Notices

One Year & Over Part 62

Old 09-21-2018, 12:12 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Itch- I too refuse opioids. I juggle paracetamol, aspirin and ipobrufen ..all carefully. I still smoke, 8 a day down from 40...getting there.

Watch out world- Mags the retiree delinquent is out there. I am glad your last day was a nice one.
Old 09-21-2018, 12:24 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Condolences on Mrs Ts loss. We had many honorary aunts and uncles when we were growing up, and they were often additional figures of affection and discipline throughout our childhood.

FBL I look forward to listening, I am sur it will be inspirational to any looking for a way out of the depths of despair.

Mags, I am so glad your last day was a reflection of the love and affection you inspired among those you worked with. Enjoy your duvet day.

I have spent the last week in Spain, with a friend. I wasn't sure how it would work out as we are not especially close, but she was due a little break from reality as she is a hard working single mum whose son has just left for uni so is feeling the empty nest right now. Actually it has worked out ok, we enjoy each other's company but give each other space too. That said, this trip I will be glad to get home, via Maw n Paws to collect Miss Molly. I don't leave here til Sunday, so two more days of sunshine to absorb and store for the long dreek autumn and winter ahead.

Itch - I think I prefer David Greys 'Babble on' Terry Wogans tune! ( prob only a pun the English among us would get)
Old 09-21-2018, 01:01 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Getting a super early start to my Friday. The temps have actually been going UP all night and the wind was blowing hard. I couldn't get back to sleep, so here I am. It's 80F at 3am and will be in the 50s by later today, so fall is certainly on the way.

Have a Fantastic Friday, overs!
Old 09-21-2018, 03:21 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  
Magsie

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Itch- I too refuse opioids. I juggle paracetamol, aspirin and ipobrufen ..all carefully. I still smoke, 8 a day down from 40...getting there.

Watch out world- Mags the retiree delinquent is out there. I am glad your last day was a nice one.
Haha, PJ.

Thanks toots, pleased you’re having a good week, do you ever wake up and wonder where you are, Scotland or Spain? Lol
Old 09-21-2018, 05:05 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Mags, glad you had a good party for your last day! Love the image I picture of your t-shirt. Love PJ’s description of retirement delinquent.

Andy, sorry about Mrs T’s honorary aunt. Sometimes non-blood relatives are just as close (or more so) than others.

Itchy, great that you’ve done so well with investing. In a much smaller way I had a couple of very good runs. I didn’t have the intestinal fortitude to hang in for long

FBL, those temps are quite an amazing range.

Hi SG

Toots, enjoy the last of your sun for a bit - I am sure Molly will be happy to have you back.

PJ

Have a perfect POETS Day, Overs!
Old 09-21-2018, 06:19 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Itchy, I hope you had money in Tilray. Crazy how Wall Street is eager to jump on the marijuana band wagon. It could be the late nineties tech boom all over again.
Old 09-21-2018, 03:45 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Aw Andy,
Pass along my condolences to Mrs T too.

Mags,
It is exciting when you make money in one day. One of my few remaining above ground good friends was listening to me when I called him early in the day to tell him what I bought. Everyone I tried to tell to buy Tesla back in 2010 when it IPO'd for 17 bucks a share has since told me they wish they had listened to me. Bob this time hung up after saying he was going to buy some. This was Monday.I freaked out because he wasn't doing his research but trusted me. Sheesh! So I hear nothing from him until he calls late the next day. He thanked me for a great stock tip. Told me he bought 5000 shares at $2.99 and sold the next day with bars set to sell part if it goes this high, then more if it gets the next price and finally sell the last if it goes this high. Well he sold it all the next day as the price rose and made $6k in one day. So I have been invited out for a steak dinner on him. However, I told him I did not have the 7 years to learn the MJ industry because it has not been made legal by any country except Uruguay until now, and I think South Africa is legalizing too.
Anyway Mags my trades are long, and I hold them for years usually with a new market like this. So they are more boring than exciting. My rush comes from seeing something others may just have missed. There were no electric production cars before Tesla. Same deal.

PJ,
Welcome to the club! I never would mix alcohol and opioids because I knew I was drinking at least one beer in the evenings so even before I was dependent on Ethanol I avoided them too. Good move! I am not a smoking Nazi, my SH still smokes - Outside. She also still drinks, but that is inside. Anyway I have not been able to try CBDs yet but will report back to you next year if they indeed do help with my chronic pain.

Toots,
She sounds like a great new friend! I envy the ability in Europe to get to any place like Spain and the Spanish, FRench and Italian Mediterranean shores.

Sassy,
I only did it twice, 2010 with Tesla buying 1000 shares when they were cheap at $17.00 on IPO, and these two 1000 shares of one at $2.99, and 2000 of the other @ $7.20. So I am a player of only spare change and only what I can afford to lose with no effect on our lifestyle or funds. Boring.

Star,
No I did not go Tilray as it had peaked and if you look they have really dropped. ("buy low, sell high" Warren Buffet) I only started researching and bought last Monday. I buy low and hang in there and may lose but also longs always bear fruit with companies that are already established and I looked hard and chose to buy 2000 shares of Aurora Cannabis for production, which I think is highly under valued. Much has been made about the record boys of other companies and more plant production facilities using stock in exchange for the companies claiming dilution. But this has been going on for the last year with Aurora and that to me is a good thing. They bought only what they did not already do well, and increased their annual production capability that can now be scaled up as needed. They have more kg per year capacity now than the others by far. Aurora has about 60-70% of market share in health in Uruguay. The Uruguay, Paraguay, Argentina and Brazil economic ties are interesting to anyone who hasn't studied the area.
For cannabis health beverages I went with 1000 shares of NBEV, who had been in discussions with Coca Cola who is investigating beverage companies with infusion experience where NBEV shines and already has distribution for their brands. I bought at 2.99 and they closed at $6.15 today. That is the one my friend bought Monday and sold Tuesday I think. I am holding until a month or two after October 17th. But I agree, it is, top paraphrase Yogi, It's deja vu all over again in this market

Well guys, being sober is also a high yield investment that keeps paying all kinds of dividends. I think I'm long on sobriety.
Old 09-21-2018, 04:10 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  
Administrator

OK...I'm really uneasy with this cannabis talk.

I think we should, out of respect for where we are, leave these sort of discussions to PM.

It's really triggering me, and if I'm triggered sure as eggs other pot addicts will be too.

2. Outside Agendas: No posts of an overtly political or religious nature OR posts promoting advocacy of particular personal, medical, legal, religious, political, or non-profit causes. The forums are intended for offering mutual personal support related to recovery from addiction or recovery for family and friends. This is our primary purpose. Debating controversial subjects should be taken elsewhere. Limited references are allowed, but the forums should not be used to convert others. Do not post content or links or materials to and from sites that flame someone's person, religious beliefs, race, national background, sexual orientation, or recovery program/method. It is inappropriate to promote the use of alcohol or drugs on our addiction recovery forums.

Dee
SR
Old 09-21-2018, 04:33 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  
Re-Member

OK. I'll PM you .
Thanks
Old 09-21-2018, 05:44 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Lovely day here in Adelaide land. I am going to force myself to go humasning. I know the symptoms of depression only too well and will not let this miasma take over. I suppose common enough- but basically a profound sense of sadness- that nothing seems to fix. All stemming from an email from bro- who admittedly I was never close to- who has chosen to not be around as a bro. I think it is more that he was the last close family for me - the ex - well, and my sons. An after effect of the shockwave caused by my burns incident methinks (der). I am ok- insofar as doing everything I have to, not smoking lots or drinking more coffee...migraines are in the mix, but again I know what to do. It is like exiting a building when the evacuation siren goes off- I know what to do almost without thinking now. BUT- below it all is still the indomitable gratitude and energy to keep living and growing.
Apols for the diatribe- words help me clarify my thoughts.
Old 09-21-2018, 06:09 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

((((((( pj )))))))
Old 09-21-2018, 07:10 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Re-Member

PJ,
Aww bud sorry you are down and feeling blue. If you are up for suggestions I would say to go to shelters and or hospitals an volunteer to serve food. You would be an inspiration to folks in a burn unit who have given up on themselves. Your quirky sense of ironic humor about it could be just the thing. Anyway, know you are an inspiration to me, and I'm sure many more but I can only speak for myself. The 12 or 13 irrational beliefs apply to relatives too. Perhaps a refresher on this page: https://www.padraigomorain.com/13-ir...-albert-ellis/

PJ thanks for using us as a sound board. It elevates. I'm listening.
Old 09-21-2018, 07:16 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

It does elevate. I think the whole of SR is listening.
Old 09-21-2018, 07:21 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hugs from me to PJ, but can you turn this round and make it into art. Put all your feelings into the picture. You may loathe or love it, but it’s channeling your feelings. Or is that too odd

Itchy, Well done on the success!

I’m up at stupid o’clock again. My body clock all over the place! I’m sure I’ll get it back on track.
Old 09-21-2018, 09:04 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  

I cannot think of a wording for the sound one makes when implying- 'over now'..

I went for another long drive in the Adelaide Hills and that always lifts me spirits. We all know that once we get up and moving- the funk dissipates. Art school break is over now and that will put me back into a routine. Thanks to you all.

I do know that once I would have found solace in the bottom of a bottle. I am still very grateful at my life and what I have achieved.
Old 09-21-2018, 09:33 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  
Administrator

new thread here:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...part-63-a.html (One Year & Over Part 63)

D