Notices

Class of August 2018 Part One

Old 08-10-2018, 10:07 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Good to see you darkling and congrats on day 12.

What are everyone's plans for the weekend? It feels weird today as Friday was usually a big drinking night for me but because I've done different things today that I don't normally do it just feels different somehow.

Thanks to you all classmates 😃
Old 08-10-2018, 10:12 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Hi All,

Day 3 is going well. Just come back from a run and about to enter the weekend. this is the time of week when I normally start my drinking. I would be selecting my beverage choices about now but not tonight, my friends.

have great and sober weekend.
Old 08-10-2018, 11:19 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Hello Classmates,

Great to see everyone is here.

Bekindalways,Bobdrop,Citrus,Blackbirdfly, great to meet you. Hope you had a good day today.

Darkling song Glad you had a better sleep last night. Oh the lucid nightmares are horrible. Enjoy your binge read & a peaceful Friday evening. Congrats on 12 days.

JT "sweat is simply fat crying out for mercy" why am I so childish? That line just made me laugh so much. Sounds like your excercise program is going well. I do a lot of walking, but need to add more. I shall think on that whilst I procrastinate over the weekend,lol.

Quit now Glad you had a great date night, apart from the drink spray incident.

Barbs Glad you had a good nights sleep, it really helps. Hope you had a lovely walk with your pups.

MNS, Sleep is so good for you, and yep I'd take sluggish over a hangover any day.

DavidBrown, A sober weekend sounds like a great plan. Day 3, woohoo

Zoeydog, Good luck for the weekend

To all you lovely August classmates. Thank you for being here, it is so great to have a support network. Another day sober and absolutely no plans to drink.

Have a lovely Evening,Morning,Afternoon wherever you are in the world, SP
Old 08-10-2018, 11:22 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Day 23 no wine .
Day 4 coming to an end of no smoking . Today has been tough . I babysit 2 kids at night ( have 3 of my own) and they have all been at it tonight!
But I didn't!
Since stopping smoking I've also starts keto diet as I'm scared I will it on weight!
Keep fighting g everyone x
Old 08-10-2018, 12:10 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sweetpeacan View Post
Hello Classmates,

Great to see everyone is here.

Bekindalways,Bobdrop,Citrus,Blackbirdfly, great to meet you. Hope you had a good day today.

Darkling song Glad you had a better sleep last night. Oh the lucid nightmares are horrible. Enjoy your binge read & a peaceful Friday evening. Congrats on 12 days.

JT "sweat is simply fat crying out for mercy" why am I so childish? That line just made me laugh so much. Sounds like your excercise program is going well. I do a lot of walking, but need to add more. I shall think on that whilst I procrastinate over the weekend,lol.

Quit now Glad you had a great date night, apart from the drink spray incident.

Barbs Glad you had a good nights sleep, it really helps. Hope you had a lovely walk with your pups.

MNS, Sleep is so good for you, and yep I'd take sluggish over a hangover any day.

DavidBrown, A sober weekend sounds like a great plan. Day 3, woohoo

Zoeydog, Good luck for the weekend

To all you lovely August classmates. Thank you for being here, it is so great to have a support network. Another day sober and absolutely no plans to drink.

Have a lovely Evening,Morning,Afternoon wherever you are in the world, SP
Thanks SP
Old 08-10-2018, 12:50 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  

I am back on day 2 after a 2 day binge. Why do I always think I can have just one drink? Yesterday was horrible. Worst possible hangover and I could barely walk and had to go out. No intentions of putting myself through that again. This is an inspiring group. I need the support. Wonderful to wake up feeling a lot better today.
Old 08-10-2018, 01:31 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sweetichick View Post
I am back on day 2 after a 2 day binge. Why do I always think I can have just one drink? Yesterday was horrible. Worst possible hangover and I could barely walk and had to go out. No intentions of putting myself through that again. This is an inspiring group. I need the support. Wonderful to wake up feeling a lot better today.
Hi sweetichick sorry to hear you picked up again but great to have you back here. I hope youcan identify what made you pick up and take steps to do something different next time . Maybe post on here next time you want a drink. Someone will talk you out of it ☺
Old 08-10-2018, 02:46 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  

RAL, I am going to have a relaxing weekend with the family. Tonight a little football practice with my son, and tomorrow I'm going to wake up without a hangover and go for a decent run (I hope!)

No desire to drink and I know you are all really helping my attitude this time. I thought of all your little avatars when I was out last night. Felt like you were cheering me on even when I was logged off. LOL! Kinda corny but I that's how I roll

I realize some of you are getting ready to call it another sober day or already sleeping, but I look forward to waking up to your lovely posts tomorrow.

Off to go for a long walk in the heat. Got to burn off this weight I gained after my last wine binge.

Sweetichick, We understand and we've all asked "why?" But the important thing is to get back to your sober path and don't veer to the left or the right. Let's stay the course together.

DavidBrown, Well done on day 3. Keep it going through the weekend...we can do this.

Welcome to the new classmates! So glad you've joined us.
Old 08-10-2018, 02:47 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Great to see you back Sweetichick. Well done on getting back to sobriety so soon. Last time I slipped it took me 3 months and over 250 bottles of wine later.

Night everyone. Stay Strong.

JT
Old 08-10-2018, 02:47 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  

I should clarify: I'm not practicing football with son, but going to watch him at practice!
Old 08-10-2018, 03:27 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Sweetichick glad you came right back. Stay close.

Welcome bekindalways!

Strawberry, you're doing great!

I had a great walk with the puppies. They love running the trails off leash. And yes, my puppy Lucy is my avatar

RAL, my husband is away for the weekend which has always been a big drinking time for me. But not this weekend. I plan on watching a few episodes of stranger things and then going to bed at a decent time. Saturday is always my day with my mom so we'll go out to breakfast and do some shopping. Hubby will be home Sunday afternoon,so I'll be cleaning out the camper then lol.

I hope everyone has a good night.
Old 08-10-2018, 03:47 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Hey August, I see lots of familiar names here so just wanted to pop in and say hey. I am doing well, and I am sober, though I haven't been on SR much lately.

Wish all my SR friends and this group strength and happiness!
Old 08-10-2018, 04:26 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Hello all,
A late check in for me this evening. Day 17 almost done.

Welcome Citrus, BlackBird and BeKind and if I missed someone else. Welcome back SweetiChick. I was thinking about you. Glad you checked in. How are you doing?

I want to respond to everyone's posts, but I have to run in a bit. I loved them.

First off, Barbs Lucy is adorable and just put a much needed smile on my face. As I sit here, my boys (kids and husband) just went off camping for the night with the scouts. I am on dog duty. So I find it somewhat fitting yours is the last post/most recent I read as I had a bit of a struggle with the "I am all alone in the house" as you are as well (assuming with Lucy, but no husband).

I should have posted this last night. I went to the grocery store early. Ready posts on my iphone from you guys just because I was out close to witching hour. I smiled about how you are all these people in my head (in a good way, like QuitNow said about avatars cheering you on which I love). Shopped. Thought the peaches smell amazing and how did I ever waste time on drinking and miss all the natural beauty around me. Point is, I was as great and strong and happy as can be with my sobriety.

On the way home I thought, this is lovely weather for the boys to go camping tomorrow and BAM! In about 30 seconds, maybe even 10: Nice weather, I will be alone, the weather is nice because it is summer, summer is ending, you need to enjoy summer, you need wine, must get wine now, wine outside in summer, quick this is important because you can never do this again, why quit now since you will mess it up next week when you travel, give up and try again later, you will never get this chance back to do this now, now, now (QUICK DO CASEY SALUTE AS YOU DRIVE BY LIQUOR STORE) it hasn't been long, just do this week and next and then try again later.

I made it home (thanks in part to Casey and you all), but it was crazy. As I think DavidBrown said, we all can understand each other even if we have different backgrounds. If I described this to someone else they would think oh, so you wanted some wine. The crazy thing was the immediacy, the intensity and how it took hold and rapid fired these thoughts. When I picture fighting the AV I picture this contemplative or persistent reasoning with myself. That was like a tank of piranhas being dropped on me out of nowhere. It was just so intense.

Fear not my friends, I made it through. I should have posted this last night. In part because I have been doing really well and I think it is important to share the bad with the good to really support and be supported. But also I feel like there was this part that wasn't quite shaken off. It is lingering. I am good and I have been good. I still know this is it for real, for good, but there is something to learn here and I want to say that it was hard and today was hard.

I am going away next weekend. I have to. So that thought of I am doomed anyway caught hold. I don't know why. I don't really believe that and I will take every day between now and then to figure that out and fight it every way I can. But I saw a taste of how quickly this can go and in a different way than when I have chosen to over time in the past. I also saw how knowing I was going to post this here, some of the tips I learned here and having accountability mean something. I know I can just shut this browser window and there is nothing really I am accountable for, but it really helped me in that drive. Not kidding about the salute either.

So I will do my work and figure out what is going on. I think I need to spill some truths before next weekend. I almost feel like my AV felt I was starving it and gave it all in one shot of energy, but need to shake this feeling.

Boys are gone. Home alone. Didn't get wine. Not going to. I am going to get into a bath and put on jammies and watch TV in bed with the dogs. I am not going to put away laundry as planned. I just need to shut it down for now.

OH and I did more than walk today. I made my fat cry, Tony.

I will not drink tonight. I will not drink next week. I am done with drinking forever and I will never change my mind. Take that, AV. I am writing my own script as Tony said. And you , my AV, are not in it.

Hope all are sleeping well and those of us around here are winding up their Fridays well. Hope the smoke is clearing from the air too!

Suze
Old 08-10-2018, 04:28 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Hi August 2018 class

Day four.
First real go at this.
I’m a mess and hurting and my monkey chatter won’t shut the hell up.

it’s 2018? I’ve been in a coma for 8 years so I wouldn’t know.
I only just realized how our of touch with reality I’ve been when I realized that time has been lost to me - literally and figuratively- because I was drunk and dumb as a doorknob. My 5 year old had surgery this morning. I had to sign the date on the intake form and I actually knew what to write. My brain is a fog storm but I knew the date and I was sober for my little guy!

I want to join you all on this journey.
So happy I found you.
Old 08-10-2018, 04:36 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Bekindalways, Prof D and Bmc

welcome back sweetichick

D
Old 08-10-2018, 05:46 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Welcome BMC and ProfD (I missed you last time). BMC, what a great last part of 2018 you can have. Glad you guys are here.

I am still home alone. Ran to the campsite to give ice cream sandwiches to the scouts which was good because it was lovely and outside and grounding. Bad because I was OUT at NIGHT. I even had to grab some waters from a store that surprisingly had wine. Sigh. But I am home safe and sound. Definitely not doing laundry.

I am starting to put together a plan to avoid last night. Although happy ending, I think I need something more. I have some notes down, but....

I see Dee on here. I am so bad with international time zones. I am wondering....

Is it bad not to count days? I am thinking I might want to celebrate milestones but not count days...for me only, I totally get why they are great for most people and especially AA. Rational Recovery plus a hodge podge of other things I have read speak to me. I really feel relief at I am never going to drink again and never change my mind. The day counting sort of makes me feel like I am on a diet or counting how many hours of sleep I got or calorie counting or hours/days of exercise in a week. Somehow like a temporary fad or something that of course you will have off days on.

I look forward to celebrating the new year without having this resolution. I have so many milestones I look forward to celebrating including one month. But I feel like that tripped me up after a month last time. Like there is an end at some point. If I remove it as a choice, if it is dead to me, doesn't exist, is a no-go period then that is that. Focus on filling in the hole it left rather than counting every day since the hole was created. I feel like for me it gives it power but also still feels like a record to set each time I quit or a focus on the past.

I want to draw a line in fire from the day I quit and enjoy it, not focus on that day. I know and appreciate and celebrate all the people who this is important too. Counting days got me through until now too, so I mean no disrespect to anyone at all. I am just thinking of switching tack since that is what was messing me up last night. Drink now while it is still early days. Last month it was Drink now since you made it a month. The time thing messes with my head.

Curious for those of you who know more...or any of you, bad idea?
Old 08-10-2018, 05:50 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  

BMC, that sounds really scary about the surgery. I hope he is okay and glad you were clear headed for it. Good for you!

SweetPecan, your post was very soothing to me. Darkling, hope you are still feel better. Hang in there.

I am still impressed by RAl's roll call. Nicely done. I am feeling bad I am missing people, but you are all in my head and helping me get through this. I just can't read my own notes tonight. Good night!
Old 08-10-2018, 06:16 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ProfessorD View Post
Hey August, I see lots of familiar names here so just wanted to pop in and say hey. I am doing well, and I am sober, though I haven't been on SR much lately.

Wish all my SR friends and this group strength and happiness!
Hi ProfD! I’m so glad you checked in. I’ve been thinking of you and wondering how you were doing. Obviously, I’m still struggling to stay sober back at day 5 here, but I’m determined to get this once and for all.

Stay close!
Old 08-10-2018, 07:41 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Recognizing Feeling.......I overslept & did not make appt with counselor today but was thinking this afternoon when I was feeling extremely anxious & I stopped to ask myself what I was really feeling & it was excitement. I quit feeling so anxious then & set out to enjoy the deal, which was picking up a new dog. I actually had her for a night a month ago but then family were going to come get her & found out last night they haven’t come for her & her other family moved away 2 months ago, so I called & told them I really want her. A sweety, little red lab

AnywY.....anxiety seems to be something many of us deal with & ive decided to try & stop when I get to feeling like that & identify what it is I may be feeling....besides anxious. Not being so good at wanting to feel things this might be helpful.

Tired tonight & so glad to have a dog by my side again after a long while
Winding down in day 11 & grateful to be home sober & to know I have support here & hoping all sleep well or having a good Saturday
Old 08-10-2018, 09:50 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  

I’m back, starting over at day 1. Count me in. Looking forward to reading this thread.