Old 07-30-2018, 08:42 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by county111111 View Post
Day 100. Thanks for the support all. Committing to 24 more hours

Well done, county11111!
Old 07-30-2018, 08:44 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
This is a list of everyone who posted their commitment to stay sober in the last
24 hours: 8 pm EDT ~ 7.59 pm EDT.

It is awesome to have every single one of you here with us!

1newcreation
abcowboy
Alysheba
ananda
Atlast9999
aussieblue
Awake61
Babs1234
badgerden
bandicoot2
BarbieKen
BrandNewDay11
Bubovski
Canadian Koala
CeeFarro
ChloeRose63
Coldfusion
county111111
CrossYourHeart
Daisybelle
Dee74
Delilah1
Endoftheday
erfra7
Finalcall
Free2bme888
FormerBeerLover
Gabe1980
gatorman
Gilmer
Goat
goodbyeevan
goose333
Hats
Hevyn
heyfly
Jack16
joandmelandhan
jsm273
julietUK
Kaneda8888
kenton
kevlarsjal2
Kris47
Lascaux
least
lilymaz
Lostmyoffswitch
lyddie
Mags1
Minion09
Marcutah1
Neoo
Nic233
nmd
Optimist4ever57
PaigeMasters
PhoenixJ
Pinky1
Plenny
Quincy
quitter62
Rainman1
Rar
RedBerryJuniper
Saskia
ShenzyT
Snufkin
soberista
SoberLeigh
stargazer016
Sunflower79
Sunflowerlife
Sweetpeacan
tgirl
TheToddman
theVman31
time2LLL60
tomls
vanaprastha
vassvik
venuscat
Vinificent
WaterOx
WeaverBird
Whendovescry
Willow68
wiscsober
YCDT2
Yixi
yukonm
Zanna
zeppodog
zoeydog

Onward together!

July 30, 2018

PaigeMasters ~ 4 weeks!
Minion09 ~ 55 days!
county111111 ~ 100 days!
yixi ~ 7 months!
Goat ~ 1 year & 2 months!

Bump!
Old 07-30-2018, 08:47 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Time to celebrate our Milestoners!!!

Many Congratulations!

Enjoy, all.
Old 07-30-2018, 08:54 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Good afternoon all. Oops a bit late today. The sun has made an appearance at last so we have been at the beach all day. How lovely!
24 please and lots of love to everyone ❤❤❤
Old 07-30-2018, 09:42 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  

24 more please
Babs
Old 07-30-2018, 10:12 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Thanks all! 4 weeks feels absolutely amazing. As such, I am definitely in for 24 more. Happy Monday to everyone. Congrats to everyone celebrating a milestone. I am very grateful to SR... checking in has become part of my regular sober routine. ❤️❤️
Old 07-30-2018, 10:49 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Whats this? I get left off the list...??!?! What the....?!?!?

All an elaborate ploy to get me back tomorrow 😉😉

Let me get through today but I really hope to be back, and even on the list, tomorrow 😂😂😂
Old 07-30-2018, 12:45 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  

I am so sorry.....I will add you twice tonight love. ♥♥

(Just wait....I will )
Old 07-30-2018, 01:08 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Goodnight Guys
Old 07-30-2018, 01:25 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Minion09 View Post
Early rise today... thankful to be 55 days today and in for 24 more. Heart is heavy today as I have a funeral to go to, life is complicated! I shall give support and love to this dear family in the loss of their husband, father and dear friend! Present and sober mind and I’m grateful for the gift of one more day! Make it count today folks! Do something for another person selflessly, expecting nothing in return. 💕
Sending you love and support for today Minion ❤️
Old 07-30-2018, 01:28 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Can your chat people please explain "pancake" darling weev?
Hi Venuscat
Haha pancaking is when you’re trying to take a dog (often puppies) or other animals (my stepdaughter’s cat for example ) for a walk and they go “nope no way, I aint walking anywhere “ and lay down flat and refuse to move
Old 07-30-2018, 01:32 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Hi everyone
Checking in for another 24 hours please, 6.30am from a beautiful morning in tropical North Queensland
I’m feeling very grateful for you all on SR ❤️ I’ve had a few triggers the last few days but have managed to let them slide on by without acting on them, largely by reading your posts. Banished that sneaky AV a few more times. I think the AV is like a chameleon, it keeps changing it’s appearance and tries to surprise me and trick me by camouflaging it’s arguments and sugar coating them. But I’m getting wiser to it’s tricks. Must remain vigilant though and keep an eye out for it’s new tricks...

Stay strong everyone, love and support to you all ❤️ Xx
Old 07-30-2018, 01:53 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Neoo View Post
Goodnight Guys
Goodnight Neo
I’m having my first morning coffee and wishing I had some of Goose’s home roasted coffee beans, yummm
Old 07-30-2018, 01:55 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  

I'm late, I'm late. 24 please....

Love to you all xxx
Old 07-30-2018, 02:25 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
Hi everyone
Checking in for another 24 hours please, 6.30am from a beautiful morning in tropical North Queensland
I’m feeling very grateful for you all on SR ❤️ I’ve had a few triggers the last few days but have managed to let them slide on by without acting on them, largely by reading your posts. Banished that sneaky AV a few more times. I think the AV is like a chameleon, it keeps changing it’s appearance and tries to surprise me and trick me by camouflaging it’s arguments and sugar coating them. But I’m getting wiser to it’s tricks. Must remain vigilant though and keep an eye out for it’s new tricks...

Stay strong everyone, love and support to you all ❤️ Xx
May I share?

Gonna sound silly....but moving here was a massive culture shock. Not good for me.....well, very good for my AV who started drooling....so I have found some interesting ways to acclimate and tell my devil to go the heck AWAY.....the accents were so strange, the ads.....I don't do TV....so I decided to change it up and I subscribed to YouTube TV for a month....I am listening to US stuff and starting to enjoy it.....starting to not feel like a Martian here....

I say this because this has been a HUGE trigger for me. Feeling different. Feeling alone. Feeling other than....sound familiar? So I fixed it. I am an Aussie American now....and I claim it.....my AV can go jump in the lake.

Love you Willow...thank you for being my friend. ♥♥
Old 07-30-2018, 02:31 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I will take another 24 please.
Old 07-30-2018, 02:57 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Nite Willow
Old 07-30-2018, 03:39 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  

May I share?

Gonna sound silly....but moving here was a massive culture shock. Not good for me.....well, very good for my AV who started drooling....so I have found some interesting ways to acclimate and tell my devil to go the heck AWAY.....the accents were so strange, the ads.....I don't do TV....so I decided to change it up and I subscribed to YouTube TV for a month....I am listening to US stuff and starting to enjoy it.....starting to not feel like a Martian here....

I say this because this has been a HUGE trigger for me. Feeling different. Feeling alone. Feeling other than....sound familiar? So I fixed it. I am an Aussie American now....and I claim it.....my AV can go jump in the lake.

Love you Willow...thank you for being my friend. ♥♥
Thanks for sharing and thanks for being my friend too Venuscat love you ❤️
What you said, being “other than “ is key. I think we often feel like we’re different or don’t fit in. I know I certainly do! Moving to the states would have been HUGE! I’ll bet the AV was so excited about so many excuses to drink... A testament to your amazingness and your strength that you didn’t give in to it! And finding ways to feel part of your surroundings and included is really important ❤️❤️
On the flip side I think we also have to be a bit careful about what we choose to fit in with.... just as an example for me at the moment, I’m a fair bit older than most of my fellow uni students many of which want to go to the uni club beer garden after class and have drinks, which is just too much temptation for me right now.... so I’m trying to fit in with them in other ways but I only choose to fit in with them on the compassion and teamwork level without engaging in their social life
Old 07-30-2018, 03:47 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  

23.47 North West U.K

Running late but I'll grab another 24 please.

Much love to you all. xx
Old 07-30-2018, 03:49 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
Thanks for sharing and thanks for being my friend too Venuscat love you ❤️
What you said, being “other than “ is key. I think we often feel like we’re different or don’t fit in. I know I certainly do! Moving to the states would have been HUGE! I’ll bet the AV was so excited about so many excuses to drink... A testament to your amazingness and your strength that you didn’t give in to it! And finding ways to feel part of your surroundings and included is really important ❤️❤️
On the flip side I think we also have to be a bit careful about what we choose to fit in with.... just as an example for me at the moment, I’m a fair bit older than most of my fellow uni students many of which want to go to the uni club beer garden after class and have drinks, which is just too much temptation for me right now.... so I’m trying to fit in with them in other ways but I only choose to fit in with them on the compassion and teamwork level without engaging in their social life
Sorry for intruding, but I have been thinking so much about the whole "fitting in" thing. I've been trying to fit in all my life, always felt like the odd one. But it takes me so much energy to fit in. So I am starting to wonder if it wouldn't be better to just accept that I do not fit in and be okay with it instead. I feel a bit like a duck trying to fit in with pigeons. It's possible and if I try hard the pigeons will see me as one of them but it's not in my nature to sit on trees, I feel much more myself swimming in the pond.