Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 402

Old 08-09-2018, 10:38 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

((((Suze and Nick))))

Checking in at 1:38 pm from Wildwood Crest, NJ, USA.
Old 08-09-2018, 10:40 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

A tune thought some of you might like - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCIzxcDm0os
Old 08-09-2018, 10:41 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

((((((((((Suze))))))))))
Old 08-09-2018, 10:44 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

The above love for Suze doesn't at all mean I don't feel the pain emanating from your post Nick. I'm sorry you are in the pit my friend and I really hope you can find the strength within to grab your recovery back with both arms. Guilt and remorse suck us dry. Take care
Old 08-09-2018, 10:54 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Good morning. Checking in for another 24 hours from Oregon!
Old 08-09-2018, 10:58 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Okay there's a thing. A not so great thing. A not-the-end-of-the-world thing but a thing nonetheless.
I just knew the panic attacks hadn't just appeared out of nowhere. Dammit I just knew.
Turns out my not-so-sensible 16 year old daughter had a dabble with the evil weed after the end of her exams at a party. Had a massive panic attack immediately and now it has set her off having them.
Soooooooooooooooo………..what now? Rightly or wrongly I was oddly relieved. At least there is something to explain how it began.
BUT
Cannabis?
My baby?
What the hell?
We are where we are that is all I really have to say. I didn't scold her but made it super clear that under NOcircumstances does she touch drugs ever again. She is allergic to the effects (so I told her) and it would be utterly reckless to dabble again.
I am keeping this between the 2 of us (and you guys lol) and continuing to support her on her journey to manage the resulting anxiety and panic.
Truth?
I am really pi$$ed off that she let me worry without confessing sooner. I have been in a world of pain and she knew it. There. I have confessed.
I am focussing on the fact that (eventually) she did end up telling me and that this has frightened her in to making better decisions.
I think I handled it well. Okay I have no idea if I handled it well but the fact is that if I come down on her too hard she won't tell me things so for better or worse my decision is to accept that she dabbled ("everyone does it mum") and it didn't go well.
So we keep carrying on and trying to make the next right decisions for ourselves and our children. Sheesh adulting sucks sometimes!
24 please!!!!!!!
Old 08-09-2018, 11:32 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  
If I had a dime for every time I made a mistake, I would be sitting on a big pile of dimes.

I am in.. 24 more hours.. This is day four.. ugh.
Old 08-09-2018, 11:43 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Goodnight and Love to All
Old 08-09-2018, 11:46 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Okay there's a thing. A not so great thing. A not-the-end-of-the-world thing but a thing nonetheless.
I just knew the panic attacks hadn't just appeared out of nowhere. Dammit I just knew.
Turns out my not-so-sensible 16 year old daughter had a dabble with the evil weed after the end of her exams at a party. Had a massive panic attack immediately and now it has set her off having them.
Soooooooooooooooo………..what now? Rightly or wrongly I was oddly relieved. At least there is something to explain how it began.
BUT
Cannabis?
My baby?
What the hell?
We are where we are that is all I really have to say. I didn't scold her but made it super clear that under NOcircumstances does she touch drugs ever again. She is allergic to the effects (so I told her) and it would be utterly reckless to dabble again.
I am keeping this between the 2 of us (and you guys lol) and continuing to support her on her journey to manage the resulting anxiety and panic.
Truth?
I am really pi$$ed off that she let me worry without confessing sooner. I have been in a world of pain and she knew it. There. I have confessed.
I am focussing on the fact that (eventually) she did end up telling me and that this has frightened her in to making better decisions.
I think I handled it well. Okay I have no idea if I handled it well but the fact is that if I come down on her too hard she won't tell me things so for better or worse my decision is to accept that she dabbled ("everyone does it mum") and it didn't go well.
So we keep carrying on and trying to make the next right decisions for ourselves and our children. Sheesh adulting sucks sometimes!
24 please!!!!!!!i
My daughter ( now 25) got a full arm sleeve tattoo. proved quite a challenge for me.
Old 08-09-2018, 11:52 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SportPilot View Post
I am in.. 24 more hours.. This is day four.. ugh.
Welcome.....and day four is awesome!!!!
Old 08-09-2018, 11:53 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Venus hope you are ok and Nick also
Old 08-09-2018, 11:57 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Ha soberista..... I feel you....but tattoos and young people so go together now....why? Art is the answer. Why I ask?
And have you seen the ad on TV with the older lady...so funny....

jojo honey.....you did this perfectly. Absolutely no point in being harsh and alienating her and quite frankly I am super-impressed that she told you at all. Your girl has guts and she knows she can trust her mum.....errrrmmmm.....that's brilliant mum'ing love.
Old 08-09-2018, 11:58 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Not in a good place myself but I am sending all the love I have to those of you who are struggling right now. Fridayis the perfect time to do a ritual, right before the eclipse to write down the direction you want and intend your life to go in. Time to release what is no longer serving you and move forward and into the light.

Love you all.
Old 08-09-2018, 11:59 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

(((Sunny))) ♥
Old 08-09-2018, 12:00 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Neoo View Post
Venus hope you are ok and Nick also
Mot so much unfortunately Neoo.
Old 08-09-2018, 12:01 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that Venus..I hope you both be ok and sending my best wishes Jeez I'm awful at giving advice lol
Old 08-09-2018, 12:02 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Love is the best help you can give....and you are giving that so thank you so much ♥♥
Old 08-09-2018, 12:19 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Soberista, I'm 26 and also covered in ink, my parents are not thrilled and every time I visit them they pretend they're OK with how I look but I can see they're clearly not haha. Tattoo scene has changed so much in recent years tho... ah I could write and write about this.

Ohh I love the ad Suze! So funny!
(still thinking of you and sending you hugs and all my love ♥♥♥ )

Snufs is in for 24! I'm moving soon and I'm packing all my stuff just now... gosh I collected so much rubbish over the years... unbelievable. Uh huh... I keep finding empties hidden in stupid places, like inside empty shoe boxes, behind my desk, behind a printer... It's sad and awful. I hope my new flat will be 100% bottles free.
Old 08-09-2018, 12:26 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Thank you Suuzzee Poozzee ❤❤❤
I'm glad I can openly talk about this here. What a kind open safe place we have. I feel blessed to be part our our lovely little gang.
Old 08-09-2018, 12:31 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Jo, I think it's amazing that your teenage daughter feels safe and comfortable to talk to you about stuff like that. You're an extraordinary parent.