-26-2018, 08:17 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Welcome/ Welcome back, Citrus, unshackled, and Metalrose. I'm glad you decided to join this group. Lots of understanding and support here. Please stay with us and post away. You can do this.
Old 08-26-2018, 08:30 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

I usually check in here as soon as I wake up. Totally forgot.

I’m back at work after 2 weeks off. I’m ready for the discipline and routine that work brings. It also brings massive cravings but luckily I basically work a back shift so I never drink much from Monday to Thursday. I should get some days under my belt.

I apologize as I joined this group only recently and I’m still not up with who is who yet. I’ll become more precise once I get used to each of you and your back stories.
Old 08-26-2018, 08:34 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Hi all. So much going on still. Good to here from you again Patterson and congrats on 11 days. We're getting there!

I had an interesting episode today. As some of you know, I just got a really good report from my cardiologist recently. I hardly ever go to any other doctors. I think most people here understand, maybe I just don't want to know what I might have done to myself in regards to other stuff. Well this afternoon, I had a fever start and in less than 2 hours, was approaching 102. Went to the walkin clinic and now I'm spending the night in the hospital with a pretty bad infection. The doctor will be in, in the morning to decide what to do with me. They did a scan that showed inflamed kidneys. Anyway, I guess my time of putting off the doctor visits are over. I'll check back in, in the morning.
Old 08-26-2018, 08:42 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Bobdrop I hope that they get you feeling better quickly. You will be in my thoughts.

I am so happy to be ending day 1. I really hope that I can sleep some tonight. I attended my meeting and am feeling a little better about things. I haven't gotten to have a good conversation with my husband yet, but it will happen.

I look forward to being sober with you all tomorrow.
Old 08-26-2018, 09:35 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Hey Bobdrop....we are getting there!!!

A kidney infection jumpstarted me on this trip to quit drinking. It felt like knives in my lower back..fever..chills...sweats.. felt like I had to pee constantly...but I couldn't...it was horrible. I'm on some strong antibiotics, still have a week left to take but feel so much better now...I can empathize completely...get lots of rest and sleep.

Hope you feel better soon...

Patterson...