Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 400

Old 07-27-2018, 07:07 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sweetpeacan View Post
Many Thanks, Dee. Would like another 24 please & thanks.

Feeling rather shattered today. Had a terrible fight with the AV last night. But am rather proud that for the first time in a long time I did not cave and today I woke up to another sober day. That was after being at a meeting too. Grateful so very Grateful.

My thoughts & prayers to our 24'ers, there are lots of sad,tough times going on & no matter what you all keep trudging on, an example to me indeed.

Much Love, SP
Well done, dear Sweetpeacan. Way to flex those sober muscles. So proud of you!
Old 07-27-2018, 07:10 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
July 27, 2018

snufkin ~ 2 weeks!
Neoo ~ 1 year & 6 months!!
venuscat ~ 3 years & 9 months!
1newcreation ~ 5 years & 11 months!

Bump!
Old 07-27-2018, 07:13 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Time to celebrate our brilliant Milestoners!!!

11 years, 2.5 months

Congratulations!

Enjoy, all!
Old 07-27-2018, 07:16 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Yum. And I really really want one of those now. ❤️
Old 07-27-2018, 07:18 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TheToddman View Post
24 more to end somewhat of a tough week.

Glad y'all are here

Take care everyone...
Hope that your weekend is easy-peasy, dear Toddman. ❤️
Old 07-27-2018, 07:41 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Another 24 please. Thank you. Hope you make today a great day!
Old 07-27-2018, 08:02 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I want a muffin too!

Feeling much better today. Started browsing job postings for DJTM. I don't even know how to talk to him about the fact that his drunk boss is toxic and keeping him down and from growing in his life. He knows. But he's letting it go on. And drinking himself into numbness. But I'm here and I'm going to try to make some art today. Even just a small sketch. Gotta get those juices flowing. Anyway I found a job posting for a friend of mine, I think it would be perfect for her! Maybe it'll work out!
Old 07-27-2018, 08:15 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

I’ll do another 24 hours of FREEDOM!

Looked at my APP and it says 600 days SOBER today. That’s a NICE ROUND NUMBER. Never thought I would be here in my lifetime! Thank you SR Friends!!!
Old 07-27-2018, 08:23 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Congrats on 600 days quitter!! And to all the others reaching a milestone today!

And well done Sweetpeacan, I'm proud of you!

Good to hear you're feeling better dear Plenny Enjoy doing that sketch and share it here if you like, I'd love to see!

My snowy owl is looking at me very sternly, I think she wants me to hurry up with her feathers!
Old 07-27-2018, 09:08 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Thanks Kev, I can't wait to see what you've been working on too!

I just posted a huge long rant in Friends and Family of A's, to try to organize my thoughts on my SO. I might need to find an AlAnon meeting this week too.

Hope you're all having a wonderful day. I am going to try to keep my chin up
Old 07-27-2018, 09:17 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Rar

24 hours for me please. Congratulations to the milestones for superb sobriety time. Yay! Still no internet. .
Old 07-27-2018, 09:31 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Congratulations to all of the people celebrating milestones today! I am definitely in for another 24! Hope everyone has a wonderful, sober weekend.
Old 07-27-2018, 09:36 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Plenny View Post
Thanks Kev, I can't wait to see what you've been working on too!

I just posted a huge long rant in Friends and Family of A's, to try to organize my thoughts on my SO. I might need to find an AlAnon meeting this week too.

Hope you're all having a wonderful day. I am going to try to keep my chin up
I just saw it and ranted back a long arse reply... I went to a couple of Alanon meetings myself. They have a very different vibe to them compared to AA but there was so much love and support there! Very emotional though which I found a bit much to deal with at times. But I'm just a bit handicapped when it comes to emotions and having a healthy distance to them. Either I distance myself too much and seem like an ice block or I feel them all and drown in them.
Old 07-27-2018, 09:56 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone !
24 more please
Congratulations to all the milestoners here today ! ! ! ! !
Babs
Old 07-27-2018, 10:05 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1
It might be nice to get some food in the house though Kev, and it sounds like she will help you tidy up a little. Maybe you can let her l is you would love for her to stop by for a short time because you are still working on getting your energy back.
Originally Posted by Plenny
I am so glad that painting is helping. And, I do think it's important to set boundaries with people when you are feeling drained. Even if they just want to take care of you. Maybe even one more day to recharge before you see her will help.... and if you two generally get along, maybe after a few minutes you'll be glad you have her as a visitor. Then when she's finished helping you out you will have sweet solitude again.
I had my mum coming over this noon, she went to the grocery store for me and took out my bins (two activities I definitely don't regret missing out on!)

She only stayed for about 2 hours which really was enough. She keeps treating me like a 10 year old (which is odd because when I was 10 she neglected me) and I told her off a few times. I think I was easily irritated but apologised to her, still making it clear why I was annoyed and that she has to accept that I am an adult, making my own decisions, not needing a supervisor. She actually admitted to being in the wrong, never having accepted the fact emotionally that I am grown up and that she is no longer responsible for me. She even admitted that it would really annoy her too if someone kept treating her like she can't take care of herself.
Unfortunately she also said she doesn't know how to change this...

Now I'll have the whole weekend to myself until my roomie comes back on tuesday
Old 07-27-2018, 10:51 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Checking in for my next 24
Old 07-27-2018, 11:10 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Cos she's your mum Kev....and she loves you, and she will look after you even if it drives you crazy.....she will do anything for you.

I miss my mum so so so much. Sorry...Soberversary day for me and I ALWAYS get very emotional. ❤️
Old 07-27-2018, 11:54 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Aww Suze, have a hug

I think it would be easier for me to deal with her behaviour, if she had been there for me when I actually needed her. But she didn't take that good care of me as a child and all of a sudden she feels responsible for me. I know she means well but it makes me angry. Plus she's constantly disrespecting any boundaries I try to establish. It's a difficult relationship I have with her.

In her memory she was always this super-mum and she keeps telling people that it was because of me that she didn't have a career and that it was of me that she couldn't go to work after my parents' divorce. But I was 10, going to school and she could've easily found work. Instead she chose to sleep all day, smoke and watch the telly, didn't make me lunch or dinner and send me to get the groceries. In hindsight I think she was very depressed during my late childhood and teenage years. But she rewrote that complete chapter of her life, telling everyone how she was so busy taking care of me. Which is so hurtful when I think about how it really was.

I have a hard time forgiving her. But I think it would break her too much to admit how things really were.
Old 07-27-2018, 12:10 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I will take another sober 24 please.
Old 07-27-2018, 12:11 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sweetpeacan View Post
Many Thanks, Dee. Would like another 24 please & thanks.

Feeling rather shattered today. Had a terrible fight with the AV last night. But am rather proud that for the first time in a long time I did not cave and today I woke up to another sober day. That was after being at a meeting too. Grateful so very Grateful.

My thoughts & prayers to our 24'ers, there are lots of sad,tough times going on & no matter what you all keep trudging on, an example to me indeed.

Much Love, SP
That's a big win!!!