Notices

One Year & Over Part 62

Old 08-13-2018, 01:28 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Welcome, AtomicBlue! Congratulations on a year!

Congratulations to you, too, Andy!

There’s nothing like fresh-baked bread!
Old 08-13-2018, 02:11 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Re-Member

[QUOTE=venuscat;6982427]Itch....Nick left me.[/QUOTE

(((Suze)))That sucks. I'm so sorry but now the visa worries are clear.
Old 08-13-2018, 02:13 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Itch, are you still awake, or just waking up?
Old 08-13-2018, 02:18 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Still awake. Way too late. Sleeping in till the crack of noon.
Old 08-13-2018, 03:18 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs.

Welcome, AtomicBlue and big congrats on 1 year sober!

(((Suze))), sending positive thoughts and loads of hugs your way.

Have a good Monday.
Old 08-13-2018, 03:59 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Welcome, AtomicBlue!

Suze

Busy day ahead. No jury duty this morning, perhaps this afternoon. Then I record my Shair Recovery Podcast with Omar tonight. Get to tell the whole story of my addiction. Should be interesting.

Have a Marvelous Monday, overs!
Old 08-13-2018, 09:29 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Welcome AtomicBlue and congrats on one year! That's a huge achievement!

Suze
Old 08-13-2018, 10:59 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Hey everyone! Made it thru the weekend and back to the world of the working today. Been okay today and go sweat at the gym shortly. That makes me fell better...always.
Was at the lake over the weekend. I have wrote in the past (I know you won't recall) about me and my sister in law not getting along so well. I never knew that my drinking affected her so deeply. Apparently it did. Then me and my husband had split up for a few months but decided to work it out and that affected her deeply too. So for three years I did everything short of begging to have a relationship with her to no avail. I finally just decided to let go. I had apologized and tried to mend every way I knew how. I had accepted that somehow it just wasn't meant to be and we do loose people in the process of trying to do things a different way, no matter what. She extended and olive branch two weekends ago and I accepted as they are now coming back around our lake property (owned by my hubby and hers who are brothers). That weekend did okay she is just a do-er. A do-everything ER....I dont like that. It bothers me so much. So this weekend her over doing it was on high and man...I struggled. My Mom (alanon for 40 plus years) keeps telling me to let it go...its just plates or spoons or paper towels (whatever it may be). I know this is another part of my illness that I usually would just drink it away. All my hubby's family (and hubby) just drink til the cows come home and have no idea how much it affects me. He tried and admits he has no idea how it affects me but neither do they even try to help me. They don't have a clue. But I push it out of my mind. Ignore the booze. Drink my slushee and eat a cookie, go to bed early.
Old 08-13-2018, 11:28 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

I’m sorry, Key. Super-energetic, super-industrious people make us all feel inferior by definition!

Make sure you take getaway breaks from the action. Just five minutes posting a frustration on here can enable you to go back to the war zone relatively calm and composed.
Old 08-13-2018, 02:03 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Hi Overs!

A quick check in just to say hi and that I'm still on the look-out for new employment but only have 3 days left where I am now, so will likely have a little more time to pop in soon
Old 08-13-2018, 04:36 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
Itch, are you still awake, or just waking up?

This morning I opened up this Surface and saw this still in the submit reply box:

"Still awake. Way too late. Sleeping in till the crack of noon."

I was so tired I went to bed and forgot to click submit reply.
Old 08-13-2018, 04:56 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Welcome Atomic Blue! Here's our secret Overs greeting, study it and if you decide to meet one of us in RW, and aren't sure which is the Over, you can weed out the non-overs by trying this greeting on them all until one returns it. So practice, and keep it secret:

FBl, that should be interesting. Is it accessible to anyone?

Key,
I'm with Gil on this one.

Hey FG!
I hope you get some news soon.

Hey Star, Sassy And all the "Overs!"

Stayed up too late, yawn . . . I did nothing but posts about Musk and his plans to take Tesla private today. Dang shorts! They'd complain if you hung 'em with a new rope. I am a very happy long though.
Old 08-13-2018, 05:55 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

LOL. I love it. I remember trying to replicate the 3 amigos “greeting” with some buddies on the playground in elementary school. Time to brush up on my skills. What is RW by the way?
Old 08-13-2018, 05:56 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

I think he meant "Real World."
Old 08-13-2018, 05:59 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Ahh, makes sense. Thanks.
Old 08-13-2018, 10:05 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs!

My cats are going crazy, they think they have to bring me little critters in, Missy seems to love bringing in moths but I fear she has brought a little mouse or shrew in and it’s running around somewhere! Eeek!

Have a good day overs xx
Old 08-14-2018, 12:05 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

I had that problem with one of my cats Mags, a real hunter who just loved to bring me ‘presents’!

Key, I don’t envy you being around a bunch of drinkers, I find them tedious these days rather than tempting. As to the ‘doer’ next time take her a made up hamper of little luxuries as a pre-emotive thank you and as your wise mum suggests, let it go. ‘Doing’ is possibly part of her issues in life, she may ‘need to be needed’ I know I was like that for a long time and was excessive in my desire to ‘help’ everyone by doing everything. I wasn’t appreciated for it, but nothing changed me until counselling opened my eyes to the ‘whys’ of it. Remember, Key, we all have our own issues to deal with and perhaps this is hers.
Old 08-14-2018, 02:49 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

^^^ Happy Anni Ms toots. xx

I think this is the biggest anniversary list I have done in the 24-hr thread for over a year.....it is a beautiful thing.

Old 08-14-2018, 04:00 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Wow, Key!

(And wow, Toots)!

That is a terrific response that Toots gave you about your sister-in-law! Preparing and giving her a little gift basket would no doubt please her (at least that you thought of her, if nothing else)--and the process of thinking of things to bless her would absolutely do you a world of good, too.

When we imagine things that might please people, it causes us to reflect on them in a state of happiness and enjoyment--and in a state where they are most likely to engender affection.

You'll almost certainly grow in warmth toward her by giving her the little luxury basket!
Old 08-14-2018, 04:06 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Got called into jury duty yesterday afternoon. Sat around for awhile, then got called in for a case. Wouldn't you know it, it was a DUI case! So, of course, there were some questions for all of us about past history, alcohol use, etc. Because I wasn't selected, I'm now free of any further obligations, at least for the next 4 years. I have no doubt I'll be called upon again. This is the 4th time I've been summoned in 26 years!

I had to hustle, but I did get back in time for my Shair Podcast interview. It was the first time I ever laid out my whole story, at least verbally. The host had some connection problems early on, but he got those squared away and I think it went pretty well. My story isn't nearly as dramatic as some he's had on his show, but it's MY story and that what he wants to hear. It'll probably be a month or two before it's actually posted. Anybody can listen and I'll post a link here for anybody that wants to hear it.

Have a Terrific Tuesday, overs!