Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 401

Old 08-01-2018, 04:14 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Plenny View Post
I guess this is the wrong place maybe I should have just put that post elsewhere. Feeling really unbalanced right now and disoriented
Oh darling....I wish I had been here when you posted.
So much love.

OK...so....I said something to snuf yesterday that I truly mean:

When in doubt, do nothing.

Now, before you scoff it doesn't mean ignore anything...it means when we are not sure of the road ahead, most especially when we are going to take a giant leap.....wait....why not? If it's right, it will be there next month or soon....pushing ourselves to make a decision that feels uncomfortable isn't good for us....for anyone....maybe your guy will get this and you will work it out....time is good....if you can take time....take it. Even just a little. Even just a day for you all by yourself to hear your heart and soul. ♥♥
Old 08-01-2018, 04:16 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Oh guys things here are not great at all. I'm fighting my own internal ball of anxiety every day which is manageable to a degree but now my eldest daughter has started with panic attacks and anxiety totally out of the blue.
Poor thing I can see it in her face and it's heart breaking to see. We are on holiday too which is just bloody awkward and I just want to take her home. It's 8pm now and she and I are back in our room and I've set her up with a mindful meditation to try.
Honestly? This is just awful. I can absolutely see what she is going through but until we get home and in our own little bubble again I'm struggling to help her. Even worse still I'm not exactly calm myself but of course I'm putting a lid on that and faking it for her.
I might even resort to some of that praying tonight.
I need 24 please and just a little break in the panic anxiety cycle for Hannah ❤❤❤
It's going to be OK. It really is.
And I have Messenger open....lots of us are right here with you honey...breathe.....instead of beating yourself up, think instead of how you are able to better help her because of all you have dealt with....you can....and she will be alright. ♥♥
Old 08-01-2018, 04:16 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Beautiful wise words Venuscat ❤️
Old 08-01-2018, 04:20 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Thank you my love. ♥♥♥

And glad you got through that alleyway.....sheesh.....sneaky Harry-Potter style crazy enticement....but you made it....again.....you are doing so so well!!!
Old 08-01-2018, 04:28 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'd like another day sober please.
Old 08-01-2018, 04:38 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

This is a list of everyone who posted their commitment to stay sober in the last
24 hours: 8 pm EDT ~ 7.59 pm EDT.

It is awesome to have every single one of you here with us!

1newcreation
abcowboy
Alysheba
ananda
Atlast9999
aussieblue
Awake61
Babs1234
badgerden
bandicoot2
BarbieKen
Ben123
BrandNewDay11
Bubovski
Canadian Koala
CeeFarro
ChloeRose63
Coldfusion
county111111
CrossYourHeart
Daisybelle
Dee74
Delilah1
Endoftheday
erfra7
Finalcall
Free2bme888
FormerBeerLover
Gabe1980
gatorman
Gilmer
Goat
goodbyeevan
goose333
Hats
Hevyn
heyfly
Jack16
joandmelandhan
jsm273
julietUK
Kaneda8888
kenton
kevlarsjal2
Kris47
Lascaux
least
lilymaz
Lostmyoffswitch
lyddie
Mags1
Minion09
Marcutah1
Neoo
Nic233
nmd
PaigeMasters
PeaceB4
PhoenixJ
Pinky1
Plenny
Quincy
quitter62
Rainman1
Rar
RedBerryJuniper
Saskia
ShenzyT
Snufkin
soberista
SoberLeigh
stargazer016
Sunflower79
Sunflowerlife
Sweetpeacan
tgirl
TheToddman
theVman31
time2LLL60
Tinker B
tomls
vanaprastha
vassvik
venuscat
Vinificent
WaterOx
WeaverBird
Whendovescry
Willow68
wiscsober
YCDT2
Yixi
yukonm
Zanna
zeppodog
zoeydog

Onward together!

August 2, 2018

theVman31 ~ 5 months!
zeppodog ~ 5 months!
Canadian Koala ~ 1 year & 8 months!
kenton ~ 1 year & 9 months!
vanaprastha ~ 3 years!!!

Old 08-01-2018, 04:47 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Lovely to see my name back on the list
Thank you Suze for including me and keeping track
Committing to 24 more
9.46am Brissie
Love to all
❤️
Old 08-01-2018, 05:08 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

I hope you and your daughter can still enjoy the rest of your holiday anxiety free joandmelandhan !

Willow, well done for staying strong! When it catches you by surprise situations like that can be so challenging. What a difference it makes when we have time to prepare mentally...

It's bed time for me, it still has 30C indoors and it feels like there is zero fresh air left in this city. And nearly no place has air conditioning, it's not really a thing here.
Also I messed up my daily post-surgery injection (to prevent my blood from clumping while I can't move) and it hurt and started to bleed and I feel like something went wrong. I was just moody enough already without that happening.
Also I saw that my ex/bf produced some music a year ago which he uploaded on a platform but he never told me about it and didn't show it to me either. Which reminded me of how insecure he is and how he kept a lot of stuff a secret cause he'd be ashamed or think I wouldn't like / approve of it. I feel sad about this but also I just got really annoyed. He's the funniest, most caring, smartest and in many way best guy I have ever met. But why does he have to be so complicated? It was always such a struggle with him. Sometimes things would go well, when there was a holiday planned or when we were on holiday or had a nice and relaxing weekend but as soon as there was too much every day life he turns into a stressed, anxious, depressed and inflexible mess. It took me so much energy to try and get him out of his little shell and whenever I managed to it made me so happy to see him thrive and to see him happy and relaxed. But it never seemed to last long. He's like a very rare and delicate find that needs lots of careful treatment and patience and if you do it right you'll be rewarded but if you only lose patience once, it'll all be messed up and gone. Ugh! He's still so special to me. I just can't with myself, I am so annoyed!
Sorry for ranting, not that I am better in any way...
Old 08-01-2018, 06:28 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Checking in for 24.
Old 08-01-2018, 06:36 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

And 24 here also at 20.37 central.

G'night y'all...
Old 08-01-2018, 07:00 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Deep breaths dearest Minion. And loads of hugs from us. ♥♥♥
Thanks Venuscat 💕💕. I always appreciate your upbeat spirit! Made it through and happy to be sober! Hugs back at you!🤗🤗
Old 08-01-2018, 07:39 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

24 more please. Thank you suze, that is the same suggestion my sponsor gave me. She has a white sandy beach with a dingy tied to a stump with a thick rope, an island and a waterfall.... I have a few places in my mind I just need to take the time to practice.
Sometimes I can meditate successfully for a few minutes but often find myself (subconsciously?) avoiding it. I like to always be cleaning something or listening to the morning news, a podcast, music, the tv in the background. It's maybe that blank mental spot I'm afraid of? I don't know. I need to be more diligent in it. Enough research, get to work. I've been toying with the idea of seeing a doctor and going back on what I know I shouldn't. It's tempting some days but then I don't work and the attack gets a bit further away and I start to feel positive and proactive again. Then I get a flash of the panic and feel the "whitewater" start to rise. I am able to stop it sometimes, but it's like it's always there now, waiting for me to think about it. And as soon as i do, it gains power. Ugh.

Jo I am so sorry about your daughter. Do you get panic attacks? My gram got them when she quit drinking and told me yesterday it took 5 to 10 years before she stopped getting "flashes". I wonder if it has to do with genetics? At least in my case, I do.
Good vibes to those struggling tonight/today/yesterday. I am feeling excited for fall as it's been rainy and a bit chilly here.
Lots more I wish I could talk about but I know this isn't the place. Maybe I'll make a thread in the anxiety sub-forum.
Old 08-01-2018, 07:40 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

24 more for me too please. Cat decided it was play and feed time @ 3am. Off back to sleep now x
Old 08-01-2018, 07:46 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

All set for another 24 hours sober!

7:46 PM in the Salish Sea.
Old 08-01-2018, 07:50 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

24 hours at a time seems to be working, so I'll do another 24 hours.
Old 08-01-2018, 08:10 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Hey everyone, Trying some multi quotes here... 5 years later and I'm finally trying to use some of the tools to help me post better.

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
When in doubt, do nothing.
Suze, thanks for reminding me of this. I have a super hard time not being reactionary. Even over-reactionary, and I become consumed with anxiety and sometimes I go into a full blown episode. Today I didn't go that far but I did not do nothing. I do think that if I had tried that things might have turned out better. It is going to become my anthem for the next little while. If anything, I can use all of these experiences to try to get better at handling things. That is what I want out of my sobriety.

Originally Posted by kevlarsjal2 View Post
It took me so much energy to try and get him out of his little shell and whenever I managed to it made me so happy to see him thrive and to see him happy and relaxed.
I went to a new meeting tonight, and there were a bunch of old timers there. We were a small meeting (due to our own no air conditioning issues), so us newbies got a lot of attention. I finally got to express my situation from today, and afterwards got to talk to some of them about it and they just kept telling me to take care of myself first. Because they could tell how occupied my thoughts are with my SO and that it takes away from my own healing. Something about your post did make me want to tell you the same things they told me. And it is in combination I think with what Suze was telling me too, sort of like if we are so frustrated that something just isn't working, just do nothing. Ha. Just do nothing and focus on ourselves maybe.... hahaha I don't know if I'm bridging the thoughts clearly but I see a correlation. Not that I'm in any position to give advice. But I wanted to reach out in solidarity

Also yikes about your injection! I'm so sorry you had to deal with that!

Originally Posted by goodbyeevan View Post
She has a white sandy beach with a dingy tied to a stump with a thick rope, an island and a waterfall.... I have a few places in my mind I just need to take the time to practice.
I always had a place when I was trying to escape anxiety, I used it instinctively when I was waking up so hung over with my nerves ringing, and when I was worried or fearful at night, and I should learn to use it when I'm awake to cope. I am laying down on my back in a shallow river or stream, on rocks, in a little divet that keeps me in place and the perfectly clear cool water runs around me. I have some other weird ones that come to me when I'm in yoga or meditating (when I can wrangle myself to do it), but I think that is so helpful...
Also I think you are so lucky to have a grandmother who also got sober. That is so cool to have someone in your family of another generation to talk to.

JO, I was trying to quote you as well, I lost it somehow, but on this subject of anxiety, I just want to wish you luck in soothing your daughter, I hope that having an empathetic mother like you will help her see that she is not alone and not a freak and that these feelings will pass, even if they seem all consuming. And, like Suze says, it will be ok. Another thing to remember for us all. Something else along those lines that I have probably quoted in here before, from a source unknown to me, but it has been helping me so much: "Feelings Are Visitors"

I'll be lurking all night. Can't believe I got through such an attack today without drinking. I do feel actually very proud of myself.
Old 08-01-2018, 08:17 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Reality...what a concept!

23:17 EDT and another 24 for me!
Old 08-01-2018, 09:11 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

9:10 pm in California and checking in for another 24. I am happy to be celebrating another milestone with all of you. Hope everyone had a great day.

❤️Delilah
Old 08-01-2018, 09:33 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

!Congrats to our family who are marking milestones in their recovery today!

I'm definitely in for my next 24.....

Bobbi
Old 08-01-2018, 10:32 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Morning, I’m checking in for 25 hours

24 hours not drinking alcohol and 24 hours trying to be best me