Notices

Sugar Addiction Recovery Thread Part 3

Old 08-02-2018, 07:16 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Hey guys. I’m gonna jump in on this group... if that is okay.

My eating habits have been pretty bad since I quit drinking 60 days ago. I can’t stop eating sweets and cheese. Last night bedtime snack was out of control.

Gonna go back and read the thread to get to know you guys.
See ya around here 🤗
Old 08-02-2018, 07:17 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Hello
Old 08-02-2018, 09:34 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bumblebee2 View Post
Hey guys. I’m gonna jump in on this group... if that is okay.

My eating habits have been pretty bad since I quit drinking 60 days ago. I can’t stop eating sweets and cheese. Last night bedtime snack was out of control.

Gonna go back and read the thread to get to know you guys.
See ya around here 🤗
Welcome BumbleBee. Glad to have you join us.
Old 08-02-2018, 09:30 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Checking in for 24 hours of safe eating.

Got gym class first thing. Is a retro aerobics class. Should be real fun. Haven't done this one before. My gym has a fabulous selection of classes available.

I am lucky to have such great facilities so near to my home.
Old 08-03-2018, 01:20 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,
I'm checking in for 24 hours of safe eating today. I'm working for finding out my triggers.
Doing a HIIT workout this morning and hopefully get 30 mins on my CrossTrainer later today.

Does anyone else eat lots of fruit ?
I've been told various things about fruit, some folks are saying "eat plenty", as it's good for you etc.....others are saying "don't eat too much, it's full of fructose, piles on the calories"...……..I'm fairly sure it can't be as bad as chugging down a bottle of red wine every night though....

Have a good day everyone.

xxxxx
Old 08-03-2018, 09:09 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ShenzyT View Post
Hi everyone,
I'm checking in for 24 hours of safe eating today. I'm working for finding out my triggers.
Doing a HIIT workout this morning and hopefully get 30 mins on my CrossTrainer later today.

Does anyone else eat lots of fruit ?
I've been told various things about fruit, some folks are saying "eat plenty", as it's good for you etc.....others are saying "don't eat too much, it's full of fructose, piles on the calories"...……..I'm fairly sure it can't be as bad as chugging down a bottle of red wine every night though....

Have a good day everyone.

xxxxx
Hi Shenzy,
One thing I have learned through my years of trial and error with food/diet is that you have to find what works for your body! I was once a low fat vegan, following Dr. Furhman's Eat To Live protocol which included unlimited fruits. I ate fresh and dried fruit daily and was thinner than I am now on keto- but I also starved my body of fat (20 grams a day) which would explain that part of it. It worked for me for a while but my blood sugar never felt stable which is why I went the keto route. For me, keto is the only diet that keeps my appetite down and allows me to function without thinking about food 24/7.

Only you know how fruit works for you body- does it create cravings? I think it would be very hard to become overweight by fruit consumption alone- there would be other factors involved like combining high carb with high fat which doesn't work for most people (hence one of the issues with the Standard American Diet.) My experience is, if you are eating high carb, your fat needs to be a bit lower and if you are eating high fat, your carbs need to be lower. I am strictly talking about weight though. I am sure there are people who have learned how to eat the right amounts of fat and carbs for their bodies. For me I have to limit on or the other (carbs or fats) to feel my best. But you may be totally different! I would experiment with the fruit- try a little extra than you are used to and see how it makes you feel. Your body will tell you what it does and doesn't like- kind of like how I know when I have eaten too much cheese for the day

Kind of joking there but I think you know what I mean

Glad to have you here.
Old 08-03-2018, 03:42 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Weev, where are you?
Day 4 of complete and utter, mindless binge eating for me. Sick to my stomach, my heart and my being. I can’t do this anymore.

Meeting with my new sponsor for the first time on Monday morning (from OA.) I am nervous about it but curious and hopeful. I obviously can’t do this on my own.
Old 08-03-2018, 04:38 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

I am proud of you. Again. ♥♥♥♥♥

And yes if weev doesn't show up tomorrow I will call her. xx
Old 08-03-2018, 11:00 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Checking in for a safe, clean eating day.
Old 08-03-2018, 11:04 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Weev, where are you?
Day 4 of complete and utter, mindless binge eating for me. Sick to my stomach, my heart and my being. I can’t do this anymore.

Meeting with my new sponsor for the first time on Monday morning (from OA.) I am nervous about it but curious and hopeful. I obviously can’t do this on my own.
https://www.avision4you.info/

I find this OA site lovely to listen too. I have learnt a lot from it. I share it in the hope that you find it helpful as well.

I love that a lot of them talk of our binge foods as "alcoholic foods" for me that makes it easier to not eat them.
Old 08-04-2018, 12:03 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

I have decided to remove fruit from my safe foods. I notice it is starting to affect me.

My safe foods vary so I have to adjust them as needed.

I am accepting of this.
Old 08-04-2018, 03:22 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeacefulWater12 View Post
https://www.avision4you.info/

I find this OA site lovely to listen too. I have learnt a lot from it. I share it in the hope that you find it helpful as well.

I love that a lot of them talk of our binge foods as "alcoholic foods" for me that makes it easier to not eat them.
Thank you PW. I do listen to the speaker meetings on podcasts but hadn't done so in several weeks. I will listen today at the gym.

Have a wonderful weekend. I am off to the gym for my first workout in almost a week (I tried working out at home yesterday and ended up binging instead.)

Bloated, tired, puffy- but I am hopeful that this is all over now. God help me.
Old 08-04-2018, 05:07 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Thanks again PW. I listened to some great speaker meetings this morning. About 90 minutes worth. It’s amazing when you hear something that is exactly the way you feel about food and how it affects you. Makes me feel less alone.
Old 08-04-2018, 01:21 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Thanks again PW. I listened to some great speaker meetings this morning. About 90 minutes worth. It’s amazing when you hear something that is exactly the way you feel about food and how it affects you. Makes me feel less alone.
I find that too, is a great comfort.

I only recently discovered that site. I had been listening to AA, AL-anon, OA, Greysheet talks on You Tube before. There aren't many OA.

Coming across that site quite by chance has been a gift to me.
Old 08-04-2018, 01:22 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Closing on a very enjoyable day of lovely, safe food.
Old 08-04-2018, 03:22 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

I am worried about weev and something else is going on that I don't understand....it might be weather-related....I cannot eat. At all today. I have tried....no go.

This too shall pass. ♥
Old 08-04-2018, 11:02 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I am worried about weev and something else is going on that I don't understand....it might be weather-related....I cannot eat. At all today. I have tried....no go.

This too shall pass. ♥
It will indeed pass. Take extra care of yourself, please.
Old 08-04-2018, 11:03 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Gratefully checking in for another day of healthy self care.
Old 08-04-2018, 11:05 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Hi WeaverBird, hope you are ok.
Old 08-05-2018, 06:27 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Hi PW, hope you have a lovely day. xx

I think something is wong....someone in my life is in trouble....this is why I couldn't eat all day....I had a good dinner though. But something is definitely wrong....