Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 403

Old 08-13-2018, 02:09 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by erfra7 View Post
"When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us."

-- Helen Keller

I love this Erfra, and needed this reminder, had a rough day yesterday, thanks for sharing ❤️
Old 08-13-2018, 02:15 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Minion09 View Post
24AAT ��! Checking in! 69 on record!
P.A.W.S... does anyone have any words of wisdom cause physically I feel A ok but mentally I’m feeling shot!?! I can’t pick up, and don’t want to but the brain is toying with the thought of it cause I feel rough!

Anyhow! Much love to all today!❤️
Hang in there Minion ❤️ i’ve been reading about PAWS too, knowledge is power as they say. My moods have been really up and down, the last couple of days mostly down. I think knowing that PAWS is a real thing helps me deal with it. Seriously considered drinking yesterday, no one particular reason, just everything is really challenging at times like now , and sadness over my Mum being frail and unwell and my Dad too, managing my uni workload is hard and feeling like squashed sh.t and second guessing every decision I’ve made and thinking about oblivion but I know it’s a really really bad idea. One day at a time, we can do this ❤️ Keep posting Minion, together we’re stronger sending you love and support, together we can all get through this x
Old 08-13-2018, 02:20 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
And some potentially good news for me.....my/our immigration lawyer just returned my call....he does not think anything is imminent re our altered-status interview, and he does think dear PJ that your idea of getting my student visa reinstated could work, so yey. Hope in the dark. I might actually be able to stay in America....
I wasn’t around over the weekend, but I’ve been reading back today and I am very sorry things took such a wrong turn. That is just appalling . I can’t imagine how tough that is for you. So I am really happy to hear that something is going better, and that you can probably stay. Sending hugs and love, and hope for many, many more good things for you each and every day.

Red
Old 08-13-2018, 02:20 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Another 24 hours please, I just need to get through today, one day at a time, love and support to you all, especially all of you who are struggling right now❤️❤️
(((Suze)))
(((Kevlar)))

Love Willow xx
Old 08-13-2018, 02:22 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  

And some potentially good news for me.....my/our immigration lawyer just returned my call....he does not think anything is imminent re our altered-status interview, and he does think dear PJ that your idea of getting my student visa reinstated could work, so yey. Hope in the dark. I might actually be able to stay in America....
This is wonderful news for you, I’m so glad ❤️❤️❤️
Old 08-13-2018, 03:07 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  

How cosmic that I chose and needed to post this second....kev....darling.....I know, I know, I really know.....I lie awake all night thinking why????

You need to try and let go dear friend....he is closing the door. I have no idea how some people can be so cruel.....but your guy is exemplifying some fairly insensitive traits at this juncture.....this is not the man you loved.....this is the mean one you don't want or need anymore.

I love you. So much. I FEEL your pain. ♥♥♥♥♥
Andy.....how nice to see you here love.

kev honey......I am here for you, we all are....you have been through so much this past week.....and your hormones must be insane right now....everything will be harder to deal with....you need kindness and flowers and ice cream and maybe even something new....something you need that you can buy very reasonably on Amazon....that's what I did....I just re-bought my favourite Louise Hay book, You Can Heal Your Life and the companion guide as well....

♥♥♥♥♥
Thanks Venus, I love you too! I know you, you know how it feels... I go back and forth between being so angry at the way he treats me, just shocked at how he could turn that way. And then I question what I have done wrong, how I upset him so much, if I was too pushy or asking for too much. If I should've kept the miscarriage thing to myself because if I'm honest, I knew he wouldn't take it well. But I was selfish and had to tell him, just because I thought it would help me a little bit. I always knew that it could happen he'd react badly and I'd fall even harder. And it happened. Like it happened every time in this relationship I tried to make him take responsibility for his actions or problems. I always end up feeling worse and wish I had kept suffering in silence, letting him have things his way. That can't be a good base for a relationship, can it?

I just never expected him to want to avoid me so much that he doesn't even want to see me when I collect my belongings. This was all new development since I told him about the miscarriage and I am so shocked. He was always the first calling other men out on their sexist behaviour or on not taking responsibility. I just never thought he'd do this. Not to that extreme.

I feel so burned out. I just don't know how to process all of this.
Old 08-13-2018, 03:07 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  
nmd

In for 24
Old 08-13-2018, 03:10 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  

You can't process it kev....if we could understand, truly understand how or why these guys did this, well we wouldn't be the kind caring women we are.....do you know what I mean?

EDIT: If anyone is looking for me I am going out for a while....yes, that's right, I am dressed and looking gorgeous and I am rejoining the world.
Old 08-13-2018, 03:16 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  

You can't process it kev....if we could understand, truly understand how or why these guys did this, well we wouldn't be the kind caring women we are.....do you know what I mean?

EDIT: If anyone is looking for me I am going out for a while....yes, that's right, I am dressed and looking gorgeous and I am rejoining the world.
Enjoy your time in the outside world! And I think you are probably right about the above. It's just so hard to accept that.

Love you <3
Old 08-13-2018, 04:06 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Great news Suze! Have fun

Kev, I have been where you are. So frustrating. I know. I can tell you it does get better. But people that act like him will rarely give answers.
Old 08-13-2018, 04:39 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  

24 more I do implore--I must maintain my healthy score~~
Old 08-13-2018, 04:42 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jack16 View Post
I'm back in. Feeling very sheepish about it. But mostly I want to say SORRY. It was really crappy to disappear, without a word, when so many people on this thread had cared and supported so much.

I don't know what happened. One day last month I just started drinking. Nothing really led up to it. I was feeling really good. It just happened.

I was over 4 months sober then and everything was going great.

That first time I drank wasn't too disastrous, and I suppose since then I drank maybe 6 times. And each time I went all out.

So, I did it, I wish I hadn't, but I'm back on the horse. It's back to square one. but I still have those 4+ months, it's still sober time and sober muscles. That's the way I'm looking at it anyway.

So again - I'm sorry for the way I bailed without a word, it was really inconsiderate. But I'm pleased to be back, and I'm looking forward to catch up with you all x
Like a thief in the night that old AV gains control------
Glad your'e back Jack
Old 08-13-2018, 04:49 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Jack!! So good to see you again.... I was thinking about you the other day and wondering how you are .... glad you are back with us. Weev, hope you are OK xxx and where is Soberleigh? Hope you're OK Leigh.

Lots of love Kev, Jo, Venus and everyone ... thinking of you all xxx

Phenomenal day at Animal Kingdom and Typhoon Lagoon today. I'm sunburnt, my feet ache (we're averaging 25,000 steps each day), we're up early every morning and getting to bed super late ... I'm being asked a trillion questions by my children each day.... 'mum, what is the relationship between Mickey and Minnie?'......'mum, why isn't Pluto a planet anymore?' ..... 'mum, what really happened to the dinosaurs?' ..... etc etc .... and I have never been happier. Each day is packed full of fun .... there's no way I could do this trip hungover. This is the best holiday ever.... I love Disney, I love Orlando, I love that my kids think I know the answers to everything... I love this incredible sober life. 24 more for me please xxx
Old 08-13-2018, 05:23 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  

24 more for me
Old 08-13-2018, 05:28 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Welcome back, Jack.

Sweet Sober Dreams, Dear Ones.
Old 08-13-2018, 05:49 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  

That's wonderful news Suze!
❤️❤️
24 more for me
❤️❤️
Old 08-13-2018, 06:11 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Need to post early tomorrow guys....collating and formatting is hard when you are very stressed....for me anyway.....I did have a lovely night though....see you in the morning. xx ♥♥
Old 08-13-2018, 06:58 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Peace to everyone.

Another 24, please at 2100 central..
Old 08-13-2018, 07:00 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Checking in for 24.
Old 08-13-2018, 07:04 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17